[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick looks to return in June 2009.

WaterMan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN.com news services

Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff acknowledged in an interview on the team's Web site that the Falcons have decided to trade the rights to their suspended quarterback, Michael Vick.

"With regards to Michael Vick, we've decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club," Dimitroff said in a Q & A with AtlantaFalcons.com. "We took a number of steps in the 2008 season, including using our first pick to draft a quarterback. We feel a trade is the best move for the Falcons, and it's also in the best interest of Michael.

"This has been a really unique situation from a variety of standpoints and because we will actively be involved in a trade situation, I don't envision our organization speaking any more about this subject publicly until it's reached a resolution."

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence at the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kan., for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy. He is scheduled for release July 20 but could serve the last few months of his term at a halfway house in Newport News, Va., his hometown.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. :wacko:

ESPN.com news services

Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff acknowledged in an interview on the team's Web site that the Falcons have decided to trade the rights to their suspended quarterback, Michael Vick.

"With regards to Michael Vick, we've decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club," Dimitroff said in a Q & A with AtlantaFalcons.com. "We took a number of steps in the 2008 season, including using our first pick to draft a quarterback. We feel a trade is the best move for the Falcons, and it's also in the best interest of Michael.

"This has been a really unique situation from a variety of standpoints and because we will actively be involved in a trade situation, I don't envision our organization speaking any more about this subject publicly until it's reached a resolution."

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence at the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kan., for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy. He is scheduled for release July 20 but could serve the last few months of his term at a halfway house in Newport News, Va., his hometown.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. :wacko:

Trade? Someone out there is actually thinking of employing this POS? :D

I can't see anyone putting Vick on the team. I would imagine that the home crowd would boo him every time he sees the field and being booed at home will be tough on the rest of the players on the field at the time.

Please. :wacko::D

These people are paid high amounts of money because they are gifted.

i'd take him

What? For the Bears? :wacko::D

I'd burn every one of the many pieces of Bears paraphernalia I possess if they signed this subhuman piece of crud.

These people are paid high amounts of money because they are gifted.

Following that logic, how are you managing on your 10c a month?

I'd burn every one of the many pieces of Bears paraphernalia I possess if they signed this subhuman piece of crud.

I wouldn't burn my Greg Lloyd jersey (or my new SIXBURGH shirt), but I'd put them away until he left if Pittsburgh signed him.

Let Ron Mexico go to the CFL.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

This will be interesting.

Let's say this were Peyton Manning. I bet teams would take him back. I'm sure the fact that he's a POS will weigh into the decision but if they reallly think he'd be a big improvement on their starting qb, i can see some teams wanting to trade for him.

Now the question becomes, how good a qb do some teams think he is. Could he be the starter somewhere? Is he worth the negative publicity?

Rod Woodson said he will be let back in and "sometimes we treat animals better than children that have been murdered" :wacko:

We do? Are there child murderers in the NFL I don't know about?

Has the NFL passed on suspending him? I think he needs to be suspended at least a year and probably longer.

Vick made an otherwise terrible team competetive almost yearly. For that reason alone I cannot jump on the bus and say he was a terrible player. He may have been a terrible passer but there appears to be more than one way to skin this cat.

I really have a hard time with dogfighting being so serious, when every day hundreds of animals are shot and killed by hunters. Not that it shouldn't be a crime, but to end a guy's whole life over dogfighting seems a bit hypocritical.

To all of those that would be ashamed of there team if Vick were to sign with them, how many of you would draft Vick? How many Huddlers would actually draft Vick? And if you say no, why? I tell you what, this is FF folks and if Vick comes back you can bet your last pair of panties I'm gonna make a play for him in FA. Last I heard, FF was about winning not about principles.

An Atlanta TV station last night said there were 6 teams that had an interest in him. They did not name the teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was bs. I read that Atlanta takes a huge cap hit if they release him. I bet they'd trade him for a couple six packs of coors light at this point.

To all of those that would be ashamed of there team if Vick were to sign with them, how many of you would draft Vick? How many Huddlers would actually draft Vick? And if you say no, why? I tell you what, this is FF folks and if Vick comes back you can bet your last pair of panties I'm gonna make a play for him in FA. Last I heard, FF was about winning not about principles.

Sure, I'll buy late. At one point he was one of the very best players in my league (we have YPC bonus). Heck, if Ricky Williams can get drafted as early as some people around here took him, I don't see how those people wouldn't take Vick in the 4th round. Face it, we're whores.

I really have a hard time with dogfighting being so serious, when every day hundreds of animals are shot and killed by hunters. Not that it shouldn't be a crime, but to end a guy's whole life over dogfighting seems a bit hypocritical.

Utter crap. Although I'm no big fan of hunting, there's a world of difference between sporting hunting and forcing dogs to fight in a pit. Vick should literally have his life ended.

I would never draft Vick. And if you think it's all about winning, I'll pass on being in leagues with you.

Face it, we're whores.

Speak for yourself.

Go right ahead.

He is a free agent in many MFL leagues.