[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bradford returning, Greisham too

Sgt Ryan

WOW

Bradford was a lock to go in the top 5, Greisham top 15, and McCoy was the top DT available, who was also projected to go in the top 15.

Very surprised these 3, and our best Ol Trent Williams is also returning

Quarterback Sam Bradford is expected to announce that he will return to Oklahoma next season, a source told ESPN.

Bradford was expected to announce his decision at a 5:30 p.m. ET press conference Wednesday.

Offensive tackle Trent Williams, who said Wednesday that he would return to the Sooners next season, said he believes Bradford will return.

"My gut feeling is that Sam is coming back," said Williams, who spoke with Bradford. "The entire state may be very happy."

Kent Bradford, Sam's father, said that his son's decision will be based on what is in his best "long-term" interests.

Williams, 6-foot-5, 308 pounds, graded out as Oklahoma's best offensive lineman throughout this season, according to coaches.

"I just want to win," Williams said. "I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth. Not a lot of people win a championship and I want to win a championship. I also promised my mom I would graduate. And I think I can improve my draft stock."

Tight end Jermaine Gresham is expected to also return to Oklahoma, a person close to Greshman said.

Defensive lineman Gerald McCoy has already announced he will return.

Not a horrible decision by Bradford. If staying in school another year means having complete domination of the co'eds, complete and total command of the campus, endless frat/sorority parties and eluding the Detroit Lions...well then its a no-brainer to me. Plus he could use some more seasoning.

The Texas/OU game winner should be in the NC game. Lets just hope OSU can go undefeated as well. :wacko:

SC losing Sanchez, and all that defensive talent, they will drop several games next yr IMO. So the Pac-10 will be irrelevant in the NC chase

I do not see FLA going unbeaten, nor any team in the SEC. And to be honest the way we stacked up this year, Id take my chances with a healthy Demarco Murray and this freshman sensation RB we redshirt who was the #1 RB coming into college last season. This also will help with recruiting for this year. Besides if Percy leaves early, no way FLA wins out imo. That kid was the difference maker in the NC game, not Tebow. And it wasnt even close.

As a Sooner fan, Im very excited for this news. Coming off a NC loss, was heartbreaking enough, but to lose these 4 studs early would have been a major bummer. Now we have a shot to get back if OU can take care of Texas, and I believe they certainly can.

BOOMER

Edited by Sgt Ryan

The Texas/OU game winner should be in the NC game. Lets just hope OSU can go undefeated as well. :wacko:

SC losing Sanchez, and all that defensive talent, they will drop several games next yr IMO. So the Pac-10 will be irrelevant in the NC chase

I do not see FLA going unbeaten, nor any team in the SEC. And to be honest the way we stacked up this year, Id take my chances with a healthy Demarco Murray and this freshman sensation RB we redshirt who was the #1 RB coming into college last season. This also will help with recruiting for this year. Besides if Percy leaves early, no way FLA wins out imo. That kid was the difference maker in the NC game, not Tebow. And it wasnt even close.

As a Sooner fan, Im very excited for this news. Coming off a NC loss, was heartbreaking enough, but to lose these 4 studs early would have been a major bummer. Now we have a shot to get back if OU can take care of Texas, and I believe they certainly can.

BOOMER

It would not surprise me to see Florida lose a game next year as it is difficult to go undefeated through the SEC. However, aside from FSU who we get in Gainesville this year, Florida has an embarrassing out of conference schedule. We don't play Ole Miss and will only play Alabama if both make it to the SEC Championship game. We have to travel to LSU, but we have a bye the week before that game. Tennessee has a new coach and we get them in Gainesville. Georgia will have to replace their QB and RB. I think it's great that Tebow is coming back. However, I continue to assert that the biggest concern for opposing teams is that our entire defense and all of their back ups (with the possible exception of Spikes) returns next year. This is the same defense that held opposing teams to an average of about 13.5 pts per game this past year. Taken together, it would also not surprise me to see Florida go undefeated. Now, if Harvin were to come back for his senior year...

I never heard top 5 guaranteed. Everything I have seen was it it shouldn't have been no later than 20. But then again Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers can tell you things change once the draft actually starts.

Not a horrible decision by Bradford. If staying in school another year means having complete domination of the co'eds, complete and total command of the campus, endless frat/sorority parties and eluding the Detroit Lions...well then its a no-brainer to me. Plus he could use some more seasoning.

naw - you don't pass up the opp to be a top 5, potential #1 IMO- see Lienart and others, alot can change in 1 year. And what? he is not going to have a sick life and get tons of ass being a 22 yr old multimillionaire?

Det will be in the mix for the top pick next year..... and he can always pull an Eli if he wants.......

I think it is a bad move that could come back to bit him in the ass

Don't blame Bradford. Sophomore (yes i know third year) in the NFL? Something to be said for waiting it out, particularly when you look at some of the successful QB's. Brady, Manning, Mcnabb, Ryan, Flacco etc... all stayed in school (some by choice some not so much). I certainly have no problem with taking a top 5 pay day, however if your goal is to be an elite QB at the next level, looking at the template of those that showed you before, isn't that bad of an idea.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

How many games did SC lose in 2007, what about 2006.

Thats right, several.

Still hanging on my sack I see fishboy.

edit to add:

Then tell me why Carroll is steamed Sanchez is going. he wishes him well, but tells everyone he went against the grain on this one. He could have used another year in college. blah blah blah

What Carroll means is if we want to compete for a title next yr we need you, if you leave, our options suck ass.

This is as classless as anything Carroll has ever done. Turn his back on one of his players because his decision to better himself hurts Carroll.

Before Sanchez could take questions from media, his former coach patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the room. According to the Daily News, Sanchez was surprised Carroll left because the coach insisted the two appear together at the news conference, sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/news/story?id=3835329

LOS ANGELES -- Mark Sanchez made his own call, and it wasn't a big hit with coach Pete Carroll.

Coming off a record-setting Rose Bowl, the Southern California quarterback will skip his senior season to enter the NFL draft -- going against the advice of Carroll.

Sanchez, a fourth-year junior, announced his plans at a campus news conference Thursday, the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. The past three stars who played quarterback at USC under Carroll stayed for their senior seasons, and the former NFL coach thought Sanchez should do the same.

"We've talked at great depth and great length. We've covered this from A to Z ... going until late last night," Carroll said. "We don't see this decision the same. [but] I'm thrilled for Mark. For any of our kids to live the dream and do what they want to do with their football career, this is a great place to do this."

Carroll tried to convince Sanchez that another year of college experience would help him in the pro game, but Sanchez said he had carefully weighed all the considerations before deciding to leave.

"It has been my dream since I was just a little kid to play in the NFL and thanks to this great academic institution and football program, I have the opportunity to realize that dream," said Sanchez, dapperly dressed in a business suit and champagne-colored tie.

"It was with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to this university. But I can't tell you how excited I am for this dream to come true," he said.

In the Los Angeles Daily News, Carroll said, "He just wants to. He just wants to go do it. It didn't matter what the facts were, he just wanted to go do it. It was in his heart to go take this challenge on and that just overrode everything that was out there."

Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart, along with John David Booty, all returned for their final year of eligibility with the Trojans. Palmer was the first overall pick in the 2002 NFL draft and Leinart was selected 10th in 2005.

Carroll said he considers Sanchez as talented as any of those three, but the coach won't get to see how a fifth year might have benefited the quarterback.

"The facts are so strong against this decision," Carroll said. "After analyzing all the information, the truth is there, he should have stayed for another year. He lost out on a chance to fully prepare himself. The facts are there's a 62 percent failure rate for underclassmen quarterbacks."

Before Sanchez could take questions from media, his former coach patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the room. According to the Daily News, Sanchez was surprised Carroll left because the coach insisted the two appear together at the news conference, sources said.

"I can't promise I'm going in any round or any pick or to a certain team," Sanchez said, according to the newspaper. "All I can promise is that I will work as hard as I ever have. I'll set myself up just fine."

Because 2008 Heisman winner Sam Bradford of Oklahoma, 2007 Heisman winner Tim Tebow of Florida and Texas star Colt McCoy all plan to return to school next season, Sanchez and Georgia's Matthew Stafford -- another junior coming out early -- will likely be the top quarterback prospects in the draft.

Mitch Mustain, who transferred from Arkansas after going 8-0 in games he started as a Razorbacks freshman in 2006, is expected to compete with Aaron Corp, Garrett Green and incoming freshman Matt Barkley for the Trojans' starting job.

Carroll, a former head coach with the New York Jets and New England Patriots, thinks another year of college experience would have greatly benefited Sanchez, who started at USC for only one full season.

"Mark is going against the grain on this decision and he knows that. He knows that coming out early is a tremendous challenge for a quarterback and the statistics don't back up that it's easy to be successful in the way that he's going about it," Carroll said.

"We've seen successes and we've seen guys come up short on this deal. We hope this works out beautifully for Mark and his family," he said.

Mark Sanchez will likely be one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft.Carroll isn't selling Sanchez short.

"He's a competitive guy, a guy that's willing to take on this challenge in a way that he's going to make it happen," the coach said. "Mark clearly has the potential to be as good as any of those guys we've had. We saw it early on.

"All it is is an experience issue," Carroll said.

Sanchez ended his college career with his finest game. The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder went 28-for-35 against Penn State, setting a Rose Bowl record by completing 80 percent of his passes. He threw for 413 yards and four touchdowns and also ran for a score in the Trojans' 38-24 victory.

Sanchez led the Trojans to a 12-1 record and No. 3 national ranking last season after going 2-1 the previous year while Booty was hurt.

A high school star in nearby Mission Viejo who redshirted at USC in 2005, Sanchez finished last season with 3,207 yards passing, 34 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He threw for 695 yards and seven touchdowns with five interceptions in 2007.

Sanchez said he came to USC to get an education, to compete at the highest college level and earn a chance to play in the NFL.

"I'm proud to say that this spring, I'll have the opportunity to do both," said Sanchez, on track to receive his degree in communications.

His father, Nick, said he had mixed emotions about his son's decision to enter the draft.

"As a parent, I'd like for him to stay in school for another 10 years," he said. "But it's great to see a young man trying to live his dream."

Edited by Sgt Ryan

naw - you don't pass up the opp to be a top 5, potential #1 IMO- see Lienart and others, alot can change in 1 year. And what? he is not going to have a sick life and get tons of ass being a 22 yr old multimillionaire?

Det will be in the mix for the top pick next year..... and he can always pull an Eli if he wants.......

I think it is a bad move that could come back to bit him in the ass

How bad did it really hurt Leinart. He is stealing millions of dollars from ARZ than SF a year earlier. If anything Leinart not entering made Aaron Rodgers a ton of money. He likely falls out of the 1st round all together with Alex Smith and Leinart in that draft.

It would not surprise me to see Florida lose a game next year as it is difficult to go undefeated through the SEC. However, aside from FSU who we get in Gainesville this year, Florida has an embarrassing out of conference schedule. We don't play Ole Miss and will only play Alabama if both make it to the SEC Championship game. We have to travel to LSU, but we have a bye the week before that game. Tennessee has a new coach and we get them in Gainesville. Georgia will have to replace their QB and RB. I think it's great that Tebow is coming back. However, I continue to assert that the biggest concern for opposing teams is that our entire defense and all of their back ups (with the possible exception of Spikes) returns next year. This is the same defense that held opposing teams to an average of about 13.5 pts per game this past year. Taken together, it would also not surprise me to see Florida go undefeated. Now, if Harvin were to come back for his senior year...

Did the FLA D put up inflated numbers because they were so good, or because offenses in the SEC were so bad. Sure they looked good in the NC game, but so did the OU defense, and everyone here ripped them all year. How much of that was being able to prepare for 1 team for a month. I sure would have liked to have played this game a month ago when OU was peaking. Harvin was hurt then, just like Murray. Level playing field in my opinion and I do think the score would have been alot different. More points for sure on both sides.

Did the FLA D put up inflated numbers because they were so good, or because offenses in the SEC were so bad. Sure they looked good in the NC game, but so did the OU defense, and everyone here ripped them all year. How much of that was being able to prepare for 1 team for a month. I sure would have liked to have played this game a month ago when OU was peaking. Harvin was hurt then, just like Murray. Level playing field in my opinion and I do think the score would have been alot different. More points for sure on both sides.

Let's take what you say as accurate...The SEC team offenses were down and this made the Gator defense look good. Next year, the Gators play in this same SEC. Aside from LSU, which offense, at least on paper, appears to have significantly improved? Georgia? I don't think so. Tennessee? Vanderbilt? Miss State? South Carolina? Kentucky? Arkansas? Our OOC schedule is embarrassing except for FSU. While FSU is improving, it remains to be seen if they are able to put real pressure on the Florida defense.

So, Florida's entire defense returns along with the bulk of starters on offense. If Florida plays at least as well next season as they played this season, who stops them in the SEC? To be honest, I have to believe that having the ENTIRE starting defense (and their back ups) return next season can only be seen as a positive.

I acknowledge it is very difficult to go undefeated. Florida has not done so since 1911 (5-0-1). But--if Florida is fortunate enough to come through the season undefeated, they will again have a month to prepare for which ever team would earn the right to play them. And I think we saw how well the coaches can get this team ready to play in big games.

Let's take what you say as accurate...The SEC team offenses were down and this made the Gator defense look good. Next year, the Gators play in this same SEC. Aside from LSU, which offense, at least on paper, appears to have significantly improved? Georgia? I don't think so. Tennessee? Vanderbilt? Miss State? South Carolina? Kentucky? Arkansas? Our OOC schedule is embarrassing except for FSU. While FSU is improving, it remains to be seen if they are able to put real pressure on the Florida defense.

So, Florida's entire defense returns along with the bulk of starters on offense. If Florida plays at least as well next season as they played this season, who stops them in the SEC? To be honest, I have to believe that having the ENTIRE starting defense (and their back ups) return next season can only be seen as a positive.

I acknowledge it is very difficult to go undefeated. Florida has not done so since 1911 (5-0-1). But--if Florida is fortunate enough to come through the season undefeated, they will again have a month to prepare for which ever team would earn the right to play them. And I think we saw how well the coaches can get this team ready to play in big games.

Personally I think without Harvin they lose the NC game. They wont have Harvin next yr and if both teams are lucky enough to get back to the title again next year, FLA wont end the season undefeated. OU showed how to slow this offense down, attack Tebow. For 3 quarters it worked, until a turnover and blocked FG gave FLA field position. Im not taking anything away from FLA this yr, but they are not comparable to SC and Texas in years past as dominant Teams, and I do not see them that way next year either, so they can be beaten and IMO, will lose.

I also think OU coaches showed how they could turn a D that was maligned all season into a team that shut down FLA for 3 quarters. Im not taking anything away from meyer, but you are pointing out Meyer can get his team ready to play. Was FLA really that ready for OU to start the game. Seriously, OU made them look terrible for a half. What about last yrs bowl vs Michigan.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

And let me add, Florida has a bye before the LSU game, meaning they have two weeks to prepare. As schedules go, Florida's 2009 schedule lines up well for them.

When you play no one, that usually happens. Which is why FLA really shouldnt have been in the title game in the first place over Texas. If OU and Texas were in dif conferences, Former Big 8 and SWC, FLA wouldnt have been in the title game because of that schedule. But since Texas and OU both couldnt win a conference, since they play in the same, and FLA could, FLA jumped Texas in the final BCS poll.

Im not going to continue arguing with you. You have clearly hijacked this post about OU players coming back. Start your own FLA post and I promise you I wont reply in it. Because I could give a rats ass about FLA.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

When you play no one, that usually happens. Which is why FLA really shouldnt have been in the title game in the first place over Texas. If OU and Texas were in dif conferences, Former Big 8 and SWC, FLA wouldnt have been in the title game because of that schedule. But since Texas and OU both couldnt win a conference, since they play in the same, and FLA could, FLA jumped Texas in the final BCS poll.

Im not going to continue arguing with you. You have clearly hijacked this post about OU players coming back. You are not worth getting into a pissin match with.

And I thought you liked me.

Im not going to continue arguing with you. You have clearly hijacked this post about OU players coming back. Start your own FLA post and I promise you I wont reply in it. Because I could give a rats ass about FLA.

Doesn't take long for the gracious in defeat version of Sgt. Ryan to turn back into the bitterman that he is deep down.

Kinda sucks to lose to a team that, according to you, didn't even belong in the game. Brings back memories of losses to Boise St and WVU...

BOOMER

You have clearly hijacked this post about OU players coming back. Start your own FLA post and I promise you I wont reply in it. Because I could give a rats ass about FLA.

Sarge--I didn't mean to hijack your OU thread. I found it only mildly interesting until YOU brought up Florida. I find discussion of Florida very interesting. I think if you really only gave a rats ass about the BCS Natl Champion, you probably would not have brought them up.

Doesn't take long for the gracious in defeat version of Sgt. Ryan to turn back into the bitterman that he is deep down.

Kinda sucks to lose to a team that, according to you, didn't even belong in the game. Brings back memories of losses to Boise St and WVU...

Giving props to a team that beats yours is just part of the deal. As far as bitter, you have no idea. These guys coming back are the start of a special season in Norman.

Giving props to a team that beats yours is just part of the deal. As far as bitter, you have no idea. These guys coming back are the start of a special season in Norman.

Only to end when Texas beats that errs again!! :wacko:

Though I would have loved to play OU next year without Bradford to increase Texas's chance, what a treat to see Colt and Sam go H2H one more time!! As a sports fan...I love that!! It should be another great game.