[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells rumor

tazinib1

When the Ross deal is finalized on the 27th of Jan., Parcells will have 30 days to exercise his out option. There is speculation that he could join his son-in-law in KC as a potential HC. Of course this is all rumor as most of the stuff we get at this time of the year is...but its good debate. I'm a huge Tuna fan and would HATE to see him take the reigns of the Chiefs.

Didn't Parcells agree to stay in Miami already?

LINK

Well sorta:

When asked why he wouldn't commit outright to staying, Parcells said experience taught him never to rule anything out. He said if something happened to change his mind, he'd "hate to be called a liar."

Alot can happen in 30 days.

I heard that rumor as well. That would be FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I need to do some research on this, but why would Parcells want to leave Miami?

According to what I heard Parcells was very "hands on" with the players, and it appeared to some that he still had the "itch" to coach. And if any coaching situation in the NFL would suit Parcells, it is thought that teaming up with his son in law in KC would be the most desireable for him.

According to what I heard Parcells was very "hands on" with the players, and it appeared to some that he still had the "itch" to coach. And if any coaching situation in the NFL would suit Parcells, it is thought that teaming up with his son in law in KC would be the most desireable for him.

Right, forgot about that Pioli connection. You think going to work with (or in some actuality, "for") your son-in-law is the best idea? I've fallen victim to nepotism in the workplace, and let's just say it doesn't always turn out roses.

Right, forgot about that Pioli connection. You think going to work with (or in some actuality, "for") your son-in-law is the best idea? I've fallen victim to nepotism in the workplace, and let's just say it doesn't always turn out roses.

Well, it certainly would be a bitch to try to fire you father in law. :wacko:

Yet another rumor regarding the coaching situation in KC...

Randy Covitz, of The Kansas City Star, reports NBC Sports analyst Cris Collinsworth expects Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to become the Kansas City Chiefs' next head coach. Collinsworth added that he believes Haley's value has risen this postseason. 'I think he'll be the coach in Kansas City,' Collinsworth said. 'I'm watching what's happening with all the (new) coaches, and we've seen some of the defensive coaches come off the board, and the one guy nobody is talking about that has surprised me, and it's because (the Cardinals) flew so far under the radar screen, was Haley. He's not under the radar screen anymore. The biggest winner who has come out of this run by the Arizona Cardinals has been Todd Haley.

Yet another rumor regarding the coaching situation in KC...

Gosh, that would suck for KC, in my opinion. I think Haley is "hot" because of what he has to work with. People thinking that Thigpen, Bowe and Gonzo are going to have bigger seasons than last year are going to be sorely mistaken.

Just read something in USA Today about Parcells staying in Miami. From what I read, it looks like he's staying there for sure. Of course, USA Today (just like any other media outlet) has been wrong before. I'd be shocked if he left.

Gosh, that would suck for KC, in my opinion. I think Haley is "hot" because of what he has to work with. People thinking that Thigpen, Bowe and Gonzo are going to have bigger seasons than last year are going to be sorely mistaken.

Just read something in USA Today about Parcells staying in Miami. From what I read, it looks like he's staying there for sure. Of course, USA Today (just like any other media outlet) has been wrong before. I'd be shocked if he left.

Ya' just couldn't give me 24 hours to dream could you guys? :wacko:

People thinking that Thigpen, Bowe and Gonzo are going to have bigger seasons than last year are going to be sorely mistaken.

Why do you think that Thigpen won't have a better season in 09? I think Bowe is a safe bet to top this years production as well. I agree with Gonzo, but I think you're off for the most part on this one.

Why do you think that Thigpen won't have a better season in 09? I think Bowe is a safe bet to top this years production as well. I agree with Gonzo, but I think you're off for the most part on this one.

Maybe I mis-stated exactly what I wanted to say. Thigpen is obviously going to have an overall better season next year seeing that he'll likely have the starting gig all season. But if people think they're going to get more out of those guys simply based on Haley coming in as the HC, it's of my opinion that they'll be disappointed. It's not really an incrimination on Thigpen, Bowe and Gonzo - in fact I think all three are pretty dang awesome - it's simply stating that Heley is likely over-rated and a product of a incredible set of studs on his offense.

I just refuse to post these rumors here, I'll wait until a decision is made and then I will react. At this point any coach is better than what we have, we're losing all the assistants so I'd imagine they know the writing is on the wall eventually. Pioli is waiting for some reason, either because the coach he wants is coaching in the Super Bowl or because he's waiting on Tuna to decide what he is going to do. I know one thing, there is no shortage in good coaches available and Pioli and Hunt would be fools to retain Herm with what is out there. I am glad they are taking their time with this.

Shannarat

Gruden

Holmgren

Cowher

Martz

Schottenheimer

Theres more I am forgeting but the bottom line is they are all better coaches than Herman.

While it seems farfetched, you must never forget that Parcells is a lying sack of shiat where it comes to his contracts. He screwed over just about ever team he was ever with in moving to his next gig. So just because he says he's staying in Miami doesn't make it so.