[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herman Edwards...

Hat Trick

I still like Todd Haley for the job.

Can the Chiefs even talk to Haley? You would think that Pioli would at least have some idea of what he was going to do when he dropped the ax on Herm. Haley is going to the Superbowl next week, wouldnt the Card organization have to give Haley permission to talk to other teams while he is under contract?

Can the Chiefs even talk to Haley? You would think that Pioli would at least have some idea of what he was going to do when he dropped the ax on Herm. Haley is going to the Superbowl next week, wouldnt the Card organization have to give Haley permission to talk to other teams while he is under contract?

Parcells was talking to other teams when he was in the super bowl with the pats, right?

Herm seems like a good guy, but, he can't seem to get it done as a head coach.

Yeah.... like that guy who was all friendly and then stole your Steelers jacket on that home game road trip you went on. Never trust anyone who constantly rants on and on about how honesty is the most important thing in life. Dead give away he's a lyin cheat. He is not a good guy. There is a sucker born every minute, and Menudo, welcome to the club.

Cowher's name is being thrown around again.

Why do people think Cowher is EVER coming back? Has he hinted he will? Wouldn't he consider anywhere other than Pittsburgh a downgrade and a danger to his legacy? Right now he looks very comfortable sitting in the studio.

Why do people think Cowher is EVER coming back? Has he hinted he will? Wouldn't he consider anywhere other than Pittsburgh a downgrade and a danger to his legacy? Right now he looks very comfortable sitting in the studio.

Oh he's coming back I have no doubt about that. As far as 2009 in concerned, I don't believe he will as he has already stated on CBS that the timing is not right for his return to the sideline. I think with the right situation, he could return in 2010. But if he WERE to return this year, this is the job I think he would jump on.

herm edwards will not be collecting unemployment after all...

Herm Edwards joins ESPN's NFL broadcast team

2009-01-29 13:36

NEW YORK (AP) -Herm Edwards is moving from the sideline to the studio.

Fired as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs last Friday, Edwards joined ESPN as an analyst, the network announced Thursday. He will appear on several ESPN television and radio programs starting next month.

``I'm excited about the opportunity to join the ESPN team and offer my insight as a former player and head coach,'' Edwards said in a statement. ``I'm going to be truthful with my opinions on all the issues that take place on and off the field of play.''

Edwards, who worked briefly at ESPN last offseason as a guest analyst, was fired after the worst two-year span in Chiefs history. He went 15-33 in three years with the Chiefs after going 41-44, including three playoff appearances, with the New York Jets from 2001-05.

``Herm is well-liked and highly respected throughout the league, and his insights and opinions as a former coach will make a tremendous addition to our year-round NFL coverage,'' ESPN executive vice president of production Norby Williamson said.