[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens@Titans

tazinib1

Tennessee wins that game 9 out of 10 times.

Well, they didn't play the other 9 so you may be right but it'd be quite an effort for Tennessee to win those 9 straight now that Baltimore has won their 1. :wacko:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Tennessee controlled TOP and almost had twice the total yardage.

I'm trying to think of a really demeaning, dismissive-yet-clever way of saying "try reading my post again", but I'm sorta coming up empty.

will, "try reading my post again, dickwad" suffice for now?

I said the better team lost.

Edited by Azazello1313

I buy that argument when the play has a bit of ambiguity to it. But that wasn't a questionable call.

If the Titans had taken care of business, it would have been completely ambiguous! :wacko:

You can't say "if" when the "whole" game has to be evaluated. So, because the Titans Fed up their chances at winning a game, we have to be MORE worried about calling the play in their favor than if they were up by 14 like they should have been? I don't get it!

I agree, it was not called when it should have been. I have been screaming at the TV all year watching this crap. I have been "relieved" and pissed off both just in Charger games alone. Dealing with that in real time is very hard to do. The benefit of slow-mo is truly one of the clearest cases of how hard this call is to make when it is so close.

I don't see The League changing it to being reviewable. It would stop a lot of games. It happens all of the time. Unless there was a ref in the box that was responsible for this call and this call alone, it will be very hard to leave it to the field crew.

I would add that there are head's up technologies that an extra official could use, from the box that would put the snap clock directly over the ball on a screen. This would make it very easy to tell. The question is going to be, is it worth the cost and just how "perfect" are they going to try to be. How about reviewing pass interference?

In the Charger Steeler game, there was a play challenged where the Steelers thought they had intercepted the ball. The ruling was that he had not. But, when you look at that play, the defender CLEARLY made contact with Vjax, with his back to the QB and not looking at the ball, well before it got there! Mind you, I am not bitchin' about the lack of a call and don't think it would have changed the outcome, I am just saying that a similar play in a close game, being able to challenge this would make sense too, no? Then we get into other penalties, like the face mask that is not called, the offensive holding that is overlooked away from the play... and you enter a real slippery slope of slowing the games down by being able to challenge almost every play.