[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man do I feel weird today.

Skippy

I've got no last minute roster moves to set. No injury information to try to pick apart. No coin to flip over which third WR will have a better day. No pre-grame to sit and watch. No hurry up and get this or that done so that I can sit and watch football all day and night. Worst of all is that it is 11 outside right now and hitting the little white ball isn't even an option. Man, I don't know how people that don't work do it.

Hurry and get here 2/1/09!

Yep, after next weekend, it turns into the worst time of the year in sports. Unless your a hockey fan.

We have the combine, workouts and draft coming up, but nothing to set every week.

What is this hockey? You mean there are other sports?

Yep, after next weekend, it turns into the worst time of the year in sports. Unless your a hockey fan.

+1

I am a hockey fan, but nowhere near the same fan level as I am for football. January through March is hands down the worst time of year in general.

Edited by TDFFFreak

+1

I am a hockey fan, but nowhere near the same fan level as I am for football. January through March is hands down the worst time of year in general.

Except for March Madness and spring training. You feel spring and summer coming with baseball.

I'm a hugh draft guy, so this is one of my favorite times of the year. Senior Bowl, combine, draft day parties. Plus college basketball is right in the middle of conference schedules with the tournaments not far behind. After that, you got NBA playoffs and OTAs/minicamps starting up. :wacko:

+1

No way, college Bball conference games are great. March Madness is the most entertaining sporting event of the year.

No way, college Bball conference games are great. March Madness is the most entertaining sporting event of the year.

I really enjoy March Madness, but since I've done no pools the last several years and my responsibilities as a dad have grown, it doesn't quite do the job for me in terms of filling the so-so gap of January through March. It's really that first weekend of games that is great, and then I become less enamored with it unless a team of mine is still in.

Edited by TDFFFreak

January through March is hands down the worst time of year in general.

No way. January is the NFL playoffs. Then there's hockey and college B-ball.

The worst time of the year is from the end of the Stanley Cup finals until the NFL season begins. In between the only worthwhile thing to watch is PGA golf.

Meh. This season was one of my least favorites for one reason or another. Kinda happy to see it culminate... and lead into a great college hoops tourney, baseball and then the NFL draft.... and NBA hoops will keep my interest a bit too. August will be here before we know it, and I'm looking forward to the '09 NFL season.

Edited by darin3

Aside from draft coverage, I pay more attention to the soccer here in England. :wacko:

So how's Ipswitch doing? I was stationed at Bentwaters England (which was two hours south east of London, between Felixstow and Lowestoft) for two years and played for the City/Base team. They were kind enough to let a few of us practice with them and play in the scrimmages. I played football all my life and playing over there was the best. Loved the parties after the game at the local pubs and boy did they get us "yanks" hammered with that bitter and lager of yours. Not to mention the few to many "snake bites" that had me benched while everyone else was watching the match. I miss the intensity of the matches and the crowds are just unreal. I can easily say the crowds at a football pitch are No comparison to American football crowds as far as rowdness and 90 minutes of intensity and the non stop bellowing of the home town chants.

Don't get me wrong though I love my NFL and it's this time of year I get very bored. Your post makes me wish I was there mate. Especially after next weekend. :D

Edited by Cowboyz1

This is the first Sunday that I have not worked in about six months. I celebrated by sleeping until 12:30 PM
Similarly, I went to my church. They welcomed me, thanked me for coming as a first time guest, and gave me a "Welcome to our church" loaf of bread and literature. Maybe I should show up at least one more time during football season.

Got my boat all prepped up and ready to hit the lake...hello fishies!

Now THAT sounds like a plan. We just finished our late fall salmon run but didn't do so hot. The lakes are frozen in the mountains so it's time for some Ice fishin. We went last year and did pretty well. What do you fish for in your parts? We have everything from bass to a great Salmon and steelhead run in the Sac and Feather river but the trout are great in the Sierras.