[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

kpholmes

First transaction after the FA period has begun:

Redskins | Hall reaches agreement with team

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:30:55 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports CB DeAngelo Hall has reached an agreement on a six-year contract worth $54 million with the Washington Redskins. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed and $30 million in the first three years of the deal.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter

No deal in Arizona, so QB Warner will be a free agent

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Kurt Warner

Kurt Warner’s agent, Mark Bartlestein, spent Thursday in Arizona trying to negotiate a deal for his client.

Unfortunately for Warner and the Cardinals, Bartlestein spent Thursday night flying back to his home in Chicago.

Despite face-to-face negotiations, the two sides couldn’t resolve their differences. Now the quarterback will become an unrestricted free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Friday.

The two sides will continue talking, and Warner isn’t opposed to taking free-agent visits. In fact, he would. But right or wrong, there is a perception that Warner wants to remain in Arizona, which has impacted negotiations.

Now Warner will become a free agent — free to listen to offers from any team.

The Broncos have acquired two up two of them by agreeing to multiyear contracts with Correll Buckhalter (Philadelphia) and J.J. Arrington (Arizona) at the midnight opening of the signing period, FOXSports.com has learned. The deals will become official when both pass physical exams.

EDIT: Clayton said no deals were done and they are only planning to visit at this point.

Edited by budlitebrad

I haven't read through this yet... http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?spo...35312&tsn=1

But this guy named shredderguy on the Vikes board supposedly has an in at Winter Park and over the last few years has leaked info out ahead of time. He seems to have gained credibility in the past by calling players ahead of time like Smoot, etc.

He's back and posting again. I love the riddle aspect of hints...

I haven't read through this yet... http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?spo...35312&tsn=1

But this guy named shredderguy on the Vikes board supposedly has an in at Winter Park and over the last few years has leaked info out ahead of time. He seems to have gained credibility in the past by calling players ahead of time like Smoot, etc.

He's back and posting again. I love the riddle aspect of hints...

I don't even know how to navigate those forums anymore...

people are quoting that guy and I can't even find the posts they are quoting and I went through all 13 pages looking for his name..

I don't even know how to navigate those forums anymore...

people are quoting that guy and I can't even find the posts they are quoting and I went through all 13 pages looking for his name..

Just got done reading through. He deletes everything he posts...like he'll get in trouble for it or something. Wasn't much in there. Said II FA at Winter Park. One appeared to be Rosenfels. The other he just said was "large". Not much to go by. He claimed FA didn't mean free agent. I dunno.

Just got done reading through. He deletes everything he posts...like he'll get in trouble for it or something. Wasn't much in there. Said II FA at Winter Park. One appeared to be Rosenfels. The other he just said was "large". Not much to go by. He claimed FA didn't mean free agent. I dunno.

is Flozell Adams a Free Agent?...

Is Hall worth that?!

Might be a bit steep - but it means he will be starting opposite of Carlos Rogers and will take some pressure of of him. They have a very young, talented tandem locked up for a long time now.

From what I saw last year, Skins' ran a good portion of zone coverages for their corners - which DeAngello does much better in than when isolated man-to-man.

ESPN is reporting that DT-Albert Haynesworth agreed to a 7 year 100 million dollar contract(41 million guaranteed) with the Redskins. This deal would make him the first non-quarterback to sign a 100 million dollar contract.

Edited by Flypaste

ESPN is reporting that DT-Albert Haynesworth agreed to a 7 year 100 million dollar contract(41 million guaranteed) with the Redskins. This deal would make him the first non-quarterback to sign a 100 million dollar contract.

From PFT:

The news comes from both Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean and Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

It’s a seven-year, $100-million deal with an incredible $41 million in guaranteed money.

The maximum value of the package is $115 million.

As we’ve previously said, the fact that the Titans and the Lions weren’t major players in the pursuit of Haynesworth tells us all we need to know; both teams have decided that Haynesworth isn’t worth the money.

Otherwise, the team with which Haynesworth spent seven seasons or his former defensive coordinator (who now is the head coach in Detroit) would have stepped up to the plate.

Scout.com Adam's Caplan has confirmed that the Vikings acquired Sage Rosenfels from the Texans for a fourth-round pick. Rosenfels signed a three-year, $9 million contract with Minnesota.

Minnesota nicely upgrades their quarterback position cheaply. The contract is so reasonable we could see Minnesota adding another free agent or draft pick to the mix. Rosenfels, however, looks like the heavy favorite to start for now and should put up workmanlike stats on the run-first team.

Read today that Housh said he'd like to land in Minnesota, if that happens those would be some nice upgrades to compliment Peterson.

Edited by tonyr0802

The National Football Post reports that inside linebacker Bart Scott has agreed to terms with the Jets on a multi-year contract.

No terms are available. Scott, like new teammate Calvin Pace, is highly versatile and intelligent. The Jets have the makings of a great linebacker group, and Rex Ryan will know how to maximize Scott's talent after coaching him for years in Baltimore. Scott is sure to get huge money, but this signing makes a lot more sense for New York than getting the downside of Ray Lewis' career. Baltimore has to be deeply disappointed.

Housh has been saying he wants to play everywhere. That dude has been a self promoting machine.

950ESPN in Philly reporting Housh send them a text saying that if Philly wanted him, he'd sign immediately. I am guessing he sent that text to a variety of hometown radio stations, just changing the cityname in each instance.

ETA: PFT Link

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

The National Football Post reports that inside linebacker Bart Scott has agreed to terms with the Jets on a multi-year contract.

Dammit! I was hoping the Jets wouldn't get either FA Raven LB.

Is there any chance someone can just make edits to the first post of actual signings instead of rumors? It would be nice to see the actual deals in a thread.

The Texans are expected to sign free agent Patrick Ramsey to replace Sage Rosenfels as Matt Schaub's backup.

Meh. Sorry no link.

Whoopty f'n do. I can hardly wait. :wacko: I understand building through the draft, but c'mon already. Bring in some at least mid level talent, not some never was QB that could realistically end up starting some games. I really hope they draft another backup in the mid rounds.