[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kurt Warner for the HOF

muck

Career stats and rankings

Of note, all time rankings through Week 17 of 2008 (top ten rankings are in bold):

39th passes completed

59th passes attempted

38th passing yards

40th passing TDs

4th passer rating

79th passes intercepted

1st passing yards per game

5th passing yards per pass attempt

10th pass attempts per game

3rd passes completed per game

2nd pass completion percentage

46th pass interception percentage

Current awards:

Two NFL MVPs

One Lombardi Trophy

One NFL SB MVP

...if ARI wins the SB and he wins the SB MVP, what else (if anything) does Warner need to do to get in the HOF?

Edited by muck

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Career stats and rankings

Of note, all time rankings through Week 17 of 2008 (top ten rankings are in bold):

39th passes completed

59th passes attempted

38th passing yards

40th passing TDs

4th passer rating

79th passes intercepted

1st passing yards per game

5th passing yards per pass attempt

10th pass attempts per game

3rd passes completed per game

2nd pass completion percentage

46th pass interception percentage

Current awards:

Two NFL MVPs

One Lombardi Trophy

One NFL SB MVP

...if ARI wins the SB and he wins the SB MVP, what else (if anything) does Warner need to do to get in the HOF?

Nothing.

Isn't he already the first QB to bring two different franchises to the SB? He would certainly be the first to win it with two different teams. I think that would about guarantee it.

A couple of months ago, I thought that he was unlikely to get in. But I think that yesterday was the tipping point. Two really good seasons in ARI, a brilliant performance in the playoffs, and taking that lowly franchise to the SB (even if they don't win) should garner him enough votes.

And I'm glad that he earned it on the field, rather than getting in via "nice guy" sympathy votes.

Isn't he already the first QB to bring two different franchises to the SB? He would certainly be the first to win it with two different teams. I think that would about guarantee it.

Yes I don't think he needs to be MVP.

I think he deserves some consideration. First time ballot type of guy.........probably not.

I do think that if a player like Warner was to get in then players like Terrell Davis have just as much of an arguement.

Technically, Earl Morrall led 2 different teams to the superbowl (Baltimore + Miami) though Warner is a little different in that he was the starter all year for both of his squads.

And Jim McMahon has Super Bowl rings from 2 different teams, though he started in only 1 of them.

I think he deserves some consideration. First time ballot type of guy.........probably not.

I do think that if a player like Warner was to get in then players like Terrell Davis have just as much of an arguement.

:wacko: You maybe can apply a Sayers argument to TD, but TD couldn't stay healthy nearly as long as Warner has, and Warner wasn't a rook until he was 27 or 28. Not even close.

And Jim McMahon has Super Bowl rings from 2 different teams, though he started in only 1 of them.

Plus, one other QB did get super bowl rings but didn't start:

Jeff Rutledge, QB - New York Giants (XXI), Washington (XXVI)

But anyways...if Warner does get a ring this year and a SB MVP, I'd sure vote for him.

Edited by Trojanmojo

And neither one of the teams were any good before he got there, and neither of the teams were/will be any good after he leaves.

It's a pretty remarkable accomplishment, really.

Negative. League MVP is a regular-season award and he put up weak performances in big games down the stretch.

Manning certainly didn't deserve it either. One can make the argument that the NFL MVP should have gone to Harrison(Pitt) this year...because without him, they would have not been anywhere near the AFC championship. JMHO.

Note that he is:

971 passes completed away from being in the top 10 for his career

2,048 pass attemptes away from being in the top 10 for his career

11,961 yards away from being in the top 10 for his career

80 passing TDs away from being in the top 10 for his career

Much of that can happen with one very good year and two 'above average' years...and, personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see ARI give him a new two or three year contract when the season is over.

Whatever happened to Brenda? When Kurt was on the Rams they showed her non-stop and she was on tv and everything. Kurt have her tied up at home away from the media now or something?

They have like seven or eight kids; I think it's a bit more difficult for them to get everyone to the games these days...or such is my guess...