[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the next coach for KC?

fingfootball

At this point it looks like Shanahan and Cowher are sitting out in 2009. Im thinking that it is either going to be Todd Haley or they might put Chan Gailey in there as a temporary deal until next season in hopes of landing Cowher or maybe permanently.

What say you all?

...as long as it's not Kirk Farentz...

Maybe I shouldn't say that.

:wacko:

I've seen you bash this guy over and over. I know nothing about him as I don't watch college ball. I do remember a few years back reading on a couple Vikings message boards that some of the Minnesota fans liked him and hoped he'd be considered to coach up there. :D

I've seen you bash this guy over and over. I know nothing about him as I don't watch college ball. I do remember a few years back reading on a couple Vikings message boards that some of the Minnesota fans liked him and hoped he'd be considered to coach up there. :wacko:

...just not really a fan of bringing in a coach from the college ranks when there are so many good assistants, coordinators and former head coaches who are available...

...just not really a fan of bringing in a coach from the college ranks when there are so many good assistants, coordinators and former head coaches who are available...

So you'd rather have a retread than fresh blood. Does that make Marty worth a second tour of duty?

Sources point to T Haley although I don't see what all the hype is about.. He's the offensive cordinator of the Cardinals. He's got a hall of fame QB and 2 hall of fame WR's. Russ Grimm has turned around that O line to give Warner more time to find his studs.. THIS IS NOT AT ALL A KNOCK ON HALEY OR THE CHIEFS.

Maybe it will work out.

I'm pretty sure its gonna be Todd Haley.

Sources point to T Haley although I don't see what all the hype is about.. He's the offensive cordinator of the Cardinals. He's got a hall of fame QB and 2 hall of fame WR's. Russ Grimm has turned around that O line to give Warner more time to find his studs.. THIS IS NOT AT ALL A KNOCK ON HALEY OR THE CHIEFS.

Maybe it will work out.

More news on Haley possibly going to the Chiefs...

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/653

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that the Cards' Asst HC/OL coach isn't getting some attention.

The more I think about it, I think it's Grimm.

Haley just doesn't fit the profile. Too demonstrative for a Pioli hire. And Grimm is off the Cowher tree, so to speak, and would know how to build a team from the lines out.

If I'm a betting man, it's Grimm.

Haley just doesn't fit the profile. Too demonstrative for a Pioli hire. And Grimm is off the Cowher tree, so to speak, and would know how to build a team from the lines out.

+1

I haven't seen his name mentioned yet but he sounds like a good choice.

Related to this, I was IM'mg with Carl (thehuddle's tech support, not Peterson) yesterday, and we discussed that either (i) Clark Hunt has hired someone who is not coaching in the Super Bowl and has too much respect for the NFL to announce whomever it is before the Super Bowl or (ii) we're going to hire someone who's coaching this weekend and can't announce anything until next week anyhow.

Personally, I think it's going to be a defensive-minded person / fat-guy minded person. Grimm would fit the latter of the two options.

...regardless, we'll know soon enough...

either (i) Clark Hunt has hired someone who is not coaching in the Super Bowl and has too much respect for the NFL to announce whomever it is before the Super Bowl or (ii) we're going to hire someone who's coaching this weekend and can't announce anything until next week anyhow.

I agree with this. I would think that the NFL would frown upon teams taking hype/attention away from the upcoming Super Bowl. I was kinda surprised (not really) that Oakland leaked information about Cable this week.

Maybe it will work out.

But what if his HOF QB was in KC?

Ten Reasons Kurt Warner Will Sign with Kansas City

Interesting.

Maybe Boldin will come too, and we could get a fat guy for one of the lines instead of Crabtree.

...that said, adding a guy like Crabtree, while not at the top of my list, could be a great idea...despite the fact that generally I think drafting underclass WRs in the first round (especially at the top of the first round) is a really dumb idea...

The Chiefs are expected to formally interview Cardinals OC Todd Haley about their head-coaching vacancy this week.

Haley is so widely expected to get the job that multiple minority candidates have turned down interview offers, which GM Scott Pioli still needs to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Pioli should be able to come up with a minority coach from somewhere, but it won't be someone who takes the interview seriously.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

This rule should be stricken as proof positive it does not work as intended.

I would think, if anything, Haley's stock would have dropped a tad after the SB. Suspect play-calling. [ArmchairQB] He/they waited wayyyy too long to hit PIT with the no-huddle [/ArmchairQB]. If they go no-huddle to start the second half, or even toward the end of the first, they win that game, IMO.

Edit to quietly backtrack: then again, his offense did put up 400+ yards on the #1 D in the land, so that's something...:wacko:..maybe I just think that we're always too quick to anoint the next coaching "genius" after one solid year of offense/defense.

Edited by msaint

maybe I just think that we're always too quick to anoint the next coaching "genius" after one solid year of offense/defense.

...especially those with arguably four potential HOF skill position players ...

Edgerrin James -- four years over 1500yds rushing; over 15,000yds from scrimmage including over 12,000yds rushing

Larry Fitzgerald -- three years over 1400yds receiving

Anquan Bolding

Kurt Warner