[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Millen crushed by Detroit TV

Chavez

I think Millen's credibility as an analyst might be shot.

Matt Millen, fired by the Detroit Lions in September after seven forgettable seasons as team president, served as an analyst during NBC’s Super Bowl pregame show on Sunday, and the local television station made the most of the appearance.

Each time Millen showed up on-screen during the broadcast, WDIV in Detroit - the city’s NBC affiliate - ran the following crawl across the bottom of the screen: “Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports? ...”

The offending clip.

“Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports? ...”

:wacko:

Why wasn't NBC smart enough to figure this out?

we get the Detroit feed where i'm at and everyone at our superbowl gathering thought it was hysterical.

hey, if the Lions organization doesn't want to clean things up, then maybe embarrassing them until they do is called for.

Edited by rebdog

“Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports? ...”

Why wasn't NBC smart enough to figure this out?

and why did it take detroit so long?!?!?

on the one hand, I'm surprised that an affiliate would do that!

on the other, it's rather reasonable. I was shocked that NBC would do that. When they introduced him, they talked about his playing career and I found it interesting that they didn't mention one word about him destroying a franchise.

Sir I believe in our current society, there's not much to be shocked about anymore. :D