[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens @ Steelers

Congrats to the Ravens fans on a great year. I haven't believed in the Steelers all year, but, they proved me wrong. Hopefully, they can get it done in Tampa.

It's good to see Sarge proving what we all know once again. One and done huh ? oops

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea sure.

:D

:wacko:

Not sure why you guys have a problem with me saying this ? :D

I didn't pick them in my NFL picks in the pre-season. I didn't pick them in my playoff predictions. I didn't choose them in the Smackbowl. I didn't think they would make it to the Super Bowl. I am extremely happy to be incorrect.

Not sure why you guys have a problem with me saying this ? :D

I didn't pick them in my NFL picks in the pre-season. I didn't pick them in my playoff predictions. I didn't choose them in the Smackbowl. I didn't think they would make it to the Super Bowl. I am extremely happy to be incorrect.

Mind you. This is the FIRST TIME Bushwakko and I have EVER agreed on ANYTHING! :wacko:

Your attitude this season toward the Steeler has been like the hot chick saying she's ugly. Fishing for compliments is unbecoming (but at least I'd "do" the hot chick to make her feel better about herself).

told ya everyone disagreed with me in the heat of the moment but when ya cool down and really look sometimes it happens and u cant help it and if uve ever played the game u know that. glad willis is good.

I have no leaning towards the Ravens or Steelers and I've watched it a few times as well. I don't think it was intentional or dirty, but I do think he came in with his helmet first, not his shoulder. Making no argument on fine/no fine, just saying that it still looks to me that his helmet came in first.

Mind you. This is the FIRST TIME Bushwakko and I have EVER agreed on ANYTHING! :wacko:

Your attitude this season toward the Steeler has been like the hot chick saying she's ugly. Fishing for compliments is unbecoming (but at least I'd "do" the hot chick to make her feel better about herself).

Sure, that has to be it. There is no way that I simply could have been pleasantly surprised by these results. :D

Not sure why you guys have a problem with me saying this ? :wacko:

:D Verified that Menudo did not pick the Steelers there.

Congrats to the Ravens fans on a great year. I haven't believed in the Steelers all year, but, they proved me wrong. Hopefully, they can get it done in Tampa.

Yes I read a lot of your comments dissing the o line, but they played well yesterday.

Yes I read a lot of your comments dissing the o line, but they played well yesterday.

They have played very well during the playoffs. It is amazing that they have gotten it together when it mattered most.

They have played very well during the playoffs. It is amazing that they have gotten it together when it mattered most.

Sort of like the Colts D when they won it all.

Brutal to watch.

I hope Zona blows out the winner of this game. No way this team is worthy of a Championship.

I don't usually pay attention to this moran, so I'm not sure of what he speaks. But if he's complaining that the 2 offenses in this game did not perform particularly well when one was going against the league's #1 D and the other against the league's #2 D, than he's an even bigger moran than I had thought.

I have to admit that I did not think the Steelers would even be in the playoffs, let alone a SB birth. After seeing their brutal schedule and the way the O-line looked, i figured they'd be 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Like Menudo, I'm very pleased that I was wrong.

I don't usually pay attention to this moran, so I'm not sure of what he speaks. But if he's complaining that the 2 offenses in this game did not perform particularly well when one was going against the league's #1 D and the other against the league's #2 D, than he's an even bigger moran than I had thought.

He's used to watching his college team score 60+ points on defenseless teams, Squeegie. A good old fashioned defensive struggle is not his idea of good football. We as Steeler fans have seen these types of games more than we can count. How's the saying go..."defense wins championships". I think Florida had a pretty good D also. Case closed.

I have to admit that I did not think the Steelers would even be in the playoffs, let alone a SB birth. After seeing their brutal schedule and the way the O-line looked, i figured they'd be 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Like Menudo, I'm very pleased that I was wrong.

I will say that it certainly does not help a weak O line when your QB doesn't seem to understand that he is allowed to begin a play before the play clock is down to 1.

I will say that it certainly does not help a weak O line when your QB doesn't seem to understand that he is allowed to begin a play before the play clock is down to 1.

I posted this in the Charger/Steeler thread, but it was poo-pooed away. I still think there is a lot of validity to it. Yeah, he played well the previous year, blah, blah, blah. :D

He has been taking a pounding ever since his accident and there has been talk since then that he tends to hold onto the ball too long.

The guy I got the below info from was rootin' for the Steelers in that game and was razzin' me pretty good while I'm trying to relax. It was funny, but he clearly had no ill will to the Steelers OR Big Ben.

I know that this will sound kind of homer or hackish. I have absolutely NO link and cannot prove the following information, so take what I am about to post here for what its worth and choose to believe it or not. I swear to God that this is the truth as it was conveyed to me.

I will admit, i was surprised as hell when I heard this myself.

As some of you know, I had an injury to my back last year just before Christmas (I had surgery the Friday before Christmas). I no longer live in San Diego and am stationed in the DC area. I was very lucky to get hooked up with The Virginia Spine Institute. This team of doctors is one of the best anywhere and they do all the spine/neck work for the Redskins, Ravens and other are pro teams as well as the more difficult cases by other pro team on the East Coast and around the world for that matter).

Now, the rehab/therapy staff for a pro team is responsible for the athletes rehab, but the Redskins' staff and the Spine Institutes' staff work closely together. I drew the good luck of getting the head therapist for the staff for my rehab. There is always a lot of talk about sports in general and football in particular during my rehab sessions and a few pro athletes working on their "issues" every now and then. Kind of cool actually.

Well, enough of the background. I was in for therapy today, and my therapist and I were talking about this coming weekends' games. He knows I am a Charger fan and we were talking about that game in particular. As fate would have it, Rich (my therapist) looks up and sees a guy walking in who is on the training staff for the Skins. He comes over to the table and starts talkin' with Rich who "introduces" me. This guy (I forget his name, I was being "manipulated" when Rich said it) was recently on the Steelers' training staff before his current gig. We started talking about the Charger/Steeler game and the topic of Big Ben's concussion came up.

This guy claims that it should be considered a MAJOR concern. Apparently, Ben has not been "right" since his motorcycle accident. He seems to be a little mentally slower in general and does not recognize, learn or grasp things as fast as he used to. We all know about the helmet communications and how they have up until a certain time to communicate with the QB before shutting it off. As this guy stated, the Steelers use every second possible to be in his ear, helping him with initial reads and adjustments. He says he is not at all surprised at the tendency for Ben to throw the picks he has been recently and also attributes his "slower thinking process" to him holding the ball too long, not making reads fast enough and taking a lot of hit/sacks.

I tried to pull the guy's chain buy saying he was sour grapes 'cause he was no longer with the Steelers, but he said he left on good terms to take a better paying position with more responsibility with the Skins. My therapist confirmed this.

How much this plays into the game tomorrow is anyone's guess, and it may not. But, it is very interesting and also very well could effect how well he plays if the Chargers can get some heat on him like they did in the first game. At the very least, it answers a lot of questions... if you believe it.

I still believe there is something to this. :wacko: It looked like he took a long time to get the snap off and held onto it a long time as well.

I don't think it's the accident. I think it is his ego - he thinks that he can make miracles happen on every play so he holds onto the ball forever. He thinks he can be Peyton Manning so he gets under center and changes plays based on his read of the D (usually change to a run play that gets minimal yards).

What hurts Ben so much is also what makes Ben so special. Sometimes it is so frustrating to watch him hold on to the ball for what seems like minutes. Then at other times it is the fact that he holds on to the ball and makes something out of nothing that makes him special.

The TD to Holmes yesterday was an example of him making crap into something special.

It is hard to have your cake and eat it to and what makes him make some great plays also makes him look pretty bad at times.

I really don't think that his accident has anything to do with what he is doing now.