[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leroy Hill arrested

Seahawks21

ESPN story

Does this officially take away Hill's status as a "Ruskell guy". This is kind of interesting. This time last year we were talking about Lofa Tatupu's DUI. Tatupu is one of the few players under Ruskell to survive an idiot move. Will Hill get a pass on this? This is made really interesting because Hill is Seattle's top FA. I really don't see Ruskell upping his long-term offer now. I don't even know if I see Ruskell franchising him now (8 million). Does this change the Seahawks pick at 4? Does this force their hand into taking OLB Curry from Wake Forest? What a dummy.

It's the off-season. It's his first (known) offense. He's not the only 24 yr old to be arrested in his possession of some dope (though being passed out behind the wheel seems a little excessive). I don't think it's particularly that big of a deal. There are Seahawks who beat up their girlfriends and show up to meetings drunk on the roster. Not to mention a play-by-play guy with multiple DUIs in the last three years.

Lofa got a free pass. I'd assume that Hill might have to do some mea culpas, but if the Seahawks don't pay him, someone else will. Someone else will also benefit from him as a real solid football player. If this is part of a cycle of behavior from Hill, where he's missing practices and underperforming in games, I'd be concerned. My impression is that the guy brings it week in and week out and this is an error in judgment.

It's the off-season. It's his first (known) offense. He's not the only 24 yr old to be arrested in his possession of some dope (though being passed out behind the wheel seems a little excessive). I don't think it's particularly that big of a deal. There are Seahawks who beat up their girlfriends and show up to meetings drunk on the roster. Not to mention a play-by-play guy with multiple DUIs in the last three years.

Lofa got a free pass. I'd assume that Hill might have to do some mea culpas, but if the Seahawks don't pay him, someone else will. Someone else will also benefit from him as a real solid football player. If this is part of a cycle of behavior from Hill, where he's missing practices and underperforming in games, I'd be concerned. My impression is that the guy brings it week in and week out and this is an error in judgment.

Interesting analysis. I highly doubt that Ruskell has anything less than a tremendous dislike for Josh Gordon and the users. He gets to decide where we spend the money, and knowing Ruskell, I wouldn't think he would spend it on a pothead. I don't know that this is something he would get cut over if he was under contract, but I don't seem them offering much money now, especially long term.

Interesting analysis. I highly doubt that Ruskell has anything less than a tremendous dislike for Josh Gordon and the users. He gets to decide where we spend the money, and knowing Ruskell, I wouldn't think he would spend it on a pothead. I don't know that this is something he would get cut over if he was under contract, but I don't seem them offering much money now, especially long term.

So he hates potheads, but has a soft spot in his heart for drunk drivers? Ruskell should be smart enough to know that tact would lose him a substantial degree of respect within the organization.

Interesting analysis. I highly doubt that Ruskell has anything less than a tremendous dislike for Josh Gordon and the users. He gets to decide where we spend the money, and knowing Ruskell, I wouldn't think he would spend it on a pothead.

So we can infer that his dislike of Josh Gordon is so great that he'd prefer people who beat up their girlfriends, drunk drivers, and individuals who show up to practice and meetings drunk? He's turned a blind eye to a number of things in the past and if you're basing Hill's arrest on a similar infraction that Jerramy Stevens was involved with during his free agent off-season, I suggest you compare the rap sheets and on-field performance. Since you know Ruskell, what kind of person is he who would draw such an insidious line in the sand?

Statements from Hill and Ruskell.

"I want to apologize to my family, my teammates, the Seahawks organization and fans. I am embarrassed by the incident Saturday morning and the poor judgment I showed. Please understand my actions were not consistent with the type of person I hope to become."

-- Leroy Hill

"Any time anybody in our family gets in trouble or gets arrested, it feels like a punch in the gut. We are a team always striving for good, consistent character, so it is disappointing when something like this happens. However, we will never stop trying to be better."

-- Tim Ruskell

Statements from Hill and Ruskell.

"I want to apologize to my family, my teammates, the Seahawks organization and fans. I am embarrassed by the incident Saturday morning and the poor judgment I showed. Please understand my actions were not consistent with the type of person I hope to become."

-- Leroy Hill

"Any time anybody in our family gets in trouble or gets arrested, it feels like a punch in the gut. We are a team always striving for good, consistent character, so it is disappointing when something like this happens. However, we will never stop trying to be better."

-- Tim Ruskell

I say Hill's a good guy that made a mistake. Give him another chance.

If he was under contract, I don't think this would be enough to get him cut, but I'm sure he is asking for a lot of years and a lot of money. It would kind be opposite of Ruskell's "principles" to announce a big money deal a few weeks after this kind of arrest, especially at a position that is relatively easy to fill. I don't know. I guess they can always franchise him, but that is quite a big chunk of change for a team with more holes than cap space.