[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Divisional Round Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Well was leaning on a larger 2-team 6.5 pt teaser until i seen Rattsass post liking the Chargers ML

if i don't hit the over 33 Philly / Giants i'll chase with it. other wise i will just watch the game riding Pitt +1

this board has really been quiet the last couple of weeks

well hit the over 33 and since i'm now playing with house money even though I don't like to go against Rattsass

i still did another small 6.5 pt. 2-team teaser

Here is your wager ticket:

Wager ID: 348

Wager Date: 1/11/2009 1:48:59 PM

Player: 008 Shea

Season: 2008 NFL Football

Bet Type: 6.5 point teaser (2 teams)

Wager Amt: $120.00/$100.00

Result: Pending

==================================================

Pick: -0.5 Pittsburgh Steelers (Pending)

Score: San Diego Chargers

Pittsburgh Steelers

01/11/2009 3:45 PM

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Pick: Under 44 (Pending)

Score: San Diego Chargers

Pittsburgh Steelers

01/11/2009 3:45 PM

well hit the over 33 and since i'm now playing with house money even though I don't like to go against Rattsass

Not really going against me. I threw in that small ML parlay just for the hell of it. Not like I am rock solid sure of it. Just thought it was a hell of a good play at 8-1.

Not really going against me. I threw in that small ML parlay just for the hell of it. Not like I am rock solid sure of it. Just thought it was a hell of a good play at 8-1.

8-1 is more than good !!

i hit the money line a several weeks back on Denver

the Jets were favored by 8 @ the the time i placed the bet and got $500.00 down on the money line @ 4.75

that was my bet weekend all season ,, look back i think i went like 9-2 including a couple of parlays.

not sure of exactly what my posted play record was that week but something like that.

also had a posted play on the money line @ 2.75 on the Saints the same week.

Won on BAL and lost on CAR Saturday.

Yesterday, decided to go with a couple of teasers:

6 Point Teaser (2 Teams)

Steelers(Pittsburgh) -0.5

SDC/PIT Over 31.5

6 Point Teaser (4 Teams)

Chargers(SanDiego) +12.5

SDC/PIT Over 31.5

Eagles(Philadelphia) +10

PHI/NYG Under 45

That Sproles TD worked out big-time for me, as I was able to hit the SDC/PIT teasers on both sides (both paired with the over). I wish I had had more time this past week to post... I felt pretty strongly the Over was the best play in the Pittsburgh game (and very sure of the 6-pt tease down to 31.5), but just didn't have much time to share my thoughts. In fact, I didn't even submit my wagers until right before kickoff of the early game yesterday, then added the 2nd teaser (including PIT to win) after the Eagles had pulled it out. I was extremely busy last week, but am on vacation for most of this week, so I've got more time to look at this stuff. :wacko:

So far this week, here is what I have noticed...

BAL/PIT line went from 5.5 down to 5 last night, then up to 6 this morning. Meanwhile, I saw the PHI/ARI o/u at 48, and decided to play another 6-pt teaser. As I submit it, the o/u goes down to 47, so I got:

PIT (straight up)

PHI/ARI Over 41

Might post/play more as the week goes on (and as my feelings sway in one direction or another), or I might just stick with that. Not sure, but here are my thoughts.

BAL/PIT - Baltimore was pretty fortunate to beat Tennessee this weekend. The Titans basically gave them the ball four times in Baltimore territory. At least one of those was a "bad bounce" on which the INT was really not Collins' fault. Another was Lendale White getting creamed inside the 10 and losing the football. Two thoughts... First, I think the Pittsburgh RB's will do a much better job of protecting the football. They know the Ravens well, and will be ready for their tactics. If I was worried about any PIT offensive players holding on to the football, it might be their WR's (not Ward, but Holmes/Washington). Secondly, if you noticed yesterday, the Steelers are being VERY cautious with Big Ben. Not a lot of pass plays period, and particularly not if they don't NEED to pass. I look for more of the same next Sunday. A lot of Parker/Moore/Russell, and if that doesn't work, a lot of Heath Miller and Hines Ward, with a few big throws downfield to Holmes/Washington. I just don't see the Steelers taking a lot of chances.

On the Baltimore side, their offense really hasn't done much in these playoffs. They've scored just enough to win, and when they have scored, it's been the defense (or at least the defense creating turnovers, putting them in a position to score). Their running game has been somewhat mediocre. The one guy who has made big plays for them has been Mason, and a couple of those were very strange plays in which the defenders basically fell down. I look for Mason to be heavily involved once again this Sunday, but in an effort to keep the game close. In other words, the Ravens could very well be the ones playing catch-up this week, and I think they will once again have trouble establishing the run.

Pittsburgh does just enough to win, but I see it being another close game... In fact, I'm thinking about once again going with the teaser in each direction, as I have a hard time seeing the Steelers winning by 12 or more. In fact, if I were to wager on the actual line (which I'm not at this point), I think I would lean towards the Ravens and the six points. PIT 17 BAL 13.

PHI/ARI - Not much to say on this one. The Eagles destroyed the Cardinals on Turkey Day, in a game that started two streaks... The Eagles caught fire, while the Cards started their slide that almost caused them to take a Broncos-like dive and miss the playoffs. But, I don't think you can read too much into that game. These are two completely different football teams, relying more on their defense to win games than their offense, particularly in the first two weeks of the playoffs. Both QB's appear to be extremely confident right now, and this game comes down to two things, in my opinion... Turnovers (or lack of) and which team can effectively run move the football. In the case of the Eagles, it's not so much running the football that will help them in this game as it is "moving" the football. Whether they do it through running plays, short passes, or a combination of both, isn't really that important. But, if they struggle to get first downs, it's going to be a long day for Philly fans. I just don't see them winning this game if they can't sustain some fairly long drives, keeping the ball away from Warner and Fitzgerald. This isn't going to be a 13-10 game, so the Eagles can't expect to win it with their defense alone. They're going to have to move the ball, get first downs, keep the clock moving, and eventually put the ball in the end zone. Obviously, scoring 48 points, they did an excellent job of that the first time, but this is a different Cardinals defense.

As for the Cardinals, they have ran the football better in their two playoff games than they did during the entire regular season. I don't expect James or Hightower to have a 100-yard rushing day against the Eagles. But, I do think that it's important that they establish the run enough to soften the PHI secondary so that their WR's can make some big plays. We saw in the first matchup that, if the Cardinals try to simply abandon the run, and throw the ball all day, the Eagles will make them pay for it. I think it's critical in this game that the Cardinals run the ball just enough to keep the Eagles honest. Secondly, the Cardinals need to make a big play or two on defense... put pressure on McNabb, force a fumble, or force him to make throws that he does not feel comfortable making. He showed in the Giants game that his ugly side can reveal itself when pressured (on the play that ended with a safety). McNabb five years ago, when pressured, would use his legs to get out of trouble. McNabb today, when pressured, usually is prone to making mistakes.

Haven't figured out who I actually like in this game, but I'm fairly confident both teams will get into the 20's (Over 41). :D

Good luck.

Gopher, i have to agree with a lot of what you said about the up coming Pitt / Balt game

My feeling is this is going to be a very low scoring affair ( assuming that no Def/ Special team points are scored )

the final score should be low, neither team getting in the end zone more than twice.

so i'm looking at score of

10- 9

17-13

16-10

17-16

20-10

maybe 20 - 17

that being said and the over under @ 33-1/2 right now , i believe that is the bet to take.

if playing a teaser you can get 40-1/2 & either Ravens + 13 or Stealer +1

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk