[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Second interview for Schwartz

Chief

Did you think Detroit was going to get a better hire? I mean it IS an NFL head coaching job, but it doesn't really compare to some of the Denver / Jets positions that are available. Schwartz seems to have a good background and I'm at least optimistic at this point. Cowher / Dungy types don't come out of retirement to take a position at a place like Detroit so I see no reason to be down right now. We'll have to see what kind of a staff he can put together.

That's not the point.

Take a look at the Lions head coaches over the last 4 or 5 decades and tell me what they have done after they left the Lions.

:wacko:

That's not the point.

Take a look at the Lions head coaches over the last 4 or 5 decades and tell me what they have done after they left the Lions.

:wacko:

You're right. We should close the place down. I heard Atlanta was great before this last year. The Browns/St Louis/49ers/Raiders/Chiefs etc have all been places where recent coaches have done exceptionally well. Detroit is obviously in a unique situation and fans should be depressed about getting a coach with 16 years NFL coaching experience and was the defensive coordinator (you've seen how bad the D is right?) for one of the best defenses in the league. Look, you may be right but if you are a lions fan this is the time of all times to be optimistic. There is (what looks to be) a solid coach taking over the head spot, they have a new GM, a new VP, and a boat load of draft picks. As far as the last ~4 years have gone, I don't see why this isn't a high point for optimism.