[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Franchise list

Randall

The Saints placed the highest restricted free agent tender ($2.792 million) on G Jahri Evans and the lowest-possible tender on CB Leigh Torrance.

The Saints offered a second-round tender to restricted free agent WR Lance Moore.

Patriots franchise Matt Cassel

Cardinals franchise Karlos Dansby

Ravens franchise Suggs for another season

Chargers assign franchise tag to RB Sproles

Bucs place franchise tag on Antonio Bryant

Bengals franchise K Shayne Graham

Rams assigned the franchise tag to FS O.J. Atogwe.

P Michael Koenen, Atlanta

OT Max Starks Pittsburgh

CB Dunta Robinson Texans

LB Leroy Hill Seattle

DE Pepper's agent said he's been tagged

Titans placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on K Rob Bironas.

The Titans will place the franchise tag on free agent TE Bo Scaife by 1PM ET Thursday, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

Non exclusive-Brandon Jabobs-Giants.

Colts re-signed CB Kelvin Hayden to a five-year, $43 million contract. The deal includes $22.5 million in guarantees.

He would've been franchise tagged Thursday had this deal not been completed.

Edited by Randall

Ravens franchise Suggs for another season

Chargers assign franchise tag to RB Sproles

Bucs place franchise tag on Antonio Bryant

Titans placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on K Rob Bironas.

Jacobs, non-exclusive tag by Giants

Asomugha will be tagged by the deadline.

Al & Co are taking their time to organize finances... but you can count on it happening. All rumors coming out of Oakland are saying Al is leaning this way, and I would be completely shocked if it didn't happen.

Upon his announcement, look for Sands or Warren + Curry to be cut as well - all of which dramatically overpaid.

If both Sands and Warren are cut, I would put money on Al going DT in the 1st. Whispers around Oakland is he is more than happy with Higgins and Schillen at receiver, and doesn't have the money to pay a big name FA or draft in the 1st. (We'll see what happens though... he has a hard time resisting incredible Combine numbers) If anyone was to come in at WR this offseason... it will be Jerry Porter.

You heard it here first. :wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

Al & Co are taking their time to organize finances... but you can count on it happening. All rumors coming out of Oakland are saying Al is leaning this way, and I would be completely shocked if it didn't happen.

Upon his announcement, look for Sands or Warren + Curry to be cut as well - all of which dramatically overpaid.

If both Sands and Warren are cut, I would put money on Al going DT in the 1st. Whispers around Oakland is he is more than happy with Higgins and Schillen at receiver, and doesn't have the money to pay a big name FA or draft in the 1st. (We'll see what happens though... he has a hard time resisting incredible Combine numbers) If anyone was to come in at WR this offseason... it will be Jerry Porter.

Read today that Adam Schefter is reporting that Curry will be released soon. Guess it's just a matter of time and we'll see soon.

That's what I thought when I saw Lechlar signed. Good for them bad for us. :D

Pats franchise Cassel. :wacko:

Chargers franchise Sproles? :D:D

both are horrible decisions.

I will take it back if the Pats trade Cassel. Then it's a good move. But there is no way I am locking up either of these one year wonders to long term deals. Especially Sproles.

Edited by CaptainHook

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have put a non-exclusive franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby.

The move guarantees Dansby a salary of at least $9.7 million next season, the average salary of the five highest-paid players at his position. It also represents a 20 percent raise over what he made last year.

The non-exclusive tag allows Dansby to field offers from other teams, but the Cardinals may match it or receive two first-round picks as compensation.

The Cardinals can continue to negotiate a long-term contract with Dansby through July 15.

Update on Bironas:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with kicker Rob Bironas on a multiyear contract.

Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said Wednesday in announcing the deal that Bironas is one of the best kickers in the NFL.

In four seasons, Bironas has made 84.5 percent of his field-goal attempts. He's among the NFL leaders with 59 touchbacks on kickoffs.

Last season, Bironas was 29-of-33 on field-goal attempts and accounted for 127 points. The Titans originally signed him as a free agent in 2005.

Pats franchise Cassel. :wacko:

Chargers franchise Sproles? :D:D

both are horrible decisions.

I will take it back if the Pats trade Cassel. Then it's a good move. But there is no way I am locking up either of these one year wonders to long term deals. Especially Sproles.

I think the Pats are going to have a tough time dealing Cassel considering the asking price... A lot of the teams who need a solid QB are too chitty to afford to give multiple draft picks away. The only fits I can perceive would be places like Minnesota that are close to being real contenders but need something better and more consistent in the passing game. Arizona wouldn't be a bad fit either if Warner doesn't come back (I am assuming Leinart ain't the answer).

I think the Pats are going to have a tough time dealing Cassel considering the asking price... A lot of the teams who need a solid QB are too chitty to afford to give multiple draft picks away. The only fits I can perceive would be places like Minnesota that are close to being real contenders but need something better and more consistent in the passing game. Arizona wouldn't be a bad fit either if Warner doesn't come back (I am assuming Leinart ain't the answer).

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune calls free agent Jeff Garcia a "more realistic possibility" to be the Vikings' next quarterback than Matt Cassel.

Garcia would be a stopgap, but has a much better grasp of Brad Childress' offense than Cassel and would cost no draft picks to acquire. Garcia's arm strength deficiencies would also be less obvious in the dome. If the Vikes don't make a play for Cassel, only the Chiefs would be left as likely suitors.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

---

ADAM SCHEFTER

Texans put franchise tag on CB Dunta

Posted: February 19th, 2009 | Adam Schefter

Cornerbacks are prized commodities, and the Houston Texans are taking a step not to lose theirs.

Unable to negotiate a long-term deal with their free-agent-to-be cornerback, the Texans are designating Dunta Robinson their franchise player.

The franchise cornerback tag will be worth $9.957 million, but it will restrict Robinson’s ability to find a new team.

The two sides had been hoping to finalize a long-term contract but when they couldn’t, Houston made the decision to tag Robinson.

Edited by Randall

very surprised by our decision to franchise Sproles....but i'm not unhappy.

too much uncertainty in the backfield heading into next year if Sproles walked.

now we don't have to use our 1st on a RB and maybe we can work out a more acceptable deal with

Sproles for three or four years. if he walked we'd have a wearing down LT2 and nothing else.

of course Sproles can't carry the load but he can carry half. even if we can't sign him it gives us one more

year to prepare for life after LT2....assuming LT2 will renegotiate.

Edited by rebdog

Asomugha signed a huge deal today from what I just heard on KNBR (bay area radio station)...3 years $45.3 Mill ~ $28 Mill guaranteed

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

very surprised by our decision to franchise Sproles....but i'm not unhappy.

too much uncertainty in the backfield heading into next year if Sproles walked.

now we don't have to use our 1st on a RB and maybe we can work out a more acceptable deal with

Sproles for three or four years. if he walked we'd have a wearing down LT2 and nothing else.

of course Sproles can't carry the load but he can carry half. even if we can't sign him it gives us one more

year to prepare for life after LT2....assuming LT2 will renegotiate.

I'm not surprised at the franchise tag and glad he's in SD for one more year. I'll be disappointed, however, if AJ signs him to a hugh long term deal because Sproles can't do it alone. AJ has to have enough money left over to invest in a new RB once LT is gone (most probably after this year).

I'm not surprised at the franchise tag and glad he's in SD for one more year. I'll be disappointed, however, if AJ signs him to a hugh long term deal because Sproles can't do it alone. AJ has to have enough money left over to invest in a new RB once LT is gone (most probably after this year).

Do you think the Chargers will go after McCoy or another RB in the first round?

Agree with this. Sproles is a very talented back but not a featured back IMO. He does the most damage as a #2 fill-in with alot of upside. Signing him to a long term deal is certainly okay, but not for starting RB type money.