[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lol @ McNabb and...

BeeR

wth w/the McNabb thread closed? Does ESPN own the huddle now and you can't diss black QBs? :wacko:

He made some nice throws and a good comeback, and it's not like it was all his fault to say the least, but ultimately he DID make a lot of bad throws and not get it done when it counted. Again.

wth w/the McNabb thread closed? Does ESPN own the huddle now and you can't diss black QBs? :D

He made some nice throws and a good comeback, and it's not like it was all his fault to say the least, but ultimately he DID make a lot of bad throws and not get it done when it counted. Again.

:wacko:

So unless he is completely perfect, he gets criticized.

Didn't it take QBs like Manning, Elway, Favre, Aikman, etc. the presense of a superb rushing game for them to finally get over the hump and win? McNabb has had Dorsey Levens, Deuce Staley, a gimpy Westbrook today....guys that haven't come close to posting 100 yard days in the Super Bowl/Championship games.

McNabb has won in spite of the team around him, and led average offenses to above-average performances.

I wonder if Terrell Davis had never been a Bronco if we'd be talking about Elway the way we do today?

If your defense gives up 32 points, the QB can't be blamed much when he is forced to throw 47 times to keep the team in it. He played well today, was off target on a handful of throws, and again was put into a position where he had to score 33+ points to win...not many QBs are going to be able to do that.

:wacko:

Didn't it take QBs like Manning, Elway, Favre, Aikman, etc. the presense of a superb rushing game for them to finally get over the hump and win? McNabb has had Dorsey Levens, Deuce Staley, a gimpy Westbrook today....guys that haven't come close to posting 100 yard days in the Super Bowl/Championship games.

McNabb has won in spite of the team around him, and led average offenses to above-average performances.

I wonder if Terrell Davis had never been a Bronco if we'd be talking about Elway the way we do today?

If your defense gives up 32 points, the QB can't be blamed much when he is forced to throw 47 times to keep the team in it. He played well today, was off target on a handful of throws, and again was put into a position where he had to score 33+ points to win...not many QBs are going to be able to do that.

Not a number 5 fan here at all....but he is far from the reason they lost this game!! 375 and 3 td's, another 30 + rushing....can't blame him for sure!!

yeah that's what I'm saying. :wacko:

Westbrook wasn't "gimpy" and McNabb mis-fired badly on a regular basis, and I don't mean because he was being pressured. That isn't Westbrook's fault.

You mean as a guy who mostly sucked in SBs and rode Davis' coattails to a couple SB wins? Yeah, minus the riding Davis' coattails to SB wins part.

I guess you missed where I said "it's not like it was all his fault to say the least..." Once more: he didn't get it done when it counted most. Yeah he had help in that regard, but still, for a QB that many try to hype as one of the best around, he's awfully inconsistent.

Edited by BeeR

Once more: he didn't get it done when it counted most. Yeah he had help in that regard, but still, for a QB that many try to hype as one of the best around, he's awfully inconsistent.

I guess I still am amazed at how many times people spout this stuff and with the next breath say what a great TEAM game football is. The earlier poster mentioned the 375 yards, the 3 TDs and the 30 rushing yards. What more could he have done?

yeah that's what I'm saying. :wacko:

Westbrook wasn't "gimpy" and McNabb mis-fired badly on a regular basis, and I don't mean because he was being pressured. That isn't Westbrook's fault.

You mean as a guy who mostly sucked in SBs and rode Davis' coattails to a couple SB wins? Yeah, minus the riding Davis' coattails to SB wins part.

I guess you missed where I said "it's not like it was all his fault to say the least..." Once more: he didn't get it done when it counted most. Yeah he had help in that regard, but still, for a QB that many try to hype as one of the best around, he's awfully inconsistent.

you better believe that westy was gimpy in some fashion if he isnt on the field on a 3rd and 10 in the 4th quarter...still the eagles had their chances and just came up short....hats off to the cards on their well deserved win

I guess I still am amazed at how many times people spout this stuff and with the next breath say what a great TEAM game football is. The earlier poster mentioned the 375 yards, the 3 TDs and the 30 rushing yards. What more could he have done?

Was HE on the field for the 32 points scored against them? Guess he should have given all he had, if it is a team sport...you need to go both ways according to some?

I guess I still am amazed at how many times people spout this stuff and with the next breath say what a great TEAM game football is.

I'm pretty sure I haven't said that. Not fishing either.

Apparently some of you missed the game and base your opinion on stats. whatever...

for a QB that many try to hype as one of the best around, he's awfully inconsistent.

Funny, I almost never hear people making unsolicited claims on how great McNabb is. What I do hear is people taking up for him in the face of haters who seem to want to tear him down. There's a big difference.

Since the day he was drafted people have had it out for him and all he's done is compete including, at times, completely carrying the team. Will he go down as an all time great? Not likely, but to argue that he hasn't been among the best QBs in the league during his career is foolish.

I don't like racism either. Between this and Cowboys fans trying to feel better about their disaster of a team by saying he choked I'm glad it was removed.

Without McNabb they would never have gotten to this game. He played badly in the first half. If the defense would have held in the 4th quarter they could still have won. End of story.

Time to move on.