[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

kpholmes

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Dawkins signs with Denver...

:D

Eagles front office are a bunch of ass-holes. That is disrespectful to B-Dawk. He was a heart and soul kind of guy and will be missed dearly. Just give him the lovely money. Hey, at least they raised ticket prices. :wacko:

You guys sure?

Per Roto:

Broncos | Dawkins not on board yet

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:23:51 -0800

Contrary to previous reports, Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Denver Broncos do not currently have a deal in place with free-agent S Brian Dawkins (Eagles).

The Bills make a splash :wacko:

Bills signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to an undisclosed contract.

There was talk of the Bills possibly bringing in a veteran to challenge Trent Edwards, but this signing puts an end to that talk. The noodle-armed Fitzpatrick is 100 percent backup material and is no threat to Edwards' job.

I'm really shocked anyone signed this guy. What did he show anyone last year that made him someone to target?

You guys sure?

Per Roto:

Broncos | Dawkins not on board yet

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:23:51 -0800

Contrary to previous reports, Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Denver Broncos do not currently have a deal in place with free-agent S Brian Dawkins (Eagles).

Maybe it is official now???

Adam Schefter

Dawkins signs five-year deal with Broncos

Posted: February 28th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles

Denver signs free agent safety Brian Dawkins to a five-year, $17 million deal that includes $7.2 million guaranteed. The contract also has escalators that could boost the value of the deal to $27 million over five years, but the deal also could be voided to two years, $9 million.

Maybe it is official now???

Sure looks it...tough loss for the Eagles, as he was a leader like no other for the last 12 years. But like Troy Vincent, Trotter, and many others who have come and gone, the Eagles have been very smart in letting go guys on the wrong side of 30.

He'll be missed by the fan base, the locker room, and around the line of scrimmage....in deep coverage, not so much.

Vikings in Houshmandzadeh’s plans

February 28th, 2009 – 11:17 AM by Judd Zulgad Two days ago Cincinnati free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh talked about how much he would like to play for the Vikings. Well, it looks as if he will at least visit with the team and it could happen today.

Houshmandzadeh’s agent, Kennard McGuire, said in a text message that “the Vikings are in [Houshmandzadeh’s] plans,” but gave no further details.

The Vikings have been trying to arrange a visit with Houshmandzadeh since Friday morning. He first made a stop in Seattle on Friday.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, is the top free-agent receiver on the market and has caught at least 90 passes in each of the past three seasons.

Houshmandzadeh was fourth in Pro Football Weekly’s rankings of the top 100 free agents. Last year, the Vikings signed Bernard Berrian to a six-year, $42 million deal that included a $16 million signing bonus.

Houshmandzadeh was asked during an ESPN interview Friday morning about teams that interested him. “I’m looking at teams I think have good coaches and good offensive lines and good running games,” Houshmandzadeh said. “I have no idea if those teams are interested in me. If I can play with Adrian Peterson, can you imagine what I would do getting one-on-one coverage with Adrian Peterson? I am going to win 98.6 percent of the time with one-on-one coverage with him in the backfield.”

Houshmandzadeh is reportedly looking for a deal of upward of $10 million per season.

T.J. on the way

February 28th, 2009 – 1:33 PM by Judd Zulgad All indications are that Vikings officials are headed back to Winter Park today with wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The likely scenario is that the team sent one of owner Zygi Wilf’s planes to get the free agent in Seattle.

Houshmandzadeh met with the Seahawks on Friday and likely will get a tour of Winter Park and also enjoy a nice meal with Vikings officials. Houshmandzadeh also could be in line for other visits unless the Vikings can convince him to sign while he is in town.

With the Eagles having bowed out of this competition, likely suitors are the Vikings, Seahawks, Giants and Houshmandzadeh’s old team, the Bengals.

News: Brondon Jones has signed with the San Francisco 49ers, the team's official site reports.

Spin: The terms of the contract were not announced. Jones will provide the 49ers with some much needed-depth at wide receiver. With Bryant Johnson not returning and Isaac Bruce's return up in the air, Jones figures to play a major role in San Francisco's passing attack in 2009.

Looks like an exodus form Cleveland to Denver is happening again. News on LB-Andra Davis.

Blockbuster day in the AFC West

February 28, 2009 2:48 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Huge news in the AFC West:

The Chiefs announced they have traded for New England quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel for their second-round pick, which is the No. 34 pick in the draft.

The Denver Broncos just announced the signing of Philadelphia Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins. Denver just signed Cleveland linebacker Andra Davis and have now inked nine players in free agency.

Much more to come.

Sure looks it...tough loss for the Eagles, as he was a leader like no other for the last 12 years. But like Troy Vincent, Trotter, and many others who have come and gone, the Eagles have been very smart in letting go guys on the wrong side of 30.

He'll be missed by the fan base, the locker room, and around the line of scrimmage....in deep coverage, not so much.

:wacko:

I like the dawkins addition, he's been one of my favorite players for a long time. when they added lynch a few years back, he really improved their secondary play for a couple years. that's probably all you get out of dawkins at this point, but more importantly you get an instant attitude adjustment. that team needs a guy like dawkins.

I like the dawkins addition, he's been one of my favorite players for a long time. when they added lynch a few years back, he really improved their secondary play for a couple years. that's probably all you get out of dawkins at this point, but more importantly you get an instant attitude adjustment. that team needs a guy like dawkins.

This is a good signing for the Broncos, but the whole situation has been tough to swallow.

I know the Eagles stance on aging starters but... The Eagles had roughly 38 million dollars in cap space before the signing of OT-Stacey Andrews. The contract that Dawkins signed with the Broncos wasn't out of hand at (17 mil over 5 years with 9 mil guaranteed plus escalators). That really isn't unreasonable for what Dawkins is and what he brings to a franchise. Man this stings...

Edited by Flypaste