[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haslett officially OUT in STL

STL Fan

The St. Louis Post Dispatch is reporting that Haslett has been told by the Rams that he is no longer being considered for the HC job. He was one of five finalists, now he is out.

Story

From finalist to F... you. :wacko:

He was one of five publicly identified finalists and Devanny told the staff at Rams Park a week ago that Haslett was still definitely a candidate. Then the Rams basically said "You know what, you're eliminated. That means if these other four guys all turn us down, we still wouldn't hire you, we'd re-open the search."

That's an F...you, dontcha think?

ADAM SCHEFTER

Cowboys assistant Garrett traveling to St. Louis

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Jason Garrett, NFL coaching search, St. Louis Rams

Jason Garrett is traveling to St. Louis this afternoon, according to a league source, and it could be a sign that the Cowboys’ offensive coordinator is the Rams’ pick as their new head coach.

The Rams said Thursday that they wanted to have a head-coaching decision by Saturday. The team also spoke with Garrett on Friday and finalized the plans for him to come to St. Louis.

So despite the speculation that Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier or Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan could be the Rams’ next coach, every sign now points to Garrett.

He was one of five publicly identified finalists and Devanny told the staff at Rams Park a week ago that Haslett was still definitely a candidate. Then the Rams basically said "You know what, you're eliminated. That means if these other four guys all turn us down, we still wouldn't hire you, we'd re-open the search."

I just thought it was funny.

Not really. If they didn't want him then why keep him around? If the other 4 turn down an offer it's not like an NFL franchise is just going to say "well ok, you can have it even though we really didn't want you."

I hope Frazier keeps getting passed over for these jobs. Would love to see him at the helm of the Vikes D for another year, and if Childress can't get them farther next season, then he'd be a natural to take over the HC position. I'm not convinced he would make a good HC, pretty quiet guy, but sure looks like Mike Tomlin adjusted well with the Steelers.

In 06 in Miami Capers had the 6th ranked defense. In 07 they were 23rd.

In Houston in 04 they were 15th but in 05 32nd.

Either would be OK I think if they get them the players they need.

There is something about capers that I don't like... If not Haslett, then I'm hoping they bring in Philly's LB coach.