[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Ratterree, Huddle Blogging on the Philly/Arizona NFC Championship

TDFFFreak

Props to you for picking the Cardinals to win the game this weekend, but you really hedge your bets. It is a big "IF" in terms of the Arizona O line keeping Warner protected and even you seem very unsure if they can hold the Eagles at bay. This appears to be a pick 'em in your opinion.

I am not as confident as many other Eagles fans and experts that the Birds win this game easily, but I do think that the Philly offense appears slightly underrated. In comparison to the Cardinals passing attack, the Eagles are a pretty clear #2, but the way Reid and McNabb spead the ball around along with the Eagles' ability to run, it tells me that with even with a sub-par performance by the Eagles defense (meaning good, not great), the Birds can still win the game. The defense is absolutely a huge key to this game, but not everything. I think there is far more pressure on the Cardinals defense to maintain their high number of takeaways. Just IMHO.

Props to you for picking the Cardinals to win the game this weekend, but you really hedge your bets. It is a big "IF" in terms of the Arizona O line keeping Warner protected and even you seem very unsure if they can hold the Eagles at bay. This appears to be a pick 'em in your opinion.

I am not as confident as many other Eagles fans and experts that the Birds win this game easily, but I do think that the Philly offense appears slightly underrated. In comparison to the Cardinals passing attack, the Eagles are a pretty clear #2, but the way Reid and McNabb spead the ball around along with the Eagles' ability to run, it tells me that with even with a sub-par performance by the Eagles defense (meaning good, not great), the Birds can still win the game. The defense is absolutely a huge key to this game, but not everything. I think there is far more pressure on the Cardinals defense to maintain their high number of takeaways. Just IMHO.

Pretty safe call - Eagles or Cardinals should win!

Pretty safe call - Eagles or Cardinals should win!

Unlike the professional prognosticators at least we take a stand. :wacko:

For the record I'm going with the Eagles and Ravens in the SB.

Edited by Randall

I really don't consider it "hedging" to say that the key to the game will be the Cards ability to protect Warner. Obviously if the blitz gets to Warner all day it is game over for the Cards. Bottom line is though, I don't think that will happen, and the Cardinals will prevail.

Interesting note here. I found out some stats today that are noteworthy for those of you that are laying coin on this game. The Cardinals find themselves in an 80% win betting situation. The Eagles won outright on the road last week as an underdog. Teams in that scenario fail to cover the spread 80% of the time when they go on the road as a favorite the following week. This trends extends for several years back. Also of note is that of the last 12 championship games played the spread has only come into play one time. So basically, whichever team wins these games covers the spread. Put those two facts together, along with the thoughts I already expressed in the blog, I think you can see the direction of my next sports investment.

I see a Cardinals - Steelers SB with the whole Whisenhunt vs. his old team theme being a big storyline. I can't think of a more interesting matchup. The Cardinals (For years they were THE poster child for futility in the NFL) vs. the Steelers (historically one of the most successful franchises in NFL history).

I really hope the Ravens don't make it. They turn every game into ugly and boring. The over/under for the AFC Championship should be 23 points.

I really don't consider it "hedging" to say that the key to the game will be the Cards ability to protect Warner. Obviously if the blitz gets to Warner all day it is game over for the Cards. Bottom line is though, I don't think that will happen, and the Cardinals will prevail.

Interesting note here. I found out some stats today that are noteworthy for those of you that are laying coin on this game. The Cardinals find themselves in an 80% win betting situation. The Eagles won outright on the road last week as an underdog. Teams in that scenario fail to cover the spread 80% of the time when they go on the road as a favorite the following week. This trends extends for several years back. Also of note is that of the last 12 championship games played the spread has only come into play one time. So basically, whichever team wins these games covers the spread. Put those two facts together, along with the thoughts I already expressed in the blog, I think you can see the direction of my next sports investment.

These playoffs have me feeling like this is a 20% kind of year.

You have to go back decades to find 3 road winners in the divisional round. And the #6 vs. #4 and the #6 vs. #2 has probably never happened before as well. I agree - this is a 20% kind of year.

Cardinals have NO shot.. Keep dreaming fellas. The intensity the Eagles are playing with is like no team's I have seen in the past. They have been to the NFC Championship 5 out of the last 10 years now. They know time is running out. I just don't see how they lose the game...

So, there you go. I will be the bold one and say the game is never close. 31-17 Eagles

Cardinals have NO shot.. Keep dreaming fellas. The intensity the Eagles are playing with is like no team's I have seen in the past. They have been to the NFC Championship 5 out of the last 10 years now. They know time is running out. I just don't see how they lose the game...

So, there you go. I will be the bold one and say the game is never close. 31-17 Eagles

it is really hard to think of the Cardinals as a championship quality franchise given their history of comeplete suck. But to say they have no shot is not giving them their due. As a home underdog, they not only have a shot, but they have a pretty good one. Nobody respects them. They got beat down on Thanksgiving by the Eagles. Yet there they are... hosting the NFC Championship.

Larry Fitzgerald is the best offensive player in football right now. The Arizona defense has been in lockdown for two straight games vs. the run against some of the best the NFL has to offer. Philadelphia beat a terribly coached football team with a very inexperienced QB and a division rival who had lost 3 of 4 (now 4 of 5).

There's your explanation material after the Cardinals win as to why you sound ridiculous when you say an NFL team playing at home during the playoffs has "NO shot".

Larry Fitzgerald is the best offensive player in football right now. The Arizona defense has been in lockdown for two straight games vs. the run against some of the best the NFL has to offer. Philadelphia beat a terribly coached football team with a very inexperienced QB and a division rival who had lost 3 of 4 (now 4 of 5).

There's your explanation material after the Cardinals win as to why you sound ridiculous when you say an NFL team playing at home during the playoffs has "NO shot".

Fitz is the man, no doubt.. I shouldn't say they have 'NO SHOT'.. I will say I will be completely shocked if the game is even close though. The Eagles D has been playing lights out for the better part of the season.. Not the last 2 games. The Eagles create matchup problems for Az on both sides of the ball.. Sorry to offend anyone, I just don't see it happening. If I am wrong, so be it. Not like I have never been wrong before. And if you think Minn and the NY Giants were a cakewalk then you are the one who sounds rediculous.

Fitz is the man, no doubt.. I shouldn't say they have 'NO SHOT'.. I will say I will be completely shocked if the game is even close though. The Eagles D has been playing lights out for the better part of the season.. Not the last 2 games. The Eagles create matchup problems for Az on both sides of the ball.. Sorry to offend anyone, I just don't see it happening. If I am wrong, so be it. Not like I have never been wrong before. And if you think Minn and the NY Giants were a cakewalk then you are the one who sounds rediculous.

My fellow Eagles fan appears to have enough confidence for both of us. While I feel the Eagles should win on Sunday, I think this is a close game and the Cardinals certainly have a good shot at winning. If Arizona ends up winning, please don't mock me. I am not the one who thinks the Cardinals have "no shot". :wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

My fellow Eagles fan appears to have enough confidence for both of us. While I feel the Eagles should win on Sunday, I think this is a close game and the Cardinals certainly have a good shot at winning. If Arizona ends up winning, please don't mock me. I am not the one who thinks the Cardinals have "no shot". :wacko:

+1....I was telling people the Cards were my upset of the week last week......and people around here laughed except 1 or 2...

their defense has definitely stepped up big time...

+1....I was telling people the Cards were my upset of the week last week......and people around here laughed except 1 or 2...

their defense has definitely stepped up big time...

I agree that their defense has been better... But let's be honest. Jake Delhomme was throwing the football right to their DBs last game. We'll see.

Around here in Arizona tne media is going nuts with this(5 weeks ago saying how bad they were) interviewing players and everything like they have won the Superbowl already. I am excited for the Cards but I am worried this may disrupt how they played to this point. I hope coach Wisenhunt brings them down to earth with task at hand because this is going to be a tough game. The Eagle secondary are one of the best which can match up with our receivers Boldin or not. I think people are expecting a high scoring game but I expect differently something like a 23-16 which could go either way.