[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Switching to 3-4

He's only 3 lbs. heavier than Pace, if we want to go on what the teams are reporting.

That may be, but Pace also has a different frame than Kampman. I think Body type and how your weight is dispersed also makes a difference....Pace has hugh legs and arms....I am not sure Kampman has hugh legs....just saying...body makeup could be a determining factor.

RotoWire) New defensive coordinator Dom Capers said that Kampman will play outside linebacker in the new 3-4 scheme that the Packers intend to implement next season. Analysis: It will be interesting to see how Kampman adjusts to his new duties, but he may actually see some increase in value if he can handle the move.

RotoWire) New defensive coordinator Dom Capers said that Kampman will play outside linebacker in the new 3-4 scheme that the Packers intend to implement next season. Analysis: It will be interesting to see how Kampman adjusts to his new duties, but he may actually see some increase in value if he can handle the move.

Sorry RotoWire, but this is an incorrect statement, IMO. Kampman's a steady force at DL for fantasy teams. He may put up decent stats as a LB, but he'll have nowhere near the relative fantasy value. I wonder what the heck they were thinking by stating this. Maybe I'm way off base. :wacko:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/38980329.html

Harrell Could Move To End

Today, 02:27 PM

Packers DL Justin Harrell could move to defensive end in the team's new 3-4 defense. Harrell dealt with back problems last year and was pretty close to being cut. He may have found some new life with the move. He has the size to play the end position

Packers DL Justin Harrell could move to defensive end in the team's new 3-4 defense. Harrell dealt with back problems last year and was pretty close to being cut. He may have found some new life with the move. He has the size to play the end position

incorrect. Harrell will reinjure himself and not play at all this season.

incorrect. Harrell will reinjure himself and not play at all this season.

Note the key words. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

AJ Hawk to play inside on the strong side?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/articl...1/90222025/1058

From the article:

Coach Mike McCarthy said the 6-foot-1, 248-pound Hawk will play the more run- and power-oriented Mike linebacker, roughly the middle linebacker role that Barnett had when the Packers ran the 4-3. The 6-2, 236-pound Barnett will play the Will linebacker, where Hawk played most of the last three years.Hawk will have more responsibilities playing the run and blitzing in the new scheme, and less pure man-to-man coverage, which is the weaker part of his game.

Dicey proposition here. Hawk should have plenty of opportunity but his ability to shake blockers at the POA will be tested big time. I guess that it really depends on how Capers' scheme deals with the ROLB. If the ROLB frequently puts his hand down and Barnett slides over to WOLB, then Hawk should see true MLB looks.

Anyone else think that for FF purposes that both Barnett and Hawk will cancel each other out?

I still hold out hope that in preseason Bishop will get a chance to show what he can provide to the defense. I think with another year under his belt and playing time this last year - he can still be part of the puzzle with the new defense (hopefully a starting puzzle)