[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should the Super Bowl be on a Saturday?

Chief Dick

Should the Super Bowl be on a Saturday?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Super Bowl be on a Saturday?

• Yes
    • No
    • Puddy

I have always wished for the Super Bowl to be on a Saturday. To me, having the game basically Sunday evening takes some of the zing out of a Super Bowl party.

Now if it was on Saturday, there would be much more debauchery, drinking, naked women in hot tubs, the whole Wild West Show.

What say you?

I have always wished for the Super Bowl to be on a Saturday. To me, having the game basically Sunday evening takes some of the zing out of a Super Bowl party.

Now if it was on Saturday, there would be much more debauchery, drinking, naked women in hot tubs, the whole Wild West Show.

What say you?

Now that you mention it, yes, I'd love to see more naked women. Anything for more naked women.

What say you?

I could'nt agree more.

And why does the second game tomorrow have to be so late? :D Ghey. :wacko:

The 2 weeks in between the NFC and AFC Championship and the Superbowl annoys me more. I like the Superbowl on a Sunday-- it's a good tradition to me. It's kind of like a sweet kiss goodbye to the best sports season on the planet. If drinking and debauchery are that important to you personally then you and your friends can take Monday off or go into work with an incredible hangover. :wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

i always just plan to be hungover on monday, the nice thing about being stationed in the Pacific Air Forces Command was that we got the day after the Super Bowl off...but then again it came on at like 6am monday morning.

I am all for moving the SB to Saturday. I think that the only reason that they play it on Sunday is for the years when there was no week off. If they are going to skip a week then for sure it should be on Saturday. Or maybe they look at it like the Sunday is for football thing. :shurg:

I am all for moving the SB to Saturday. I think that the only reason that they play it on Sunday is for the years when there was no week off. If they are going to skip a week then for sure it should be on Saturday. Or maybe they look at it like the Sunday is for football thing. :shurg:

I agree, shurg.

Every year there are articles and news pieces on the amount of calling in sick and so forth following the SB. To me, it would be a no brainer for the league to move it to Saturday night. I think it would become an even bigger event if they did, since people would feel they could really go all out.

What say you?

This is a good reason for having it on Saturday. But it isn't a very good case to present to the NFL, networks, or congress. :wacko:

The 2 weeks in between the NFC and AFC Championship and the Superbowl annoys me more. I like the Superbowl on a Sunday

amen. It should also be in January.

I also want to stop the hollywood events. Football is great all by itself.

:wacko::D

You crazy. Talk about a dying breed. You might as well be speaking Chinese.

PS I do agree w/having it later in the day, though I'd prefer just a little earlier start, like 4 or 5 PM ET ("start" meaning the ball is actually kicked off at that time). wt* else would you be doing most Sundays after dark in the middle of winter anyway? I'd rather have most the day free.

Edited by BeeR

I could'nt agree more.

And why does the second game tomorrow have to be so late? :D Ghey. :wacko:

Although I voted NO on Saturday for purely selfish reasons, I do agree with :D about tomorrow's games. The NFL could have just scheduled it like a regular Sunday and had the AFC game at 1:00 ET and the NFC game(in Arizona) at 4:00PM ET. So a big hugh w...t...f...from me.

i would guess the hosting city would take a small hit if the game was on a saturday too...one less night that hotels are booked and restaurants are eaten at more than likely