[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cassell Trade to Bucs?

myhousekey

Saw this posted at the bottom of an NFL.com article by a user so this is strictly rumor right now; anyone hear anything else on this?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/saints-rea...ent-with-vilma/

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

Edit: Don't you have to give two #1's for signing a franchised guy? Or does that not come into play since it sounds like it's a "sign & trade"?

Bucs fans looking for confirmation on the team message board as well....

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=172292

The more I dig into this the more I think it isn't true.....

Edited by myhousekey

Heck, I'd say kudos to the Bucs. If he ends up being a franchise QB they give up a 1.19 and a second rounder. Pretty good deal for the Bucs IMO.

Time will tell.

No kidding. If that's the compensation, I'd rather the Vikings had made this move instead of a 4th for Sage.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I was hoping the Patriots would be stuck paying 2 QB's $30 million. :wacko:

Could be a 1 year wonder. He wasn't good enough to start at USC.

I heard that he had the ability to start over Leinart but was a victim of USC politics...

Regardless, didn't Brady himself either sit behind or share time with Greise?

I was hoping the Patriots would be stuck paying 2 QB's $30 million. :wacko:

Could be a 1 year wonder. He wasn't good enough to start at USC.

That's where my money is. Belichick and his staff made him look much better than he is, IMO. For some reason I think of Scott Mitchel when I think of Cassell. :D

That's where my money is. Belichick and his staff made him look much better than he is, IMO. For some reason I think of Scott Mitchel when I think of Cassell. :wacko:

I don't think I can buy that. The whole NE genius machine keeps this guy around for 3-4 years and he's no good? I'm not gonna try to sell that he's as good as Brady, but they won ten (or nine, can't remember) games with this guy.

Belichick and his staff made him look much better than he is, IMO. For some reason I think of Scott Mitchel when I think of Cassell. :D

I agree with you 100 percent. :wacko:

There are rumors on PFT.com that Kansas City is also in the running for Cassel.

Cassel was the product of a good system, good coaching and good talent around him last season. If he goes to another team, he is going to be a disaster like Mitchell was.

If Cassel becomes a starter on another team, mark my words, Cassel will be the biggest fantasy bust of 2009.

Edited by Wolverines Fan