[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herman Edwards...

Hat Trick

Ah crap!

The Chiefs have been in negotiations to land Mike Shanahan as their next coach and a deal is near, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Per ESPN

:wacko::D:D:D:D

Ah crap!

The Chiefs have been in negotiations to land Mike Shanahan as their next coach and a deal is near, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Per ESPN

:wacko::D:D:D:D

Shanahan is staying with the Jets. I think Todd Haley is the guy in KC.

Mike Shanahan is with the Jets????? I think you mean Schottenheimer.

lol...thanks for the catch. All these AFC West names gets me confused. Looks like the Chargers will be the only AFC West team coming back with there HC this year. SWEET!!!

I wonder who is going to get stuck with that crap bag next year? :wacko:

Classic post-dpearture vile. Sure, he didn't get it done in KC... but honestly, look what he had to work with. :D He may not be the right fit as a HC anywhere, but the guy knows football and I bet there are a handful of teams that will be all over him in some capacity.

Classic post-dpearture vile. Sure, he didn't get it done in KC... but honestly, look what he had to work with. :wacko: He may not be the right fit as a HC anywhere, but the guy knows football and I bet there are a handful of teams that will be all over him in some capacity.

But darin, he had a HUGE role in blowing this thing up and creating that roster. So he's not without blame on how that roster was compiled. One thing Carl Peterson did over his tenure was give his head coached a lot of say in what kind of talent they wanted to run their system. So Herm's fingerprints were all over that team.

But darin, he had a HUGE role in blowing this thing up and creating that roster. So he's not without blame on how that roster was compiled. One thing Carl Peterson did over his tenure was give his head coached a lot of say in what kind of talent they wanted to run their system. So Herm's fingerprints were all over that team.

That may be true - and probably is - and his next employer will certainly limit his ability to put fingerprints anywhere. Still, I think he'll make a capable assistant somewhere.

Schefter is saying Shanahan is not in negotiations with KC:

Despite rampant reports that the Chiefs are negotiating with former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan to replace Herm Edwards, they are not, sources said Friday.

The Chiefs never have made any contact with Shanahan — never. And there have been no contract negotiations.

So unless people I have known for years are blatantly lying to me, Shanahan will not be the next coach of the Chiefs. It’s not happening. People can keep talking as if it is, but it’s not. Shanahan will not be the coach of the Chiefs in 2009.