[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philadelphia pub or restaurant info?

nogohawk

Phila Huddlers -

Me, Mrs nogo and our boys will be in Phila tomorrow to see the Dark Knight at the IMAX

I'm looking for suggestions to grab a few brews and early dinner before the show - any suggestions?

We met Sky and NSab at an Irish pub somewhere downtown for drinks a few years ago and I can't remember the name.

TIA :wacko:

Nick took me to an awesome place for roast beef but I can't recall the name. When I used to go up there for work, I"d always hit the Midtown II. Tiny dive with questionable food and ugly women but the regulars were amused by the stupidity of my always wearing a Dallas Cowboys baseball hat. Can't suggest the Midtwon II for a family meal before a movie.

I got stuck in Philly after missing my flight home several months ago and decided to treat myself and stayed in Old City (where all the neat old buildings are, the Liberty Bell, etc.). I had dinner at Dolce and loved it. Best plate of lasagna I've ever had. I then walked down the street and had a few drinks at Triumph Brewing Company, and really enjoyed hanging out there.

I'm certain that the Philly folk will have many more suggestions, but as an outsider without much planning time, that's what I had come up with, and really enjoyed myself, including the food and drink.

Have fun!

My favorite regular spot is Monk's. They have about 200 beers from around the world and the best goat cheese burger you'll eat. We usually do a bucket of mussels, a goat cheese burger and a rabbit terrine for the appetizer. Pick a beer you've never tried before and you've got yourself a pretty affordable, interesting meal and it's walking distance from Broad St.

Oh, another fun thing to do if you don't want to do a conventional "sit-down" meal is to go walking through the Reading Terminal Market. It's a great experience to walk around and check out all the vendors, and you can turn it into a tapas crawl, trying a little bit of this and that as you go. Lots of interesting smells, sights and tastes and a good family experience.

Nick took me to an awesome place for roast beef but I can't recall the name. When I used to go up there for work, I"d always hit the Midtown II. Tiny dive with questionable food and ugly women but the regulars were amused by the stupidity of my always wearing a Dallas Cowboys baseball hat. Can't suggest the Midtwon II for a family meal before a movie.

:wacko:

Probably Nick's Roast Beef Here

My favorite regular spot is Monk's. They have about 200 beers from around the world and the best goat cheese burger you'll eat. We usually do a bucket of mussels, a goat cheese burger and a rabbit terrine for the appetizer. Pick a beer you've never tried before and you've got yourself a pretty affordable, interesting meal and it's walking distance from Broad St.

Monk's is awesome!