[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins interested in Haynesworth?

Most teams would love to have him stuffing the middle. However, can you tell me how the Redskins could afford him and stay under the cap? :wacko:

(KFFL) Peter King, of SI.com, reports the Washington Redskins might be the only logical landing spot for Tennessee Titans impending free-agent DL Albert Haynesworth. Team owner Daniel Snyder had dinner with Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, this past weekend during the NFL Scouting Combine. Snyder may be the only owner willing to meet Haynesworth's contract demands

Edited by Footballjoe

(Rotoworld) Citing a "very well-connected league source," Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle reports that Albert Haynesworth will sign with the Redskins at the start of free agency unless the Titans swoop in late.

Analysis: Zierlein, the son of Steelers OL coach Larry Zierlein, has a blog at the Chronicle and does a radio show. His source says Haynesworth will get a deal worth roughly $100 million in total that pays $15-16 million annually. Zierlein doesn't usually report and it's hard to see how the Skins will fit such a deal under the cap, but this is the kind of megadeal Haynesworth is seeking.

(Article Link)

:wacko: The Redskins will never learn. It reminds me of the kid in my grade school class who kept goofing off and would get wacked by the nun. He would straighten out for a short while, then back to his old self.