[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Gateway Beer

Puddy

I remember the first non-American beer I tried was a Canadian beer called Special Export. that awakened my taste buds to find something better than Bud/Coors/MGD. A buddy of mine hung out with this guy whose father was starting his own micro back in the late 70s-80's. We'd go to the weekend taste testing and get hammered on St. Stan's Amber, Dark, and then Fest. This experience solidified my taste for finding those great craft beers.

That was an American beer made by Pabst.

It's a tasty beer none the less (at least I recall thinking so at the time) and was among my early upgrades as well because it was still pretty inexpensive.

i started drinking michelob and lowenbrau when i was about 11 or 12. never had a tast for heinekin. high school we drank a lot of mgd and coors light. college... fraternity parties were mostly kegs of coors light and keystone. being so close to mexico, we had a lot of corona, medelo, dos XX, pacifico, etc. that is when a roommate and i started buying more foreign bier to actually "compare" them. we would by about 4-5 new biers a week and we were all over the map.

for my wife..... she didn't like bier until our first trip to germany.

i think the ones that raised my eyebrows in college were chimay, whitbread, harp, and bass.