[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Arizona had won the game, who would have been the MVP?

Skippy

This is an honest question.

Do you think it would have been Fitz for what he did in the 4th? Boldin went under the radar but had a pretty decent game. The pick sort of kills Warner who in my opinion did not have a very good game until the 4th. No one of the defense stood out that much to me at this point.

I guess it would have had to be Fitz. :wacko:

I agree with Bear, I think Warner was the best player yesterday. 375 and 3 tds vs Pitt is better then anyone did against them all year.

Over Fitzgerald for the Cards side, as he made a bunch of plays himself at the end to help Warner's numbers?

Edited by Big John

I think Warner should have gotten MVP even though they lost...it's a shame they only give it to a player on the winning team now.

+1

Even Harrison's pick wasn't a poor throw...it was a short slant, and Warner had to release it within 1-2 seconds. Now way he could have made that read on the DL dropping into coverage. On that particualr play, give the defense credit...it was an excellent call.

I think Warner should have gotten MVP even though they lost...it's a shame they only give it to a player on the winning team now.

I think Holmes was deserving of the MVP considering the outcome, Ben IMO is 4th behind Fitz / Warner even though they lost. Had the Card's won, it would be a toss up between Warner and Fitz. I can't really justify one over the other, Warner probably gets the nod though.

Are you leaving Harrison out on purpose? I am not saying that you need him in there but I am just wondering.

No. Was on a conference call when I was typing. Forgot about him...

Warner

Fitz

Harrison

Holmes

Roethlisberger

The thing about MVP's in all sports, whether season or game, is that while it should be a "full" award, meaning full game / full season...but usually comes down to "what have you done for me lately". Baseball is the worst, in that a hot September can overwhelm 5 months of great play.

In this case, (just pretend the Holmes TD was picked for instance), it's a bit odd in that the two likely guys both were pretty quiet early and exploded at same time. I think Warner would have gotten it, but co-MVP's would have been deserved. Hard to go for 2nd most yds ever in an SB and not get it if win the game, but the reason for the win would have been Fitz coming alive.