[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Housh may stay in Cincy?

Patsfan39

The National Football Post reports that there is a "70% chance" T.J. Houshmandzadeh will re-sign with the Bengals.

The report says that the two sides are nearing a deal. The use of a percentage gives us pause, but NFP has been on top of other stories this off-season. It's hard to believe the Bengals would be the highest bidder for Housh, but perhaps they'll sign him before he finds out.

Hmm... I would have thought he'd be gone in Cincy for sure. I thought 0% chance he'd stay.

As a Housh owner, I hope this is true. A comeback of the year candidate in Palmer, plus not having to learn a new system bodes very well for Momma.

I read somewhere that it said we may know by midnight if TJ stays in Cincy.

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh sent a text message to ESPN 950 saying "If they want me I'd be an Eagle tomorrow."

Two sources tell FOXSports' Alex Marvez that T.J. Houshmandzadeh is making a free agent visit to Seattle on Friday.

Edited by Randall

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh sent a text message to ESPN 950 saying "If they want me I'd be an Eagle tomorrow."

Two sources tell FOXSports' Alex Marvez that T.J. Houshmandzadeh is making a free agent visit to Seattle on Friday.

I heard the Eagles are interested by Housh, but they aren't blown away by any means...

"Eagles telling T.J. to take a hike?

Friday, February 27, 2009

Posted By Mike Florio 8:45 PM

Receiver T.J Houshmandzadeh has said that he'd like to play for the Eagles. But, as it turns out, the Eagles might not be interested.

According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams.

Per Gunn, the Eagles previously had little interest in Houshmandzadeh. The alleged bait-and-switch routine ensured that the Eagles won't make a play for him.

Meanwhile, league observers continue to believe that Houshmandzadeh won't strike it as rich as he'd prefer. As Howard Balzer of The Sports Xchange pointed out to me earlier in the day, Houshmandzadeh will be 32 later this year. To put it bluntly, guys in their 30s rarely get rich in the early days of free agenc"

Got this from another forum. He did not say where he found this.

It’s official: T.J. leaves town

March 2nd, 2009 – 10:15 AM by Judd Zulgad We are no longer working on a tip that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has left town. We are now confirming that the free-agent wide receiver is no longer in the Twin Cities and was on a 9:35 flight last night to Los Angeles.

As we said in the blog posted moments ago, this does not mean the Vikings are out of the running. But it certainly isn’t a good sign. Houshmandzadeh was supposed to sleep on his decision at a Minneapolis hotel. But it appears he had second thoughts and decided to depart.

Pure speculation on my part is that if Houshmandzadeh went back to Los Angeles that’s a good sign if you’re the Seattle Seahawks. Of course, yesterday I wrote that Seattle might be out of this race. Anyway, the news is that T.J. is no longer in the Twin Cities.

More information: Good point from someone in the comments section and I meant to put this in. Houshmandzadeh lives in the L.A. area so he was going home. As for the Seattle angle, I’m thinking that if he was going to sign with the Vikings he would have stayed in Minnesota. If he was going to sign with the Bengals, perhaps he would have flown to Cincinnati. But since he lives in the L.A. area, that might give Seattle the edge because it’s not a long flight. Pure speculation on my part.

Sounds like he's gone to me. Time to trade for Boldin. :wacko:

From the NY Daily News

Free-agent shopping for dummies

It looks like T.J. Houshmandzadeh will finally make a decision today, one day later than he promised. And it looks like his choices will come down to the Seahawks, Vikings or Bengals. Not the Giants, who were one of the teams on his original wish list.

According to a report in the Cincinnati Enquirer Houshmandzadeh has apparently had a few crazy demands of his own. He apparently has an offer from the Bengals that’s larger than the five-year, $35 million contract (with $11 million guaranteed) that the Giants gave Plaxico Burress in September.

And Houshmandzadeh said no.

The word is he’s looking for $10 million per season and at least four years, which would take him until he’s 36. From what I hear Seattle is the favorite. Houshman … (man, I’m really tired of spelling that. So glad the Giants are out of the picture) … T.J. spent the night in Minnesota. I’ve heard if he leaves there he’s heading to Seattle with the intention to sign with the ‘Hawks.

Since the Giants are out of the picture (which they were never really in), this will likely be the last moment I care about where T.J. signs or how much he makes.

From the NY Daily News

T.J. spent the night in Minnesota.

It's being reported now, that while he told the Vikings he was going to spend the night, he then proceded to board a plane at 9:30 last night and flew back to California.

While I would love for the Vikes to sign this guy....it's appearing more and more like he's hung around Ocho Stinko too long as he seems to be some kind of head case so far in this FA period.

While I would love for the Vikes to sign this guy....it's appearing more and more like he's hung around Ocho Stinko too long as he seems to be some kind of head case so far in this FA period.

+1 - He's a badass on the field, but I think his opinion of himself is a bit higher than the market probably dictates.

I don't envy his choice to make here, though:

1 - If you want to have the best stats, stay w/ Carson Palmer. But there is so much other stuff to regret with that decision.

2 - If he wants the best chance to make the playoffs, go Vikings, IMO. #1 rusher, great defense. Who knows, maybe a QB in a year or two. But until that time, his ProBowl caliber production is gone for awhile.

3 - I"m not sure how close Seattle is to the playoffes. Have had good DEF, but Hasslehoff is getting older, and they have no RB. Seems to me in Seattle TJ might suffer the most, because there is no one else worth focussing on for the DEF.

If it's me, this last big contract is all I'm gonna get in the NFL. I'd take the money and my chances w/ the Vikes to get some post season play.

As for me as a Bengals's fan: I hope he goes, even though he's a very good player. It's time to wipe the slate clean at this primadonna position. I hope the Bengals are trying to convice Chad to get back to ProBowl form for one more season, with the promise of a release/trade after this year.

He definitly isn't worth 10 million per year.

I think he's worth more than Berrian. Plus there's a hugh step down from Houshz to Michael Clayton and Nate Washington. This is easy for me to say since it's not my money. But it would indicate to the fans that the team is serious about winning since now is the time to make that run.

Anybody got any more details on the contract? I figured his 15 million guaranteed would be over in 2 years. I don't know if he will be retired at 37, but I doubt anyone is going to be paying him 10 million a year at that time. :wacko:

All I've read is 5 years 40 million with 15 million guaranted.