[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs make cuts

Patsfan39

As a Colt fan I'm praying he doesn't. Who was the last really good LB they had, Peterson? :D

I would however love to see Dunn picked up.

June made the Pro Bowl. Peterson never did. . .

edit: June had 142 tackles, a sack, and 3 picks in 2006. He had 102 tackles, 5 picks, and 2 TD's in 2005. :wacko: what's not to like? TB tried to make him a strong side linebacker, which he's not. I'd take him over Keiaho in a heartbeat.

and how can you want Dunn????? He's so washed up it's not even funny. And you don't want Edge? Do you even watch football or just come in here and play devil's advocate?

Edited by CaptainHook

June made the Pro Bowl. Peterson never did. . .

lol @ pointing to the pro bowl as an indicator that one player is better than another. Please tell us you don't really think June was a better LB than Peterson?

edit: June had 142 tackles, a sack, and 3 picks in 2006. He had 102 tackles, 5 picks, and 2 TD's in 2005. :wacko: what's not to like?
um the fact that it's 2009? Welcome to today.

and how can you want Dunn????? He's so washed up it's not even funny.
Since you're so into stats, how about these: Dunn averaged 4.2 last year and chipped in a 47 catches despite sharing a lot of time and on an offense that wasn't exactly a powerhouse. Sure he's near the end and all, but he's still got some gas in the tank and more importantly, a great fit for Indy in a part-time role.

And you don't want Edge?
I doubt he would be affordable and EJ also has a fair bit more mileage despite being younger - I think Dunn would hold up better.

Do you even watch football or just come in here and play devil's advocate?
Do you, or do you just read stat lines and pretend to know wt-f you're talking about? Edited by BeeR

lol @ pointing to the pro bowl as an indicator that one player is better than another. Please tell us you don't really think June was a better LB than Peterson

Um, actually I went by Pro Bowls, and stats. If you noticed. And yes, I do think June was a better linebacker for the Colts. His stats prove it. Compare his stats when he played weak side 'backer to Peterson's. They are better. More tackles. More picks. More TD's. More Pro Bowls. This really isn't even an argument . . . and the Pro Bowl is voted by players and coaches as well as fans. The fact that June got voted to the Pro Bowl is pretty darn impressive if you ask me. He had two great years as a linebacker on a team known for it's offense, and still got that recognition.

um the fact that it's 2009? Welcome to today.

Yeah, and today, the Bucs are no longer planning on running the Cover 2 scheme. Which June is perfect for. Guess what? The Colts still use it. . .

Since you're so into stats, how about these: Dunn averaged 4.2 last year and chipped in a 47 catches despite sharing a lot of time and on an offense that wasn't exactly a powerhouse. Sure he's near the end and all, but he's still got some gas in the tank and more importantly, a great fit for Indy in a part-time role.

The Bucs offense was 14 th in the NFL. And Dunn didn't get benched for a stretch of games. Arizona coaches admitted they made a mistake in doing that this year with Edge. How can Dunn have anything left in the tank? This will be his 13th NFL season, and he's 34 years old. Edge is 30.

Do you, or do you just read stat lines and pretend to know wt-f you're talking about?

Once again I say how glad I am you don't run the Colts. You have no clue. For the right price, June and Brooks would be hugh upgrades for the Colts at linebacker, and are perfect for the Cover 2. Nobody is gonna offer Edge big money this year, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a shared role with Addai. I'd much rather have him than Warrick Dunn. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

June flourished as an OSLB in Indy but was relegated to WSLB in Tampa. I'd think he would return to form back in Indy.

I'm pretty sure it was the other way around. He played weak side linebacker here in Indy and was switched to strong side linebacker in TB. Regardless, I agree, he would be a welcome addition.

I'm pretty sure it was the other way around. He played weak side linebacker here in Indy and was switched to strong side linebacker in TB. Regardless, I agree, he would be a welcome addition.

Maybe I got it backwards, but yes, June is a perfect fit for the Tampa2.

Um, actually I went by Pro Bowls, and stats. If you noticed. And yes, I do think June was a better linebacker for the Colts. His stats prove it. Compare his stats when he played weak side 'backer to Peterson's. They are better. More tackles. More picks. More TD's. More Pro Bowls. This really isn't even an argument . . . and the Pro Bowl is voted by players and coaches as well as fans. The fact that June got voted to the Pro Bowl is pretty darn impressive if you ask me. He had two great years as a linebacker on a team known for it's offense, and still got that recognition.

:wacko: