[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The Hardest Job In Football"

kingfish247

I hope this wasn't posted yet but I thought it was interesting so here it is...

:wacko:

Cutbacks at CBS have reduced what Fish has to work with in regular-season games. There are the three primary cameras, positioned on platforms at the mezzanine level, peering down over the sideline. These are set 30 yards apart, with camera two in the middle over the 50-yard line. Before each snap of the ball, Fish designates which camera operator will cover the action—generally the one closest to the ball—and the other two operators move their cameras to specific assignments. (One may focus on the defense, for instance, while the other isolates the far receiver.) Camera four is high behind the eastern end zone, and on each play, it frames the middle of the offensive line and then follows the ball, providing another high angle on the action for replay purposes. Camera five sits on a rolling platform behind the visiting bench and moves on a track from one end of the field to the other, giving a field-level view of the action. It is usually positioned about five yards ahead of the line of scrimmage, but when the offense is in the “red zone” (that is, inside the opposing team’s 20-yard line), it sits even with the goal line to provide a clear look at whether the ball crosses over for a touchdown.

Chad Johnson is the typical attention craved, millionaire NFL star but the obliviousness of Gumbel and Dierdorf in an interview is priceless...

Dierdorf and Gumbel pounced on the name change.

“What do you do when somebody goes, ‘Oh, there’s Chad Johnson!’ How do you respond to that?” Dierdorf asked.

Johnson just shrugged and smiled.

“Do you say, ‘No, that’s not my name anymore’?”

“No,” Johnson said, shaking his head with disbelief. “I’m not that serious about it, man.”

“What do you want us to call you tomorrow?” Dierdorf asked.

“It’s on you.”

“It’s your life,” Dierdorf said. “Your name.”

“Hey, it’s not that serious!” Johnson protested, dismayed at having to explain the joke. “Call me Chad.”

“Did you have your credit cards and driver’s license changed?” Gumbel asked.