[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonder if they are using stick'em now?

DMD

Beat me to it by just a hair.

I do know that a lot of the WR's are using gloves that really grip the ball. I have seen these gloves up close and if I played in the nfl there is no way that I would play without them.

This is why I maintain that Don Hutson was a better WR than Rice. Not to mention how you could maul WRs back then all over the field, along w/other rule changes mentioned.

They are using something. I've noticed a lot of spamshirts are wrinkled up, especially the numbers. And they are stuck that way on every play. I think they are spraying guys with some sticky substance.

I admit I have sprayed sticky substance but never with guys. :wacko:

Carries per fumble

2000 103.6

2001 102.6

2002 105.5

2003 108.2

2004 112.4

2005 170.9

2006 126.1

2007 139.0

2008 161.1

Maybe more accurate - touches per fumble

2000 120.0

2001 118.2

2002 124.0

2003 124.1

2004 126.8

2005 190.6

2006 143.0

2007 158.2

2008 181.2

Isn't 2005 the year that Tiki learned how to carry the ball? That would explain '05 anyway. :D

I think these guys are getting stronger and learning better carrying techniques. Seriously, how many RBs/WRs aren't sporting a set of defined guns these days? OK maybe "guns" was the wrong word to use. :wacko:

Just thinking a bit outside of the box here, do you think the coaching strategies on the defensive side emphasized "stripping" the ball circa 2000 (I'm sure its always been taught, but just a little more at that time), and it's taken the offensive coaching a couple of years to catch up to counter the defense? The numbers just seem too far out of whack. I also like the post pointing out instant replay and possibly reversing a percentage of incorrect fumbles.

There's my $.02 worth