[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Menudo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a pickle emotionally about this game.

The Steelers were my second favorite team growing up, of course the heehawks were number one. So I have followed them throughout the years. Obviously my feelings changed a tad following super bowl in 2005 (no need to expand on that one).

The Cardinals have always been a door mat team for me. Perennial loosers, and an overall weak franchise. Then the heehawks move to the NFC west and the Cards are instant rivalries. Of course, this year, they make the heehawks look silly and march to the top of the division. They improbably beat Atlanta, Carolina, and Philly and are now sitting in a position the heehawks were in only a few short years ago. With an opportunity to win a Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history. Wow, what a turnaround.

Now the table is set, who do I root for?

Well, I'm going to pull a Holmgren and root for the division rival Arizona Cardinals. Mainly because Kurt Warner has been one of my favorite NFL players and the kicker...plus I put $ on Ariz +7, the over, and the parlay. :wacko:

Honestly tho, good luck to both teams and I hope a great game is played.

I would have also deferd. You have to think that all the players are going to be very uptight.

arizona has a very high powered offense. i think they would have been in a better position to try to get up early and slowly force pitt to be more predictable later in the game

It prolly won't hold but in the FFTOC for the superbowl I am in 1st place out of about 1400 teams right now as I am clinging to a small lead.

I have 41 pts, 2nd place has 38.5 pts. I also have a 2nd team in 15th place with the same players except at QB

I have Warner on the 1st place team and Roeth on the 15th place team

I have Parker, James, Boldin, Ward, Holmes, Miller and Reed

To win 1st place I think I need

James > Hightower and Moore

Reed > Rackers

Ward > Fitz

Holmes > Fitz

It's a logshot but you never know they might keep Fitz down...I can only hope

Of course Bolden tackled at the 1 earlier hurt bad as only 5% of the teams have Boldin

I am hopeful but I am guessing something will go wrong in around the 4th Quarter

NFL needs to change that rule....Why does a team get penalized for refs mistakes...the rule should be this...as long as your challenge is succesful then you keep getting another one. So yes Arizona gets a 3rd right now but if they are forced to use it then if they are right they should actually get a 4th and a 5th ect if they keep getting it right. Stupid rule to say you only get 3 max.