[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congress to get into act of Championship Game

tazinib1

I've only read a few posts in this thread, but two things were glaring:

1) Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian does any member of fedgov have to say about the credibility of another institution, and

2) Sarge trying to make a cogent argument and deriding others for their lack thereof.

This is great entertainment guys... :wacko:

There is absolutely no logic in what you just said and could be used as an argument to not make any changes to anything regardless of how profitable it is or could become.

If you add a couple of items to a menu, does it increase business across the board or create less demand for what you already serve?

If you add a couple of items to a menu, does it increase business across the board or create less demand for what you already serve?

That is not the issue at hand as most play-off scenarios suggest using some of the bowls as playoffs. So, if you want to correlate it to my business it would be determining the effect of replacing dishes that people feel ho-hum about with dishes that my customers are clamoring for. Something that any businessman interested in making money should seriously think about doing.

So, your argument about how a playoff would make the Cotton Bowl irrelevant is that it has already been made irrelevant? Not sure that's much of an argument.

My point is that the BCS has made the Cotton Bowl iless relevant even though their are only 2 teams in the hunt for the NC. Cotton Bowl not being involved in the BCS has make it a second tier bowl but with some prestige to the teams who compete in it. Just like the NIT use to be. But if you expand the importance of the other BCS Bowls other than the BCS NC then it seems logical that Cotton like bowl games may fall the way of the NIT in the importance.

You do remember the good old days of the NIT, don't you?

So, your argument about how a playoff would make the Cotton Bowl irrelevant is that it has already been made irrelevant? Not sure that's much of an argument.

Know it seems like I'm against playoffs, but I'm really not. Just don't think what we have now is all that bad.

In some ways, I wish the NFL would never expanded their playoffs, unless of course my team is on the bubble. :wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

obviously, yes.

So, let me get this str8 you are such a fan of the BCS, you think it would be better to be voting in the so called "best" teams into the Super Bowl??

and please don't bring compare golf and football ever again

No doubt this year's Super Bowl would have alot more interest. Just like when Tiger plays in a tournament.

So Rocker, the NCAA tournament would be more exciting, if we just voted on the 2 best teams? That makes no sense at all. Giants and Titans should have just played in the super bowl, even though CLEARLY by this time of the year and for the last month or so, they weren't the best teams? That's ridiculous. Now I do agree with you, I think there are too many teams in the playoffs. I thought they were more exciting with the 1 wild card game, and 3 division champions getting byes. The NBA also has way too many teams that make it's playoffs too, but thats a whole other discussion. The point is the BCS has been a complete and utter disgrace that has fixed nothing. Just look at it mathmatically. You have what? 119 Teams? Each team plays 12 games, 13 if you have a conference championship game. That means you're playing 10 % all of the teams that are available to play. Which means 90 % of the teams you don't know if you can beat or not. So with that little sample, you're gonna try and tell me that simply voting on the "2 best teams" is a better (or even simply a good way or "not bad" like you put it) way than if you put 8-12 of the nations top teams on the field and have them play it out? Sorry but I believe on any given Saturday USC could beat Florida, or Oklahoma could beat USC, or hell even Texas Tech could beat Utah. That's way too many question marks at a conclusion of a season, when again, you're looking at such a small sample size that a voter has to look at.