[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys to realease TO?

tazinib1

Has Jerry Jones finally discovered the errors of his ways?

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post reports that the Cowboys are having "serious internal discussions" about releasing Terrell Owens.

"Serious discussions," Lombardi stresses. This coincides with last week's report by Ed Werder, who cited a supposed decline by 35-year-old T.O. But there simply has been none. Owens got stronger during the season's second half, averaging 18.9 YPC with five scores in the last eight games. Jan. 14 - 4:47 pm et

Source: National Football Post

I think it is time for the TO experiment to end in the National Football League. The man has serious issues and I truly feel for his son with him as a role model. I only pray that the side of TO that stood before congress and spoke about his grandmother is the side he shows his son and not the football player side.

well the GMen showed they need a #1 WR....next stop NYG...then after that he can finish his tour of the NFCE in Washington

and yeah I am kidding

As me oriented as TO is, I think he would welcome going to the New York Giant Football Club. Then again, I don't think Coughlin would agree.

As me oriented as TO is, I think he would welcome going to the New York Giant Football Club. Then again, I don't think Coughlin would agree.

Well the good thing about it is Eli's too much of a hayseed to know when he's being busted on.

I'll believe it when I see it. The cap issue has to come into play...

But Jerry Jones just last year invested a $12 million signing bonus in Owens, which means there would be salary-cap fallout. In fact, Jerry Jones has suggested that there might be enough damage that the team would find it difficult to sign NFL sack leader DeMarcus Ware to a new contract.

I was listening to an interview with Mickey Spagnola on the local AM sports talk sometime in the last few days, and according to Mickey, it would cost Dallas more to cut him than it would to just let him play, or sit on the bench.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

It would cost Dallas $680,000 toward the 09 cap if they were to release him. That's chump change relative to team chemistry, which is priceless if you want a Lombardi Trophy.

I just saw this posted on Adam Schefter's blog.

NFL Network colleague Michael Lombardi said the Cowboys could be preparing to cut wide receiver Terrell Owens.

On this, there is no debate. Whether the Cowboys actually will cut Owens is another question.

Consider that Owens has a 2009 salary-cap number of $8.995 million. If the Cowboys release Owens between today and June, his 2009 salary-cap charge to Dallas will be a whopping $9.675 million.

So you be the judge: Are the Cowboys willing to eat close to $10 million against their salary cap, particularly when 2010 is scheduled to be an uncapped year and Dallas can get rid of Owens at that point for nothing? Are the Cowboys willing to cut their biggest impact offensive player for all the shenanigans he brings?

These are questions the Cowboys are pondering. And we’re awaiting answers.

Schefter's Blog