[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think my pee may taste better than...

darin3

We talked about "gateway" beers, and I'm sure we've probably hashed out our favorites... but have we discussed what beers make you want to hurl?

Well, I just picked up a 6er of MGD 64, and I'm contemplating finishing one and taking the remaining 5 back to 7-11.

It's that bad.

Really.

Just man up, take the extra 40ish calories per beer and have a Miller Light or Amstel Light (I think they're both right around 110 calories).

Wow, this stuff is putrid.

For the record, I also find beers in green bottles (Heineken mainly) to be far too skunky. But I'd much rather have that skunky junk than this piss. :wacko:

OK 3 MGD 64's in and it tastes slightly better. Very slight. And it's offering an odd buzz. Just a tiny one, but uhh... Yes, I know... only 3 beers. Haven't eaten much all day and I'm a lightweight (softball anyone?) these days. :wacko:

I'll report back after all 6 are toast.

Alright, all six are gone. Uh. My pee is so clear that I turned away from the can, thinking I was done, and I umm... wasn't. Whoops.

But really, this beer is horrendous. If you haven't tried it yet, don't. Trust me, I like swill beer and this stuff makes me want to jump off a cliff.

Alright, all six are gone. Uh. My pee is so clear that I turned away from the can, thinking I was done, and I umm... wasn't. Whoops.

But really, this beer is horrendous. If you haven't tried it yet, don't. Trust me, I like swill beer and this stuff makes me want to jump off a cliff.

I've never found 64 to be "horrendous" - I tend to describe it as "insubstantial." No flavor, no buzz.

Because hey, it's got fewer carbs and calories....and less alcohol. Why? Because all they did was ADD WATER. Genius.

MGD is my beer of choice. About a month ago, the sportsbar I go to got a case of MGD 64 as a promotional tester. Usually when i come in the bar, the bartender grabs my MGD and a shot of Goldshlager and has it sitting at the bar as I sit. On this occasion, he grabbed a 64 and gave that to me instead. Not noticing, I took my customary shot and swig of beer and almost spit it up. After seeing my reaction, the bartender said to me: "You were my last hope". I never saw that beer again.

I refuse to drink light beer on principle, but I have to say that we are starting to sell alot of 64 at the bar. Maybe it's marketing, but it's doing better than MGD light did by far and I've had many people say how much they like it.

MGD is my beer of choice. About a month ago, the sportsbar I go to got a case of MGD 64 as a promotional tester. Usually when i come in the bar, the bartender grabs my MGD and a shot of Goldshlager and has it sitting at the bar as I sit. On this occasion, he grabbed a 64 and gave that to me instead. Not noticing, I took my customary shot and swig of beer and almost spit it up. After seeing my reaction, the bartender said to me: "You were my last hope". I never saw that beer again.

I had no idea peeps still drank dat chit

cheap ass beers aside-bc I refuse to drink them anymore, it has always been Heineken for me - it tastes like piss and I have never understood the popularity and hype

I've never found 64 to be "horrendous" - I tend to describe it as "insubstantial." No flavor, no buzz.

Because hey, it's got fewer carbs and calories....and less alcohol. Why? Because all they did was ADD WATER. Genius.

Well, no flavor and no buzz = horrendous in my book. What other point is there to drinking beer? Taste, and a buzz. :wacko::D

I had no idea peeps still drank dat chit

cheap ass beers aside-bc I refuse to drink them anymore, it has always been Heineken for me - it tastes like piss and I have never understood the popularity and hype

:wacko: I've been a Goldschlager kid since at least 95' and I have a good story 'bout it. Wanna hear it? Here is goes.....

2-3 years ago I had what I thought was an ulcer. I mean my innards were in so much pain I couldn't sleep at night. So I went to the doctor and told him I thought I had an ulcer. After prodding,pushing and squeezing my gut, he told me he would like me to do a chalk test? (Chargerz? not sure of the technical term here). So I drank this white chalky crap and after awhile he pulled up this monitor and showed me my innards. Seems this white chalky crap makes them stand out so you can see the organs. Well my small intestine had a greyish lining and he asked me if I drank Goldschlager. I said yes and he showed me the result of a long buildup of gold. Seems the body doesn't digest it too well, if at all. I was told to stop drinking the stuff but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I love it and I have a "I wanna be a Goldschlager T-shirt" to prove it.

Well, no flavor and no buzz = horrendous in my book. What other point is there to drinking beer? Taste, and a buzz. :wacko::D

I've had some HORRID tasting beers (like, say, Moosehead). Those may or may not give a buzz, but I'd never know because I can't choke down more than one of the damn things.

No flavor + no buzz puts it near the bottom, but not AT the bottom.

On draft, Pilsner Urquell is exactly as you say.

In bottles, it's skunky piss water.

I think it depends. The skunk taste results from the beer being "light-struck." If the beer is fresh and/or stored inside cardboard (ie.12 pacs), which minimizes exposure to light, Urquell can be pretty damn tasty in a bottle.

You're actually partially right. While it is brewed in Czech Republic (Bohemia), it is, I believe, a "German/Bavarian style" pilsner lager.

Pilsner Urquell is directly translasted as "Original Pilsner". It is from the Plzen region of Czecholand (whatever it's called now), so I doubt it's style would be anything other than it's own. Why would they call it original and name it after the place where it's from if it was supposed to be German style? I mean... that's like saying Millewaukee's Best is an Argentinian Pale Ale! WTH!!!! ZOMFG!!!!

PWND!

Pilsner Urquell is directly translasted as "Original Pilsner". It is from the Plzen region of Czecholand (whatever it's called now), so I doubt it's style would be anything other than it's own. Why would they call it original and name it after the place where it's from if it was supposed to be German style? I mean... that's like saying Millewaukee's Best is an Argentinian Pale Ale! WTH!!!! ZOMFG!!!!

PWND!

Don't open up the can of whoop-ass unless you wanna get smacked with some. When it was first brewed, it was in Bohemia, a region of the Austrian Empire. Bohemia's official language? That's right... German. Urquell is a German word. See, I can use Wikipedia just like you. :wacko:

Don't open up the can of whoop-ass unless you wanna get smacked with some. When it was first brewed, it was in Bohemia, a region of the Austrian Empire. Bohemia's official language? That's right... German. Urquell is a German word. See, I can use Wikipedia just like you. :wacko:

To my credit, I learned it from "Three Sheets" when they visited the Czech Republic... not Wikipedia.

I miss that show. I heard Spike or Travel Channel were going to pick it up after the Mojo network went teets up, but so far no new episodes.

http://www.mojohd.com/mojoseries/threeshee.../czech_republic

Edited by AtomicCEO