[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mcnabb

Cowboyz1

Wow this thread was a Joke because the other two were locked due to the foul nature of my timing and personal discust for the Eagles more specifically their Superbowl Allergic QB. I was only trying to poke at DMD a bit for locking us down from a little poor taste banter.

Kind of like putting your hands to your ears and yelling LA LA LA LA, I can't here you................You know childish antics.

That said, I actually feel sorry for Mcnabb. I really do. I mean what does he have to look forward to? Being traded or worse yet leading the team to another Championship loss.

I sure am glad I pull for a team with a bright future with Jerry Jones again drafting in April and Wade Phillips limping the sideline, and TO going deep once or twice and Romo doing just enough to give me hope..........................

And just when I feel like questioning my team, I think of Mcnabb and the sun shines a little brighter and a sinister grin comes over me.

Philly scares me every time we meet. That is the truth. Makes the season that much more wonderful. So before you go and cast me off as some heartless, tactless homer, remember this, you Philly fans and all you other NON Cowboy fans take great pleasure in beating us to death on these boards every time something goes a foul at Valley Ranch, so don't start cryin to me when we throw a few hooks back once in a while. Keeps things perky.

Until next time, I bid you a fond day :wacko:

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread was a Joke because the other two were locked due to the foul nature of my timing and personal discust for the Eagles more specifically their Superbowl Allergic QB. I was only trying to poke at DMD a bit for locking us down from a little poor taste banter.

Kind of like putting your hands to your ears and yelling LA LA LA LA, I can't here you................You know childish antics.

That said, I actually feel sorry for Mcnabb. I really do. I mean what does he have to look forward to? Being traded or worse yet leading the team to another Championship loss.

I sure am glad I pull for a team with a bright future with Jerry Jones again drafting in April and Wade Phillips limping the sideline, and TO going deep once or twice and Romo doing just enough to give me hope..........................

And just when I feel like questioning my team, I think of Mcnabb and the sun shines a little brighter and a sinister grin comes over me.

Philly scares me every time we meet. That is the truth. Makes the season that much more wonderful. So before you go and cast me off as some heartless, tactless homer, remember this, you Philly fans and all you other NON Cowboy fans take great pleasure in beating us to death on these boards every time something goes a foul at Valley Ranch, so don't start cryin to me when we throw a few hooks back once in a while. Keeps things perky.

Until next time, I bid you a fond day :wacko:

Fair enough.

You do realize why Cowboys fans take a rash of crap don't you?

Because they're about the easiest team to hate in all of sports. For starters, someone named them "America's Team". Well for those of us in America that have never liked them at all, that's sort of irritating. Sort of like Notre Dame. So, when things go afoul for "America's Team" and you don't happen to like them at all, it's hard not to smile a bit.

To be honest, my dislike of the Cowboys coincides with watching my Niners but heads with them through the 80s and 90s. Then it sort of ramped up during the Jerry Jones era. A dude that only his mother could love. He is a complete and total train wreck. He lucked into Jimmy Johnson who with the help of the Vikings making one of the worst trades in history, managed to completely stack the Cowboys for him and lead to a great stretch for you guys. But Jerry couldn't handle it, could he? He thought it was all about him, so he handed the keys over to one of his boys and it all went to crap pretty quickly.

So, for the next 10 or so years, it's all about Jerry saying "I want this guy. I want that guy," and you get a parade of Quincy Carters and such. On top of that, every sleaze ball and a-hole that is given up on by every team is welcomed by Jerry with open arms. One of the most irritating facts to stomach if you're a pro sports fan is that the only thing in the world that matters is if you're big and fast. If so, then you simply don't need to follow any of the rules that everyone else alive needs to. Jerry Jones helps remind us of this every single off season more than maybe anyone else. So yes, it's rather comforting to watch it blow up in his face time and again.

Hell, he lured Parcells, and Tuna seemed to get them pointed in the right way. But it was either Tuna or TO, and Jerry picked TO. TO. There's exactly one team that you can't fault for not know what was going to happen and that's the Niners, because he was just a kid when they drafted him. Every team since knew he was a bloody cancer and figured it would be OK. Is it OK? Are you glad you chose him over Tuna? Sure, he seems like the one of the few guys who gives a damn, but what does he give a damn about? Not winning it seems. He gives a damn about TO.

To be honest, the last 10 years have been a tough time to be a Niners fan, but I wouldn't trade places with you. Because then I'd be a Cowboy fan and that would really suck.

That's all. :D Just thought I'd remind those Philly fans out there to help lessen the sting. That, sure, it's tough to see another Championship get away, but it could be worse, they could be Cowboy fans.

eta: uh oh, here comes whomper... :D

Edited by detlef

Fair enough.

You do realize why Cowboys fans take a rash of crap don't you?

Because they're about the easiest team to hate in all of sports. For starters, someone named them "America's Team". Well for those of us in America that have never liked them at all, that's sort of irritating. Sort of like Notre Dame. So, when things go afoul for "America's Team" and you don't happen to like them at all, it's hard not to smile a bit.

They are the New York Yankees without the history and without all the championships. :wacko:

They are the New York Yankees without the history and without all the championships. :wacko:

Or the standards. Say what you want about the Yanks, and there's plenty to say, but if you join the Yanks, you get in line. If you've got a beard, you shave it. If you've got long hair, you cut it. There's a mystique about putting on the pinstripes that simply isn't there with putting on the star. The Yanks have brought on guys with question marks around them, but they get in line and get in line quick. Or they don't stay Yanks for long.

TO's crap would not fly for a second on that team.

I think that people around here take this place and themselves WAY too seriously at times.

I also think that Dallas fans take more crap on these boards than any other fans. Deserved or not.

I also think that it's funny how people are coming out of the woodwork in support of Donovan Mcnabb. If Peyton had'nt won a SB, he'd get RAILED on these boards for being a choker. By, Cowboys' fans, Eagles fans...does'nt matter.

I also kind of feel bad for McNabb believe it or not because he's been close many times but has yet to win one. Then I see him pick up the phone on the sidelines or do a big dance on the field when he hits Jackson for the go ahead score this week. Then I don't feel bad for him anymore.

McNabb is a terrible winner. He loves that chit eating grin and dubm antics when he is on the right side of a game

That's all. :wacko: Just thought I'd remind those Philly fans out there to help lessen the sting. That, sure, it's tough to see another Championship get away, but it could be worse, they could be Cowboy fans.

While Dallas is on a dismal run of 10+ years without a playoff win I would still without a doubt rather be a Cowboys fan. I know it is an ancient battle cry but 5 superbowl rings as opposed to a history of Championship game short comings doesnt seem close in my opinion. I said the other day that Boys fans should lay low especially if poking fun at Philly since Philly ousted them rather easily. The theory of being able to trash a team only if your team is better somewhat rings true to me. I remember when Philly waxed Dallas I gladly took lumps from every Philly fan in the thread but kind of scratched my head when Bears , packers and Broncos fans were wetting themselves. It is fun to hate Dallas and overall it has been fun to be a fan of Dallas.

McNabb is a terrible winner. He loves that chit eating grin and dubm antics when he is on the right side of a game

Incorrect, sorry to say. He has been chastized in this town because of that "chit eating grin", mostly because he wears it whether the team is ahead or behind. The fans and talk shows berete him with "How in the world can he smile when he throws an incompletion or interception?", or, "How can he be grinning on the sidelines when they just lost?".

If you wanna criticize him for his lack of accuracy at times, his perceived lack of ability to come up big in big games (even though he is 9-6 in the playoffs, and went 3-1 in must-win games this year), then go ahead. But don't criticize him because he grins when he wins...Brett Favre jumps into the arms of lineman and sprints downfield when he wins, but its called exhuberance, and doesn't get criticized because its perceived as genuine. Was McNabb's phone incident poor judgement? Absolutely, but I give him a pass, because I am sure he was lost in the excitement of realizing they had just beaten the defending champs in their town. It obviously wasn't choreographed like some momos, since he couldn't realized he be near the Giants sidelines at that point in the game...it was in the moment, and it was a joke that ended up being not funny. Move on. What other "dumb antics" are you referring to?

Moreover, I find it hard to beleive that, with a Super Bowl 10 days away and free agent chatter everywhere, this is actually a topic of conversation. Leave it to bitter Cowboys fans. From what I am reading and hearing about the disaster that is the Cowboys, Dallas-lovers have a lot more to be worried about that McNabbs grin.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Incorrect, sorry to say. He has been chastized in this town because of that "chit eating grin", mostly because he wears it whether the team is ahead or behind. The fans and talk shows berete him with "How in the world can he smile when he throws an incompletion or interception?", or, "How can he be grinning on the sidelines when they just lost?".

If you wanna criticize him for his lack of accuracy at times, his perceived lack of ability to come up big in big games (even though he is 9-6 in the playoffs, and went 3-1 in must-win games this year), then go ahead. But don't criticize him because he grins when he wins...Brett Favre jumps into the arms of lineman and sprints downfield when he wins, but its called exhuberance, and doesn't get criticized because its perceived as genuine. Was McNabb's phone incident poor judgement? Absolutely, but I give him a pass, because I am sure he was lost in the excitement of realizing they had just beaten the defending champs in their town. It obviously wasn't choreographed like some momos, since he couldn't realized he be near the Giants sidelines at that point in the game...it was in the moment, and it was a joke that ended up being not funny. Move on. What other "dumb antics" are you referring to?

Moreover, I find it hard to beleive that, with a Super Bowl 10 days away and free agent chatter everywhere, this is actually a topic of conversation. Leave it to bitter Cowboys fans. From what I am reading and hearing about the disaster that is the Cowboys, Dallas-lovers have a lot more to be worried about that McNabbs grin.

In general, I love antics like the phone bit. Just like I loved Horn's cell phone, TO's sharpie, and most of what Ocho was doing when he was actually scoring TDs. Oddly, Ray Lewis' pregame dance irritates the hell out of me.

Do you remember when Jimmy Johnson guarenteed the win in the Championship game against SF in SF ? SF and Boys fans have a lot of back and forths of success . Pretty much nothing lamer than us trashing each other about them now since we both suck :wacko:

I remember in happier days him and T.O doing a few Dog and Pony shows on the sidelines as well. I am not really worried about McNabbs grin to be honest with you. I personally havent done a tremendous amount of Philly slamming . The whole glass houses thing. I would rather my Cowboys get on track. I think Ray Lewis is just what we need . If we could just sign Rae Carruth next we will have a killer team next year.

In general, I love antics like the phone bit. Just like I loved Horn's cell phone, TO's sharpie, and most of what Ocho was doing when he was actually scoring TDs. Oddly, Ray Lewis' pregame dance irritates the hell out of me.

I do too...I htink it adds some color/fun to the game. But his timing of the antic (when the outcome was decided) smacked of him rubbing the Giants nose in it...wasn't his best moment. had it happened in the 1st quarter, it would have had lalmost no impact from a criticism-standpoint. Likely, he would have been criticized here in Philly for jkoing around when he should have been focused.

Do you remember when Jimmy Johnson guarenteed the win in the Championship game against SF in SF ? SF and Boys fans have a lot of back and forths of success . Pretty much nothing lamer than us trashing each other about them now since we both suck :D

Cowboys and Niners fans should be working with one another to coordinate how they will support one another when they can no longer claim that they are tied for the most Super Bowl wins. You've only got two weeks, so, you better prepare yourself. :wacko:

Do you remember when Jimmy Johnson guarenteed the win in the Championship game against SF in SF ? SF and Boys fans have a lot of back and forths of success . Pretty much nothing lamer than us trashing each other about them now since we both suck :wacko:

When the alternative is to think about whether Mark Sanchez or Shaun Hill should be behind center or which overpaid cancer you guys are going to bring in to crap all over Bum's little boy?

I say we fire up the way-back machine and have at it. :D

When the alternative is to think about whether Mark Sanchez or Shaun Hill should be behind center or which overpaid cancer you guys are going to bring in to crap all over Bum's little boy?

I say we fire up the way-back machine and have at it. :wacko:

:D

Cowboys and Niners fans should be working with one another to coordinate how they will support one another when they can no longer claim that they are tied for the most Super Bowl wins. You've only got two weeks, so, you better prepare yourself. :wacko:

That's OK, as soon as another team goes 5-0 in SBs, I'll start worrying about the Niners losing their bragging rights.

Besides, I can't root against the Steelers. They're too easy to like. I mean, if you like football, you have to like the Steelers on some level. I understand if you're a Browns or Ravens fan. Bengals fans, I suppose if such a thing exists. But I talk about this with my friends all the time. Usually when you don't have a dog in the fight, you find yourself rooting for them.

Unless you've been subjected to one to many Menudo poems, that is.

Cowboys and Niners fans should be working with one another to coordinate how they will support one another when they can no longer claim that they are tied for the most Super Bowl wins. You've only got two weeks, so, you better prepare yourself. :D

Well at least you didn't call the Steelers Americas Team. :wacko:

sincerely,

The 12 time world champion Green Bay Packers :D