[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 5 Keeper RB's for next year

Capt. Stanky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stew will take a HUGE chunk of his carries next year. Wait..I don't think, I know.
At the beginning of the year they said Stewart and Williams likely would be splitting carries evenly. Yet Stewart had about 1/2 the stats as Williams. I admit that I didn't pay a lot of attention to Stewart sitting on my bench, favoring Peterson and Johnson as my two starting RBs so maybe statistics don't tell the whole story. But do you really think that's going to change a lot next year?

Just like he was gonna have a bigger year this year.

At the beginning of the year they said Stewart and Williams likely would be splitting carries evenly. Yet Stewart had about 1/2 the stats as Williams. I admit that I didn't pay a lot of attention to Stewart sitting on my bench, favoring Peterson and Johnson as my two starting RBs so maybe statistics don't tell the whole story. But do you really think that's going to change a lot next year?

Haters :wacko:

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2008/08/21/...87751219347031/

Specific contract terms were not released, but various reports said he would make $49.3 million.

I guess he signed. For how long?

8/21/2008: Signed a six-year, $44.805 million contract. The deal contains $20.5 million guaranteed, including an $11.395 million signing bonus. Another $4.495 million is available through incentives. He must average 1,200 yards rushing and 400 yards receiving over the first four years to void the final two seasons on his contract. 2008: $605,000 (- $393,016 in holdout fines), 2009: $5.5 million, 2010: $6.105 million, 2011: $7.2 million, 2012-2013: $7 million (Voidable Years), 2014: Free Agent

wait, what? :D

which half season are you referring to? the first 8 games, when he averaged 19.1 points per game, or the last 8 games, when he averaged 18.9 points? :wacko:

:D I was getting him confused with Felix Jones. My bad. Carry on. :D

My biggest problem with this keeper list is that everyone keeps chasing S-Jax like its 2006. Give it up already.

+1

Ok, I get it. He's a feature RB who racks up tons of touches. Well, he's constantly dinged up, the Rams offense is in shambles, and his OL is never healthy and/or just not very good.

...Forte hasn't earned that kind of ranking either IMO. ...

As a Forte owner even I tentatively agree with this.

Before the draft in my main, I kind of didn't really want him. He was really the only guy left after a few others were gone (missed on the other 2 I had ranked ahead of him... C.Johnson and DWill). Not many, if any, people had Forte pegged for the year he had. I didn't like his OL, his QB, or his receivers. Obviously that helped Forte because he became the focal point of the offense. But this year not much looks like it will change pending CHI's draft. Maybe his OL improves but it looks like a recipe for a real sophmore slump.

McFadden in top 5?

What about Bush's microfratcure surgery?

If Bush were bigger and his knee had to support more weight and more interior running, I wouldn't even put him in the top 20, but the fact that he does most of his work on the perimeter leads me to believe that he'll be okay. He may start slow, but in that offense, he'll be just fine.

Yes, McFadden in the top 5. His yards per touch were up there, and he has one of the better run blocking O-Lines in the league. If we can just keep his damn toes healthy......

As a Forte owner even I tentatively agree with this.

Before the draft in my main, I kind of didn't really want him. He was really the only guy left after a few others were gone (missed on the other 2 I had ranked ahead of him... C.Johnson and DWill). Not many, if any, people had Forte pegged for the year he had. I didn't like his OL, his QB, or his receivers. Obviously that helped Forte because he became the focal point of the offense. But this year not much looks like it will change pending CHI's draft. Maybe his OL improves but it looks like a recipe for a real sophmore slump.

I am not sold on Forte's talent. I don't think he shows game-breaking type ability, but I am completely sold on his role. He is going to get hundreds of touches and plenty of touchdowns. He may not have the talent to be a preseason top 5, but barring inury, he is about as safe to predict a top 10 season as anyone out there.

I agree. He hasnt shown any signs of wearing down, and until then, IMO, he is top 5.

Westbrook .... hmmmmm ..... seems like there was a lot of news this year ...couple examples:

Brian Westbrook, PHI - Ankle Strain - Westbrook got some limited work in Wednesday and he'll continue to rehab his ankle in the hopes of playing Sunday. This is shaping up to be another game-time decision.

Brian Westbrook, PHI - Fractured Ribs - Westbrook continues to rest and rehab this week and the Eagles expect him to return to practice and play following their bye this week.

And his scores have been up and down .... at least in my league -

23.20 34.30 1.20 0.00 20.40 0.00 bye 38.90 15.60 8.90 10.10 5.90 40.00 38.30 9.70 17.60 8.90

Yes, HUGE weeks, and a super-stud when he is on fire (ended up #5 in total points in my league scoring system - includes PPR), but then again, he is sporadic and looks like he is bearing the burden of being "the offense" for the team. I would rather have a consisten 18-20 than going from 8 to 40 in any given week. Am I missing something? :wacko:

If Bush were bigger and his knee had to support more weight and more interior running, I wouldn't even put him in the top 20, but the fact that he does most of his work on the perimeter leads me to believe that he'll be okay. He may start slow, but in that offense, he'll be just fine.

Yes, McFadden in the top 5. His yards per touch were up there, and he has one of the better run blocking O-Lines in the league. If we can just keep his damn toes healthy......

Wait a damned minute. Are you a Raider homer???? What is with the WE chit? I thought you to be a SeaChicken fan. I think you are as much a McJoke fan as I am a Stew fan.

Westbrook .... hmmmmm ..... seems like there was a lot of news this year ...couple examples:

Brian Westbrook, PHI - Ankle Strain - Westbrook got some limited work in Wednesday and he'll continue to rehab his ankle in the hopes of playing Sunday. This is shaping up to be another game-time decision.

Brian Westbrook, PHI - Fractured Ribs - Westbrook continues to rest and rehab this week and the Eagles expect him to return to practice and play following their bye this week.

And his scores have been up and down .... at least in my league -

23.20 34.30 1.20 0.00 20.40 0.00 bye 38.90 15.60 8.90 10.10 5.90 40.00 38.30 9.70 17.60 8.90

Yes, HUGE weeks, and a super-stud when he is on fire (ended up #5 in total points in my league scoring system - includes PPR), but then again, he is sporadic and looks like he is bearing the burden of being "the offense" for the team. I would rather have a consisten 18-20 than going from 8 to 40 in any given week. Am I missing something? :D

As a longtime Westy owner.....it's always been this way. It's either lights out and 35 points......or barely 7.....or zero. There are some "tells" when deciding to play Westbrook. If he's listed as Questionable.......play him.......LOL. And oddly enough.....if he's going against a weaker D.....don't play him. Problem mostly with owning Westbrook is Andy Reid's propensity to totally abandon the running game if it doesn't score right away, or Donovan can throw all day and pad some stats. :D

Less than 20 rushing attempts in a game is usually disasterous for him (with a few exceptions)...and sadly happens a lot in Reid's gameplan. This usually means he let McNabb throw at least 45 times in the game. :wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

If I had to make a top 5 right now it would be:

1. MJD

2. AP

3. Forte

4. Gore

5. S-Jax

I feel the other candidates have more question marks surrounding them than the guys I've listed. It has more to do with possible committee's, and in Turner's case his workload from this year coupled with his lack of receiving ability. As I've stated before, Westbrook's questionable tag week to week and age means he will be drafted before I'd be willing to take him, therefore he's not on my radar. Slaton, while great this year, wasn't very successful in short yardage situations. There's already rumblings about them drafting a power back in the mid-rounds to help with Slaton's workload. I'll admit that I'm a bit biased towards MJD, Forte and S-Jax since they are on my dynasty team.

Ok I'll play. I've seen some pretty whacky top 5's so far and I really wish I was in some of your leagues.

1. AP -- without a doubt. It's not even close. Fumble issues will continue to dog him unless he makes a Tiki Barber type turn-around.

2. Clinton Portis -- A second year in Jim Zorns offense should allow Portis to post some ridiculous numbers next year.

3. Marrion Barber -- I don't see him on anybody's list. The guy is a TD machine on a high octane offense. Cmon people

4. Michael Turner -- The "Burner" showed everybody what we have all been saying for 2 years. Turner is an elite back in the making.

5. MJD/Westbrook/Matt Forte -- I have these 3 dead even but MJD gets the nod if Fragile Freddie exits. Forte is gonna be a great RB on a team that will always be a run first offense and playing in cold weather certainly helps him during FF crunch time. When you draft Westbrook, you know what you are in for and that reason alone pushes him down on my list.

Honorable Mention: Jonathon Stewart -- cause I can.

Edited by tazinib1

One other thing I wanted to mention is that while AP is in a league of his own talent wise, he's just not a great fantasy back, especially in PPR format. If he doesn't get in the endzone you're left with 100yds and like 2 rec. I'm infatuated with MJD. I personally think we're looking at a more durable Brian Westbrook. If Jacksonville feels he can handle a full load I don't see any reason why he can't be the top fantasy back in all the land, IMHO.

Edited by Capt. Stanky