[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know it's sacreligous but SPIT is superior to Smackbowl

Puddy

It is a nice change of pace but there's nothing broke about the Smackbowl so no need to fix it.

SPIT is just a fun addition and entirely different. Plus the winner of the Smackbowl is often someone who is a fan of the team that won the superbowl so they get a nice reminder of when their team won.

New lineup every week. Strategy is apparent. Great idea on this contest DMD. Dare I say the tube socks should switch over to this one. :wacko:

I agree. And not just because I am winning!!

Nothing against Smackbowl, I like that also....but the only strategy in that is to pick two teams you think will go to the SB and take all their players.

:wacko: I sit in 8th place...anyone wanna know my strategy? How about forget to submit a lineup and get damn lucky. I forgot until a little before the last game last night and plugged in a bunch of Steelers and Chargers. This seemed to work as well as it did because their wasn't a lot of scoring this weekend and I had already used a bunch of Cards players as others had too I'm sure. Parker and Rivers really helped.

Edited by Hat Trick

I agree. And not just because I am winning!!

Nothing against Smackbowl, I like that also....but the only strategy in that is to pick two teams you think will go to the SB and take all their players.

:D I have a fantastic set of players to choose from. I want tube socks, though. :wacko:

I guess if one can't accept choosing the wrong teams and players every year then one would like something besides the Smackbowl. :wacko:

For me though, the Smackbowl is the bee's knees. And one of these years I am going to shock everyone, including myself, and finish with the tube socks.

Other contests pale in comparison.

Very fun game for sure.

I screwed up and used both NFC kickers already, so now I'm stuck in a spot where I have to pick the AFC loser this week or I'm kicker-less in the final.

+1. Used Stover and Akers already so if Philly and Baltimore make it, I'm hosed.

FWIW, I think I will be w/o a SB QB if I pick the wrong one this week, since I have used McNabb and Warner already. Also wasted S Smith, R Wayne, C Chambers, P Manning, P Rivers by not playing them and they lost. A lot of strategy for sure. It is really a fun game. Plus I like that the SPIT is open to everyone.

+1. Used Stover and Akers already so if Philly and Baltimore make it, I'm hosed.

I'll have Flacco and Big Ben left to choose from so I will still need to know who is going to win this weekend. There's been way too many upsets in the playoffs already so lots of players have stayed on the board.

Yes it's a great game.

Edited, I could've saved a few key strokes when I saw Zia's post. Looks like he's in the same boat.

Edited by MikesVikes

I see nothing wrong with 2 different challenges.

As for the Smack Bowl being easy because all you have to do is pick the SB participants I don't see it. If that was true wouldn't there be a 20 person tie for first place? There are a lot of variables in it.

I haven't used any Steelers or Ravens except for their defense and Derrick Mason. So, I think I'm going to hedge my bets and pick all NFC players this weekend, with the exception of the Steelers D and Hines Ward probably....this way I'll be sure to have a player for every position in the superbowl in the AFC regardless of who wins Ravens/Steelers......except of course if the Ravens win, then I'll be without a defense unless the Cards win.

This tourney is certainly my favorite. But Smackbowl will always be a twinkle in my eye...except for this year !

I haven't used any Steelers or Ravens except for their defense and Derrick Mason. So, I think I'm going to hedge my bets and pick all NFC players this weekend, with the exception of the Steelers D and Hines Ward probably....this way I'll be sure to have a player for every position in the superbowl in the AFC regardless of who wins Ravens/Steelers......except of course if the Ravens win, then I'll be without a defense unless the Cards win.

This tourney is certainly my favorite. But Smackbowl will always be a twinkle in my eye...except for this year !

:wacko:

Not what I wanted to hear from the 2nd place team.

i think the only position i will be hosed at is if Pitt wins then I wont have a QB to start ...I have McNabb and Flacco left but I think McNabb this week is worth more than Flacco this week and McNabb in the SB(if they get there)...I will still be able to start 2RBs no matter who makes it...I still have good options at WR but they dont look near as good if Zona makes the SB...will have Heap/Miller/Celek to use in the SB(using LJ Smith today)...will be able to trot out Stover or Reed at K(using Akers today) and at D I will still have the Cards/Eagles to pick from in the SB (playing Ravens today)