[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin's antics

Puddy

I didn't see a thread on this.

Gotta say that I lost a lot of respect for Boldin watching him go crazy on the OC with the game still being decided. What are you Cards fans hearing? Seems like a big, unnecessary, selfish distraction when the team is doing so well.

Cardinals' Boldin bolts out back doorComment Email Print ESPN.com news services

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals used only one receiver on nine of their final 14 plays in the NFC Championship Game.

Boldin

Anquan Boldin was not that receiver.

Initial evidence suggests Boldin wasn't too happy with the situation.

As teammates streamed into the Cardinals' locker room after the 32-25 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Boldin was seen leaving out the back door.

The two-time Pro Bowler was asked if an NFC championship helped alleviate any ill feelings he had toward the team.

"That's not an issue," Boldin said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Like I told you guys at the beginning of the season, my main goal was to do this. I've come through with all of my promises. I fought. I gave my heart to this organization. It's paying off."

NFL.com Video

The Arizona Cardinals defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC Championship Game.

Late in the game, cameras showed Boldin arguing with offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline. Once the game ended, Boldin left the field quickly without celebrating.

In the locker room, Haley dismissed the sideline interaction as part of the game. He described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," Haley said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

Cameras also showed Haley and quarterback Kurt Warner in heated conversation, but Warner and Haley have a strong history.

Warner has even joked about spending so much time speaking with Haley that his wife has suspected the quarterback might be having an affair.

But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Boldin has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of

$4 million a year.

I'm sure it was a hard day for Boldin; he's slaved away on a crappy Cardinals team his entire career and now they're one game away and whose getting all the credit? Fitzgerald.

I'm not excusing the way he acted by any means, but I'm sure it was frustrating for him to watch.

I'm sure it was a hard day for Boldin; he's slaved away on a crappy Cardinals team his entire career and now they're one game away and whose getting all the credit? Fitzgerald.

I'm not excusing the way he acted by any means, but I'm sure it was frustrating for him to watch.

Yep, Boldin has slaved away for the Cardinals since the 2003 season and Fitzgerald has slaved away since 2004. Seniority right there.

I'm disappointed with Boldin's reaction. Can you be any less of a team player? Seriously? :D Don't get me wrong, I love me some Boldin/Fitzgerald double action :wacko: but you are going to the Super Bowl for f's sakes.

Yep, Boldin has slaved away for the Cardinals since the 2003 season and Fitzgerald has slaved away since 2004. Seniority right there.

I'm disappointed with Boldin's reaction. Can you be any less of a team player? Seriously? :D Don't get me wrong, I love me some Boldin/Fitzgerald double action :wacko: but you are going to the Super Bowl for f's sakes.

Boldin was out of line. Granted, he's frustrated by Fitz catching 3 TDs in the first half, but hey, concentrate on winning and going to the superbowl and then cry about being oppressed during the week. Here's hoping it was just an isolated incident and not the start of a devolution in the world of wasted talent ala Chad Johnson or team wrecking idiocy ala TOad.

Boldin was out of line. Granted, he's frustrated by Fitz catching 3 TDs in the first half, but hey, concentrate on winning and going to the superbowl and then cry about being oppressed during the week. Here's hoping it was just an isolated incident and not the start of a devolution in the world of wasted talent ala Chad Johnson or team wrecking idiocy ala TOad.

Like I said in the other thread, I hope Pitt forgets about the Cards secret weapon, Boldin. :wacko:

We can only guess about what went on there. If you could have your pick, would you rather have TO crying about it in the postgame news conference or Boldin stalking away quietly. Boldin's no prima donna. Maybe they were holding him back due to his injury and he was pissed about it because he wanted to play. Who knows?

I think this is much ado about nothing.

We can only guess about what went on there. If you could have your pick, would you rather have TO crying about it in the postgame news conference or Boldin stalking away quietly. Boldin's no prima donna. Maybe they were holding him back due to his injury and he was pissed about it because he wanted to play. Who knows?

I agree with you but they need to talk about something for the next 2 weeks don't they?

I don't think that it is nothing while your SB life is on the line and you are screaming at you OC while he is trying to do his job. I always liked Boldin but this makes me think twice about him. Not that it matters at all what I think about him.

I don't think you can really tell what Boldin is saying, but watching replays...seems Haley is repeating the same thing, "Don't call me that, Don't call me that". Three, four times it seems he yells that back at Boldin. Wonder what he called him. :wacko:

I'm going to disagree with "slaved away." I'm guessing poor Boldin is a millionaire from playing on a "crappy Cardinals team."

I don't think that it is nothing while your SB life is on the line and you are screaming at you OC while he is trying to do his job. I always liked Boldin but this makes me think twice about him. Not that it matters at all what I think about him.

In an interview on ESPN, he said that he didn't want his spat with the OC to overshadow the team's win. Warner was likewise screaming at Haley on the sideline at one point, too.

That tends to happen when someone is having perhaps the greatest playoff run of any WR.

Boldin needs to apologize. The fact that he left the field as soon as the game concluded is asinine. No excuse. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Breaston in for Boldin for the first few plays of the SB.

Two words.. Drew Rosenhaus

Dude's been in his ear all season long. Unfortunately Boldin has been listening and talking too much with his agent. Rosenhaus on the other hand has created another Chad Johnson and/or T.O.

Boldin has reason to be upset. And in all honesty he has the right to want more money. He did slave through the season. I mean dude took a few plates to the face without pain killers and came back 3 weeks later. Now battling hammy injuries. Meanwhile - he's still a top 10 WR, and yeah - he may be underpaid when compared to the other top WR's in the game.

My beef with Boldin. In the offseason he mentioned he wanted a new contract. Then he wanted to stop negotiations and be traded to a contender. Then.. It's about money again. My question is, why is money a concern now? It sure as hell wasn't when you signed a contract and accepted that fat signing bonus. This brings up another question. If Boldin feels that he's in the right, does that give Fits the right to go and bitch about his contract when Boldin signs a big dollar contract? You signed on the dotted line, now live up to your end of the bargain.

And if he still comes out and complains that it's not about money - then obviously it cant be about playing for a contender. Dude, you're in the superbowl. Make the best of it! You may never get there again. Shut up, Practice, and get out there and play one more game!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

From what I head on ESPN radio today, Boldin wanted to get in the game, but because in the 4th quarter, the Cards couldnt stop the pass rush/blitz, they brought in an extra tight end to block, and thus left Boldin on the sidelines.

Lets see

QB - Warner

RB - Edge

FB

OL X5

TE

Extra TE

Fitz

Well that is 11, with only 1 WR on the field.

Warner was likewise screaming at Haley on the sideline at one point, too.

First thing I thought of, too. Warner was in Haley's face on the sidelines and not a word of that. C'mon, guys, move along, nothing to see here... just ESPN et al looking for filler over the next two weeks.

Edited by msaint

First thing I thought of, too. Warner was in Haley's face on the sidelines and not a word of that. C'mon, guys, move along, nothing to see here... just ESPN et al looking for filler over the next two weeks.

Other than Warner celebrated with his teammates and Boldin left. I can't even phathom that.

Which is why he ran off the field at the conclusion of the game, sulking like a little bitch instead of celebrating the biggest win of this teams history.

Well said. And if he was such a "team" player he would have been celebrating one of the great underdog stories in sports history. The Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

You guys have it all wrong. He wasn't mad about Fitz getting his 3 td's, he was mad that Steve Breaston was put in for him late in the game because the OC said Boldin wasn't running like his usual self.

This is new information. But it makes sense. Boldin needs to take a page from Edge. Got the bitching out, now help your team play in the Super Bowl and be a man.