[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No animals were harmed during this NFL game

MikesVikes

...Except for 3000 cows says this Patriots fan. Hey Dan Shannon, we'll miss ya.

Not.

:wacko:

Dear Mr. Dan Shannon:

Here's a story with a "bull" in the title, says 3000 cows are needed to supply the NFL with footballs every year, then 3.8 steers are needed during a Super Bowl game. I'm very sure that a bull, steer and a cow are not all in the same. It has something to do with anatomy.

I also don't think that the NFL puts a call into a farmer every Sunday morning warning them that they will need a few before noon. Do we think that cows (or bulls or steers) are killed for their hide? I'll bet a Big Mac that you could find more uses for them.

PETA must have fallen on hard times if they can't find anything else to worry about.

Got me laughing:

""If animals weren't meant to be eaten," says Jody Brown, "then why are they made out of meat?""

""The animals who end up as baseballs and soccer cleats suffer confinement, crowding, branding, unanesthetized castration, tail-docking, dehorning and cruel treatment during transportation," reads a PETA press release, describing conditions that mirror, almost exactly, those suffered by sportswriters at the Super Bowl."

:wacko:

PETA would probably be an outstanding organization if it weren't for the people that are part of it.

PETA would probably be an outstanding organization if it weren't for the people that are part of it.

Unfortunately that's completely true. The lunacies they come out with deflect from the awesome work being done by people who really care about animal welfare.

""The animals who end up as baseballs and soccer cleats suffer confinement, crowding, branding, unanesthetized castration, tail-docking, dehorning and cruel treatment during transportation," reads a PETA press release, describing conditions that mirror, almost exactly, those suffered by sportswriters at the Super Bowl."

I'm betting that PETA would complain about cows suffering castration if they heard about it. These people are more ignorant than concerned in my book.

Btw, I'm not sure how I got this old story up. I think it got pulled off the msn homepage or fox sports.