[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens @ Steelers

Game will be in the 20's with a 30% chance of snow as of Mondays forecast.

Line is Pitt -5

The game unnerves me some and here is why... :D

Beating a average team let alone an damn good divisional rival is hard to do 3 times...just ask the Cowboys from last year.

Lewis, Reed, Suggs all feel like they should have won last game if not for the refs (every little bit of extra motivation helps).

8 days rest, little travel, divisional game, less field time more rest time because of intimate knowledge of each other all make up for being tired.

They both know cold and snow

They have nothing to lose being the underdog

The media will find some rookie to make a stupid remark about Lewis being a punk and Reed being over rated

They have split the the series since 2003 except for 2006 where the swept us.

Roethlisberger just had a good game and finding back to back good games has been few and far between lately

#2 D

Steelers O line has shown to be susceptible to good d's

Steelers have lost last two championship games at home as of late

Pluses are

#1 D

We are at home

Parker looks to be in form

Momentum for o from SD game

Ravens may be more tired then Steelers especially after a tough game

Ravens have more injuries to key players then Steelers

Lewis will feed the media and fill the locker room with newspaper clippings

One of Lewis's quotes will be something along the line of them being the number 1 D and Reed being the true defensive player of the year

History, mystic and experience

The terrible towel

Steely McBean? :D

No matter how I look at it this game is up in the air and I think there is only one thing that matters in the end.

Who turns over the ball the most! Roethlisburger or Flacco

Should be a great game that goes down to the wire and looking forward to it! :D:wacko::D

Hopefully the refs stay out of the game and let the players decide, that call in tenn was horrible :D !

I think either team that wins is the super bowl favorite.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either team that wins is the super bowl favorite.

Not sure the Ravens would be favored over the Eagles :wacko:

Other than that, I think you hit the major points. Will be interesting to see what an average Steeler offense can do against a punishing Ravens defense than knows the Steeler tendencies.

More, I think the Ravens can have success throwing the ball if the weather permits, and Flacco can remain poised.

I like the chance of an upset here....Ravens 23, Steelers 16.

There's not been a bigger game between these two teams.

Hopefully the refs stay out of the game and let the players decide, that call in tenn was horrible :wacko: !

Agreed. It seems like there have been several close plays and questionnable calls this season. The Ravens had some calls go against them in TEN and vice versa, but I do think it evens out in the end. PFT wrote up the call in TEN where the Ravens were not appropriately given their safety.

looking forward to it, to say the least. part of me says the ravens just beat the best team in the league, they can probably do the same to pitt. and as well as b'more is playing, that might carry me through to predicting they will win, except for the fact that roethlisberger really looked good yesterday. it surprised me a bit how good he was. and WP looked pretty decent as well. throw in the home field and I think the game probably leans pittsburgh's way. easier for me to see the pitt offense eeking out the few scores they need vs. balt's D than vice versa. if baltimore wins, it will be because of at least one score on D and/or an exceptional performance by flacco. or a really bad game by big ben. :wacko:

Not sure the Ravens would be favored over the Eagles :wacko:

Other than that, I think you hit the major points. Will be interesting to see what an average Steeler offense can do against a punishing Ravens defense than knows the Steeler tendencies.

More, I think the Ravens can have success throwing the ball if the weather permits, and Flacco can remain poised.

I like the chance of an upset here....Ravens 23, Steelers 16.

You should be unsure of this :D

Sounds like Suggs will not be 100% unfortunate for them good for Steelers.

At least 3 DEF starters from last week are injured and not definitely playing. T Suggs (shoulder), Rolle (groin) and Leonard (concusion) all sustained injuries. Not good at all for the Ravens.

At least 3 DEF starters from last week are injured and not definitely playing. T Suggs (shoulder), Rolle (groin) and Leonard (concusion) all sustained injuries. Not good at all for the Ravens.

I never wish for injuries had a career ending one when I played rugby and on the practice before a national title game too. That sucks but could be seriously damaging if they side lined that is 27% of their d.

I have always had a connection to the Steelers, but think I am now enough of a Charger homer to not be blinded.

I don’t see much of a chance that the Ravens win this game. They are dinged and are coming off of a very physical game where they got their butts kicked in every aspect of that game except for turnovers. I don’t think the Steelers will turn the ball over as much, though Big Ben still may throw a duck or two, but the Steelers D should get a few of their own. They won that game with smoke and mirrors and a very fortunate non-call at the end of the game. The Ravens did not “win” that game against the Titans, the Titans lost it (see “choke”). They will need some good fortune (Lady Luck) to go their way to pull this one out.

The Steelers did not come off a physical game, and (unfortunately for a Charger fan) almost had a “stay warm” game. The game unfolded in their favor, had some fortunate bounces and pretty much they were able to coast to a win in the second half against a game, yet relatively soft opponent (the Chargers need to get their “nasty” back, but that is for a different thread).

Flacco is going to have trouble against a healthy Pitt D, in Pitt. The Ravens do not have near the offense that the Chargers have, and a more playoff tested roster by the Steelers is going to be a huge advantage against the Ravens. The Ravens do have some guys that have been there, but overall, the Steelers are, I feel better prepared mentally for this game. The Ravens do run the ball more effectively that the Chargers, but I don’t see them being able to establish a ground game that will hamper the Steelers defensive efforts.

Once again, the real success of the Steelers in this game will be measured by the preformannce of their O-line. If they are able to hold up any where near as well as they did against the Chargers, then this game should be a walk away. I don’t think that will happen against a much more physical and better D-line and defense as a whole. The Steelers will have their troubles moving the ball and this should be a defensive battle (Oh yeah, my favorite kind of football :wacko::D ). In these types of games, it is a couple of plays that you can point to and say, those were the ones that turned it, and they really stand out. Against the Chargers, it was a couple of Special Teams plays and three third and long conversions that decided the game for the Steelers.

In a defensive battle, which defense is gonna win? The better one by logic. The better defense belongs to the Steelers, as does home field and more playoff experience.

Steelers 16 – Ravens 10 :D

What should be the most concerning thing for Ravens fans is the fact that:

A - Chris Johnson was racking up yards against their defense last week until he left with an injury.

B - Willie Parker was in top form last week against San Diego.

Steelers 24

Ravens 9

Edited by MTSuper7

I get a little bit nervous anytime the Steelers are playing the Ravens, as they have been our biggest rival for quite some time now. We don't like them, and they don't like us. With this one being for a trip to the Super Bowl, my heart will be pounding by kickoff. Despite the strong dislike, I think both teams and fans do respect the opposition, and realize this could go either way. I'm hoping for the best, but, I know this is going to be an absolute brawl on Sunday. Hopefully, the good guys will come out on top. :wacko: Either way, I can't wait for Sunday !!!!!

I get a little bit nervous anytime the Steelers are playing the Ravens, as they have been our biggest rival for quite some time now. We don't like them, and they don't like us. With this one being for a trip to the Super Bowl, my heart will be pounding by kickoff. Despite the strong dislike, I think both teams and fans do respect the opposition, and realize this could go either way. I'm hoping for the best, but, I know this is going to be an absolute brawl on Sunday. Hopefully, the good guys will come out on top. :wacko: Either way, I can't wait for Sunday !!!!!

No need to worry. This is the game Flacco realizes he's a rookie. Pitt D will come up HUGH sunday. It's in the bag.

I get a little bit nervous anytime the Steelers are playing the Ravens, as they have been our biggest rival for quite some time now. We don't like them, and they don't like us. With this one being for a trip to the Super Bowl, my heart will be pounding by kickoff. Despite the strong dislike, I think both teams and fans do respect the opposition, and realize this could go either way. I'm hoping for the best, but, I know this is going to be an absolute brawl on Sunday. Hopefully, the good guys will come out on top. :D Either way, I can't wait for Sunday !!!!!

There are good guys playing in this game? :D

The Ravens try to pile drive opposing players head first into the turf and the Steelers hit everyone who isn't looking.

:wacko:

Sounds like a bar fight to me.

This game scares the hell out of me. I was not upset in the slightest when the Steelers lost to the Titans for home field advantage. Why? Because I knew if the Ravens won their wildcard game, they'd have to go to Tenn., not Pitt. And count me as one of the people who did not want to face this team. But no escaping it now, and for a trip to the big dance no less.

The local paper here in FL had the line at Pitt -6 today. I don't see it. If I were a betting man I would take the Ravens as every game seems to be decided by 3 points. I don't see anything different here. I give a slight edge to the Steelers because they're at home and the Ravens have a few banged up players on D. Steelers 16-13.......I hope :wacko:

.....and the Ravens have a few banged up players on D.

The situation is not improving and Suggs and Rolle look like they may not play. I think that the Ravens can plug in others to cover for the Suggs void, but not having Rolle may be to much as the CB area is already bleak. Injuries to CMac and Landry earlier in the year have already depleated the secondary and Frank Walker is disappointing. I think that the two rookies, Nakamura and Zbkowski (sp?) are going to have to step up big, but as it is, Big Ben has had his way with key late game winning drives in both previous games. I really think it comes down to how well PIT's O-line protect #7.

"The Ravens would like to get some snaps for rookie running back Ray Rice despite the rust factor caused by missing four games with a shin contusion. "We haven’t seen him in a while because he hasn’t been healthy," Cameron said. "But we think he’s an outstanding football player. He’s smart. He’s tough. Little more quickness in some areas than some guys. We’re going to need him in this game. There’s no doubt about it. He ‘s probably the healthiest guy we have." :wacko:

I want to see how Ray Rice looks. Haven't seen him play at all.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles...ports011609.txt

"The Ravens would like to get some snaps for rookie running back Ray Rice despite the rust factor caused by missing four games with a shin contusion. "We haven’t seen him in a while because he hasn’t been healthy," Cameron said. "But we think he’s an outstanding football player. He’s smart. He’s tough. Little more quickness in some areas than some guys. We’re going to need him in this game. There’s no doubt about it. He ‘s probably the healthiest guy we have." :wacko:

I want to see how Ray Rice looks. Haven't seen him play at all.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles...ports011609.txt

Great now who do I start in SPIT.

Leonhard has been huge for the Ravens down the stretch. He's really been a playmaker for them during the playoffs thus far. I hope the Ravens can field a complete defense.

Despite my crush on Hines Ward, I'm pulling for the Ravens in this one.

I'll be rooting for the Ravens, but man, how I wish this matchup was Pitt at Tennessee. I think PItt wins this one fairly easily.

After the towel stomping, I was actually looking forward to playing Tenn as well. The Ravens are the one team I did not want to face. I hope you're right about Pitt winning fairly easily, but I don't think so. Every game against the Ravens is an all out brawl.

If the Steelers make it to the SB, I'm hoping they face the Eagles. I would normally root for a team like the Cards as I usualy root for teams that have never been there before. Like your Seahawks. I would have rooted for them had they not played the Steelers back in 2006. Same thing goes for Arizona. Now I did root for Philly when they played the Pats in the SB as they never won one.

Can't stand the Ravens, but I have to admit much to the dislike of my fellow Steeler fans that I like this kid Flacco. And I like the coach. I think one of the main reasons I hated them was Brian Billick. Couldn't stand the dude. I'm sure as a Steeler fan that I'll learn to dislike Flacco and Harbaugh as well.