[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who needs a BCS win more....

Rockerbraves

Which football program needs to win a BCS game more in order to restore some credibility. Sooners or Buckeyes?

Ironically both Tressel and Stoops started their BCS records quite nicely. Tressel 3-0 and Stoops 2-0 both winning a BCS NC. Since that time Tressel's Buckeye teams have been mauled by Fla and LSU on the biggest stage in college football & Texas this season, while Stoops followup his only 2 BCS wins with an upset loss to LSU & a humiliating loss to USC in National Championship games followed by perhaps the biggest upset in BCS history Boise State then again the next season vs West Virginia.

At first glance I would think the tOSU football program needs a win more, but I think that could change if OK gets beat yet again on Thursday.

Tressel's Buckeyes (3-3) in BCS Bowls & (1-2) NC games:

2002: won Fiesta Bowl 31-24 (2OT) over Miami

2003: won Fiesta Bowl 35-28 over Kansas State

2005: won Fiesta Bowl 38-22 over Notre Dame

2006: lost BCS Nat. Champ. 41-14 against Florida

2007: lost BCS Nat. Champ. 38-24 against LSU

2008: lost Fiesta Bowl 24-21 against Texas

Stoop's Sooners (2-4) in BCS Bowls & (1-2) NC games:

2000: won Orange Bowl 13-2 over Florida State

2002: won Rose Bowl 34-14 over Washington State

2003: lost Sugar Bowl 21-14 against LSU

2004: lost Orange Bowl 55-19 against USC

2006: lost Fiesta Bowl 43-42 (OT) against Boise State

2007: lost Fiesta Bowl 48-28 against West Virginia

of the two i would still say OSU

while yesterday's game was fairly close they have been destroyed in others in games which they were ranked # 1 going i believe

I actually disagree. The last four years has OSU winning handily at the Fiesta vs ND (I know, whatever), then being beaten badly in the NC game twice before nearly upsetting Texas.

Compare that to OU. They also dropped two straight NC games and the second of which made either of OSU's look close. Then they follow that up by drawing what everyone thought was the easiest matchups in the BCS the last two years and losing both. The second by 20 pts.

That seems more embarrassing to me. Of course, like the good Sgt. says, it's not like they're going to stop getting recruits or anything but...

I think we really needed that game yesterday. Tressel will be feeling the heat here in Columbus, you can count on it. If we lose another big bowl game next season, he may be on his way out the door. We have been recruiting top 10 classes for 5 consecutive years now and failing miserably in the bowls. The talent is certainly there, I question the discipline, the play calling and the preparation.

I think we really needed that game yesterday. Tressel will be feeling the heat here in Columbus, you can count on it. If we lose another big bowl game next season, he may be on his way out the door. We have been recruiting top 10 classes for 5 consecutive years now and failing miserably in the bowls. The talent is certainly there, I question the discipline, the play calling and the preparation.

Buckeyes probably need a BCS win more due to the conference they play in. There really isn't a regular Big 10 matchup they can win that would earn them national respect while the Sooners at least have Texas (oh yeah they lost that one). :wacko:

Good points, both.