[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the truth about kurtis and brenda

tonorator

:wacko:

I'm as cynical and irreverent as the next person. Well, I suppose as long as I'm not standing next to squeegie. None the less, I've never hidden the fact that I'm no fan of organized religion and rightly point to the litany of hypocrites and false prophets that contaminate it. However, it's pretty hard not to be impressed by those who truly and genuinely live their lives this way. Like other athletes, Warner makes a big deal about his god, but for some reason it doesn't bother me so much because he doesn't seem to hold it over you like a badge. Further, you don't then hear about him being an a-hole the very next week.

He loves his god and honors his god by being a humble and good person. I mean, assuming this story is true. But even on the field, he understood he was in AZ to mentor Leinart, he was cool with that. Then it seemed that Leinart sucked, so he stepped up and took care of business. Again, what's not to like? Unless you don't like being reminded that there are people less selfish, more hard working, or kinder than yourself? I've certainly come to grips with that fact and would prefer to draw inspiration from this sort of thing.

Now, likely this guy is predisposed to just doing the right thing and didn't need his faith to tell him to be cool to Brenda's kids, etc. Certainly an agnostic like myself would be inclined to believe so. On the other hand, maybe it's his faith that drives him to, not only be mostly good, but damned near always good. Good for him and that's a lucky thing for those around him.

Edited by detlef

I'm as cynical and irreverent as the next person. Well, I suppose as long as I'm not standing next to squeegie. None the less, I've never hidden the fact that I'm no fan of organized religion and rightly point to the litany of hypocrites and false prophets that contaminate it. However, it's pretty hard not to be impressed by those who truly and genuinely live their lives this way. Like other athletes, Warner makes a big deal about his god, but for some reason it doesn't bother me so much because he doesn't seem to hold it over you like a badge. Further, you don't then hear about him being an a-hole the very next week.

He loves his god and honors his god by being a humble and good person. I mean, assuming this story is true. But even on the field, he understood he was in AZ to mentor Leinart, he was cool with that. Then it seemed that Leinart sucked, so he stepped up and took care of business. Again, what's not to like? Unless you don't like being reminded that there are people less selfish, more hard working, or kinder than yourself? I've certainly come to grips with that fact and would prefer to draw inspiration from this sort of thing.

Now, likely this guy is predisposed to just doing the right thing and didn't need his faith to tell him to be cool to Brenda's kids, etc. Certainly an agnostic like myself would be inclined to believe so. On the other hand, maybe it's his faith that drives him to, not only be mostly good, but damned near always good. Good for him and that's a lucky thing for those around him.

True, but i guess all that means is she was quasi-attractive all along, but her former hairstyle did her no favors to her appearance.

Having a healthy rack that was previously unknown goes a long way, too...

funny to read these posts back to back ... quite a contrast.

Worse than those who actually want to hear professional athletes talk about things other than their sports are those who listen to such media coverage/stories and actually think they know the athletes.

right, as opposed to your well-reasoned and throroughly informed dislike of him. :wacko:

As if you have to "know" people to be annoyed by them. :D

Kurt Warner may be the greatest human being on the face of the planet. He may not. We don't know. I just know that I personally don't like him. Doesn't say anything about what kind of person he is.

As if you have to "know" people to be annoyed by them. :wacko:

Kurt Warner may be the greatest human being on the face of the planet. He may not. We don't know. I just know that I personally don't like him. Doesn't say anything about what kind of person he is.

Says a lot about you though. You don't know the guy and the only thing you do know about the guy is that he is very devout and seemingly walks the walk. Doesn't exactly sound like a very good reason not to like someone.

Oh, and btw, I don't pretend to know him. However, from what I've read, his story seems to be rather inspirational and he seems to be a genuinely good guy. Maybe the entire story is a load of crap. If so, too bad. It's not like I have a poster of him or anything and, as a Niner fan, have never rooted for him on the field because he was either a Ram or a Card.

However, based on what I've heard, I'd think myself rather bitter and pathetic were I to dislike him.

Edited by detlef

Says a lot about you though. You don't know the guy and the only thing you do know about the guy is that he is very devout and seemingly walks the walk. Doesn't exactly sound like a very good reason not to like someone.

Oh, and btw, I don't pretend to know him. However, from what I've read, his story seems to be rather inspirational and he seems to be a genuinely good guy. Maybe the entire story is a load of crap. If so, too bad. It's not like I have a poster of him or anything and, as a Niner fan, have never rooted for him on the field because he was either a Ram or a Card.

However, based on what I've heard, I'd think myself rather bitter and pathetic were I to dislike him.