[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sad State of Existence

kpholmes

From Jerry McDonald's Column

Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald caught 30 passes for 546 yards and seven touchdowns in four games to lead all receivers in the postseason.

Johnnie Lee Higgins caught 22 passes for 366 yards and four touchdowns to lead all Raiders receivers in the 16-game regular season.

It’s true the Raiders could have had Fitzgerald at No. 2 overall, instead opting for Iowa tackle Robert Gallery. Arizona selected Fitzgerald with the next pick.

But the way I heard it, the Raiders had no intention of taking Fitzgerald that high because if they went with a receiver at No. 2, the pick would have been Roy Williams of Texas. Williams went to Detroit at No. 7.

I don't know what's worse... the comparison between Firzgerald's post season numbers and Higgins' regular season numbers, knowing we could have had Fitzgerald, or knowing we could have had Fitzgerald and would have blown it anyways...

Hindsight does not suit the Raiders well...

:wacko:

I'm incredibly well aware of my team's reality, and their lack of potential.

We can't even hire a coach.

You're out of your mind.

We are perfectly capable of hiring a 3rd rate, cast-off, never-coached-before hack a day after the draft. Which, by the way, puts us in perfect position to spend 65 million on a kid who has zero chance of making a long or short term impact on anything besides our ability to resign quality players (the few we have).

duh.

I'm incredibly well aware of my team's reality, and their lack of potential.

We can't even hire a coach.

I'll bet you could if Al took a backup role. Stiffing Shanahan and Kiffin doesn't help.

If Al hired people to run the football operation :wacko::D

Never mind.

You're out of your mind.

We are perfectly capable of hiring a 3rd rate, cast-off, never-coached-before hack a day after the draft. Which, by the way, puts us in perfect position to spend 65 million on a kid who has zero chance of making a long or short term impact on anything besides our ability to resign quality players (the few we have).

duh.

Where should I send my resume.....

According to the National Football Post, the Raiders are expected to name Ted Tollner as offensive coordinator and John Marshall as defensive coordinator.

Tollner, 68, was recently fired as 49ers quarterbacks coach. He has had short stints as coordinator in San Diego, San Francisco, and Detroit without much success. Marshall, 63, has been the Seahawks defensive coordinator for the past three seasons.

Source: National Football Post

Nice hire in Marshall. But Tollner???? Good grief....if there were any doubt about owning a Raider, this puts it to bed for good. Ok MAYBE Zach Miller in heavy PPR TE leagues. Tollner....lol...thats awesome!!!

Nice hire in Marshall. But Tollner???? Good grief....if there were any doubt about owning a Raider, this puts it to bed for good. Ok MAYBE Zach Miller in heavy PPR TE leagues. Tollner....lol...thats awesome!!!

What a depressing topic. I so changed my avatar picture to tell you what kind of state I am in as a Raider fan. Yes, a depressed Storm trooper! Does it get any worse then that!

What a depressing topic. I so changed my avatar picture to tell you what kind of state I am in as a Raider fan. Yes, a depressed Storm trooper! Does it get any worse then that!

:wacko: And Dr. Love is a Lions fan with his avatar of a storm trooper getting jiggy.

Maybe you need Al Davis in a nursing home or somewhere he can't meddle anymore.