[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those going to WCOFF- 09

Bier Meister

I'll put myself at 50/50. I really enjoyed last year and will likely do it again, but not being a seafood fan and having 3 or 4 of the 7 courses pretty much be seafood based, wasn'y my favorite meal food wise. But, as mentioned last year, the company and convesation more than made up for it. And the wine was good too.

Mentioned this to the wife last night. We're gonna kick it around a bit.

To those folks that didn't go last year, this was a really nice way to learn a bit about food and wine. Both twiley and Bier are incredibly knowledgeable and the food and drink were awesome. And as BC mentioned, the company was pretty danged good as well. And yes, you can get blind drunk at an event like this, just ask twiley. :wacko:

And as BC mentioned, the company was pretty danged good as well. And yes, you can get blind drunk at an event like this, just ask twiley. :wacko:

It probably didn't help that I had been drinking for most of the day. I think the best way to describe that night would be like this:

1st 3 wines (twiley) - "Nose of crushed red berries, pomegranate, pepper, and sage. Jammy texture. Long finish of cranberry, plum, spice, and chocolate"

Last group of wines (twiley) - <burp> Hell, I don't know..tasters purty gud to meee." <burp>

:D

It probably didn't help that I had been drinking for most of the day. I think the best way to describe that night would be like this:

1st 3 wines (twiley) - "Nose of crushed red berries, pomegranate, pepper, and sage. Jammy texture. Long finish of cranberry, plum, spice, and chocolate"

Last group of wines (twiley) - <burp> Hell, I don't know..tasters purty gud to meee." <burp>

:wacko:

That would be an accurate representation of your contributions through the night.

well...... as wcoff will be at the mgm grand, i took a gander at what restaurants they have in house:

MGM dining

a lot of these have tasting menus..... i'd like to look into who has 5+ courses, but i'd be just fine going to one of those.

Edited by Bier Meister

I have heard good things about craftsteak and Nob Hill Tavern

nob hill tavern= michael mina

craftsteak= tom colicchio

robuchon

seablue= michael mina

l'atelier

those standout to me so far..... i happen to love asian so it wouldn't be too hard to twist my arm to go to the japanese and asian fusion places.

I stay at the MGM pretty much every time I go to Vegas so I've been to all the joints there a few times. I put a few notes on the spots I've been most recently but am happy to share my experience in more detail around any of the others.

Craftsteak: Your gonna get great cuts of meat, perfectly prepared, and very, very simple side items. It's good eating, priced like you'd expect from a high quality steak place. I think the service here is exceptional, probably some of the best in Vegas.

Robuchon - Amazing, fantastic food, but very very pricey. Great for small parties, as most of the tables are stools where you can view the kitchen, I've never taken a large group here, nor really seen one here, so it might be difficult if you have a lot of folks going.

Nob Hill - Good solid New American Food, with a pretty heavy seafood slant (Mina made his bones in San Francisco so you get a lot of the N Cal vibe here, especially on the wine list, which is excellent). The Loobster Pot Pie is ridiculous, in a good way.

Shibuya - A cross of a over priced sushi joint and japanese steak house with the grills in the table and the chefs that flip shrimp in the air etc...Not a bad spot for large groups, lots of drunk parties come here, but the food is over priced and unimaginative.

• 3 months later...