[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chucky

SLAYER

Anybody else hear this rumor? Talked to a guy today who is a die hard and knows some people within the Saints organization and word is around that Gruden has been offered an assistant DC job. they say it is his if he wants it.

Anybody else hear this rumor? Talked to a guy today who is a die hard and knows some people within the Saints organization and word is around that Gruden has been offered an assistant DC job. they say it is his if he wants it.

Off the cuff that wouldn't make much sense to me. He's supposedly an offensive guru. Did you mean OC, or assistant head coach?

Off the cuff that wouldn't make much sense to me. He's supposedly an offensive guru. Did you mean OC, or assistant head coach?

So sorry, assistant head coach & OC.

Got sidetracked then didn't proof read.

Edited by SLAYER

Gotcha - figured that was the case. There have been some rumors in ATL that if Mularkey (sp?) gets another shot at a HC gig Mike Smith might bring Chucky here. Personally, I don't see the guy's genius and I think he's an arse. He's as big of a prima-donna as any of his players could be. :wacko:

:D:wacko::D

Yeah b/c NO really needs some help for their struggling offense.

Brees could've broken Marino's record if only Gruden were there to predicate the offense on 2 yard out-routes to TEs and FBs.

As a FF owner... booo-urns!

As a Falcons homer... :D

Edited by kingfish247

While as a Saints supporter I would think that the addition of Chucky would be pretty sweet... I'm not sure it makes much sense. Isn't Sean Payton also regarded as an "offensive mind"? :wacko:

Agree here.

Gruden is also notorious for running a heavy West Coast Offense....

I'd be very suprised if this was true. Payton wouldn't give up his play-calling responsibilities.

Further clarification assistant HC & assistant OC, when I posted assiastant HC & OC I meant assistant for both.

I like the idea. He could reign in Sean when he wants to do stupid stuff. He could also bring to this team the attitude that is needed to win the big games that we have been losing the last few years. I see no reason the Saints should not be successful and Gruden may be the guy to stop allowing a very talented team to keep going 8-8!

Edited by tbimm

it makes sense if they're wanting to fire payton and give gruden the head job. that would be an upgrade IMO. doesn't make much sense as an assistant though.

I can also agree with this. I like Payton well enough but feel that Gruden would be a guy that could get this team over the mediocre hump!