[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Harrison Released

Footballjoe

:D (KFFL) Updating a previous report, The NFL Network reports the Indianapolis Colts have not yet released WR Marvin Harrison

:wacko: Get the story straight!

Updating a further story, he has been released. And as a owner of Anthony Gonzalez since he was drafted by the Colts, I couldn't be happier.

I honestly don't know how to feel. I'm pissed. But I realize they couldn't afford his cap number this year. He's going to go to Philly. I guarantee it.

As a fan that saw a 16 year vet put on another jersey this past season, I can assure you that you'll want to puke when you see him in said jersey. After that I laughed at his failure. You'll be able to do the same.

Certainly anything can happen and I think Harrison will get some looks from teams that are needy at the WR position and who are looking for some consistent vet to come in. However, on the NFL Network, Charley Casserly stated that he didn't think that Harrison would get one offer from a team if he were released from the Colts. Now we'll get to what interest there is out there for him.

wow. I doubt that very much. It may not be a lot of money, but I don't see him not getting an offer . . .

My thoughts exactly. He will most certainly latch on somewhere.

The Colts have historically allowed players to play out their contracts. They don't usually release them mid-contract. Edge played out his and got franchised for one year. Saturday just finished his contract. Perhaps Marvin felt he would get the same treatment. I don't blame him for being upset. I'm sure he wants to see what kind of offers he'll get on the open market. Plus, he's sure to get a signing bonus. I wish him well. He's been a great Colt. My first year of season tickets was his rookie year. He caught a TD against the Cardinals in his first game. He's always been one of my favorites. Today is a sad day.

I highly doubt he is comming to Philly. The Eagles right now are trying to work out a deal with McNabb and he wants some weapons. Harrison is old and banged up. Philly would be more inclined to try and get T.J. Housh or go all the way and grab Boldin.