[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick looks to return in June 2009.

WaterMan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that is lost here is that in the deep south, they look at dogfighting like we look at speeding tickets. Sure, its illegal, but it is such commonplace that unless you are someone of Vick's celebrity, you probably aren't ever going to get in any trouble for it. The guy killed and tortured animals that were born and bred to fight each other, and have been born and bred this way for a hundred years. Pit bulls and rots. The guy was fighting and killing pits and rots. And we are going to end his whole life over this!?!? Seriously? Again, every single team is full of people that commit crimes that hurt actual people. Yet if this one guy is on your team you'll disown your team? Even if you aren't a hunting hypocrite, it just doesn't make any sense. He never got in trouble for hurting anyone. He never got in trouble for selling drugs to people or carrying a weapon. He never got in trouble for putting people's lives in danger by drinking and driving. He was brutalizing animals that aren't meant to be on the streets anyways. Lets give him the chair!!! Ursa, you know as well as I do that there are people on the Bears that have done crimes that hurt actual human beings, we don't have to hash that out. It isn't like he was torturing the family lab. I still can't believe he ever went to jail at all, when groups of people go out hunting on a weekly basis and hunt much more important animals in the food chain. Even more so, these people take the pictures of the animals they killed, and hang them up to brag about!! They keep the heads of these animals as trophies!! Yeah, lets go get Mike Vick and hang him. This guy was killing rots and pits. How can it be that big of a deal? I tell you what, if he becomes a Seahawk, I'm gonna burn my Steve Largent autographs immediately.

Very clever.

Here's the reality - if you commit a felony you can't be a lawyer or a professional engineer. Regardless of how good you are at your trade and whether it was a one time mistake, that's the facts.

If you happen to bankroll a dogfighting operation that not only thrives on despicable acts intentionally created by the owners of the dogs but also tortures and kills the dogs brutally and uses abducted family pets are "warm up" for the fighting dogs, you may have ended any chance you have of playing in the NFL. If Vick didn't realize that, he shouldn't be let back in the NFL for having a negative IQ.

No one is "ending his life" or "giving him the chair", as you infer in a knee jerk reaction that is way out of line. There is a good chance he simply won't be allowed to be employed in the NFL again. Tough ****, I say, and go find another job and make your way in life as best you can, Michael.

And please stop the completely ignorant equation of hunting with dog fighting. Even you can't be that stupid to link those two activities.