[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler is pissed off

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From TheHuddle:

I'm concerned that The Huddle is reporting this as fact. They said that SI said, except that as far as I know, there's zero confirmation of this.

Peter King "heard" this info. From whom? How reliable?

The local radio guys who are very in-touch with the Broncos said that this is the first they're hearing of it. The local guys are pretty reliable and while they may exaggerate like the rest of the media, they wouldn't bother denying that they had heard a rumor.

As the Huddle staffer who wrote that, I don't know that we're "reporting this as fact." The News portion comes directly from our news feed; we add the View. And having read King's column, that's pretty much what he said: Cutler asked to be traded after his quarterback coach left. Here's a link and a quote: "I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here."

Whether you choose to believe King (or SI) or whether his (or SI's) credibility is shot, that's a decision you can make for yourself. As for the view: did Cutler mention he asked to be traded when he threw his fit? No. Is this an evolving soap opera? Yes. Is what really happened somewhere between what the two sides are saying? Most likely. But at minimum it's a side of the developing story that needs to be mentioned.

Was listening to Mort this AM on ESPN radio, and his feeling is that the new regime doesn' beleive Cutler is their guy to run their type of offense. They feel that, rather than build the system around the QB, they'd be better off getting value for Cutler, sign or trade for a a stop-gap QB (aka Garcia/Lefty), and find the right guy to lead them for the next decade in the draft or via free agency on the next couple years.

Mort also mentioned a trade to Philly as a possibility, as Philly has 2 #1s this year, and could easily package McNabb and a pick to Denver to give them value on both fronts (stop-gap QB, draft pick to build for future). McNabb is also very tight with Dawkins & Buckhalter, so it wouldn't shock me to see them lobby the new regime for this on his behalf. McNabb to Marshall ( :wacko: ) and Royal deep would certainly be entertaining for Denver faithful until the future is solidified.

Things will heat up here as we get closer to the draft, IMO. Philly is turning over the old nucleus this season, (letting go Dawkins, Runyan, Tra Thomas, Sheppard, Considine, Buckhalter)....adding McNabb to that list wouldn't be a shock. And if Mort is correct with what Denver is likley looking to accomplish by moving Cutler, Philly could be a perfect dance partner.

Was listening to Mort this AM on ESPN radio, and his feeling is that the new regime doesn' beleive Cutler is their guy to run their type of offense. They feel that, rather than build the system around the QB, they'd be better off getting value for Cutler, sign or trade for a a stop-gap QB (aka Garcia/Lefty), and find the right guy to lead them for the next decade in the draft or via free agency on the next couple years.

Mort also mentioned a trade to Philly as a possibility, as Philly has 2 #1s this year, and could easily package McNabb and a pick to Denver to give them value on both fronts (stop-gap QB, draft pick to build for future). McNabb is also very tight with Dawkins & Buckhalter, so it wouldn't shock me to see them lobby the new regime for this on his behalf. McNabb to Marshall ( :wacko: ) and Royal deep would certainly be entertaining for Denver faithful until the future is solidified.

Things will heat up here as we get closer to the draft, IMO. Philly is turning over the old nucleus this season, (letting go Dawkins, Runyan, Tra Thomas, Sheppard, Considine, Buckhalter)....adding McNabb to that list wouldn't be a shock. And if Mort is correct with what Denver is likley looking to accomplish by moving Cutler, Philly could be a perfect dance partner.

Makes some sense. I also heard the idea thrown out that maybe Cleveland could be a trade partner if Denver liked Brady Quinn. Not sure they do though.

Somebody tell me what movie this is from substituting Cutlers name

"Oh boy Jay is gonna be pissed"

"Oh yeah well maybe Jay is gonna have to stay home tonight"

:wacko: Johnny Dangerously

Why do you think Quinn is that much better than Cassel?

well he's younger, probably more talented, and at this point would come at a better price. one guy coming off a season lost to injury, versus a guy coming off his only season ever as a starter where he was solid but not spectacular dropped into the best offense in the NFL. classic buy low/sell high situation, and I'm just not buying matt cassel as a franchise QB at this point.

There is reportedly a "rumor" flying around that has the Browns sending Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler and a third-round pick.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

The problem with this rumor is the Browns get shortchanged. Cutler is kind of an upgraded version of Derek Anderson -- rocket arm, inconsistent, not a great field general. Also, dealing Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of Eric Mangini's defense -- one that 2008 draft pick Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling. Rogers' inclusion in this trade should command Denver's No. 1 in return.

I'd like to think Cutler is alot better than Anderson...

Yeah, who needs a QB who is smart as all hell, has good height, can make every throw, fits the ball where the receiver can only catch it, is big & strong enough to shrug off sacks and run if needed, plays tough & hurt, and who is a good leader.

Does he have maturity issues? Yep - but he's still awfully young.

So why wouldn't any coach want Leftwich over someone like that and then draft a QB who will take at least 2-3 years to develop. :wacko:

If this came from anywhere near the current DEN coaching staff I strongly suggest that they spend their time brushing up their resumes instead of house shopping - they won't be here long, and may not be in the NFL long for that matter. Cutler isn't perfect, but he's a damn fine QB who will put up some prolific numbers before his career is over - and DEN fans love him.

Yeah, who needs a QB who is smart as all hell, has good height, can make every throw, fits the ball where the receiver can only catch it, is big & strong enough to shrug off sacks and run if needed, plays tough & hurt, and who is a good leader.

Does he have maturity issues? Yep - but he's still awfully young.

So why wouldn't any coach want Leftwich over someone like that and then draft a QB who will take at least 2-3 years to develop. :wacko:

If this came from anywhere near the current DEN coaching staff I strongly suggest that they spend their time brushing up their resumes instead of house shopping - they won't be here long, and may not be in the NFL long for that matter. Cutler isn't perfect, but he's a damn fine QB who will put up some prolific numbers before his career is over - and DEN fans love him.

This is spot on.

The problem with this rumor is the Browns get shortchanged. Cutler is kind of an upgraded version of Derek Anderson -- rocket arm, inconsistent, not a great field general. Also, dealing Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of Eric Mangini's defense -- one that 2008 draft pick Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling. Rogers' inclusion in this trade should command Denver's No. 1 in return.

umm, no thanks. if anything, the inclusion of denver's third rounder makes it more than I'd want to pay. rogers can play some when he wants to, but he is not even close to being worth a first rounder PLUS the difference in value between cutler and quinn. he's a helluva lot closer to just being worth the difference in value between cutler and quinn.

From TheHuddle:

I'm concerned that The Huddle is reporting this as fact. They said that SI said, except that as far as I know, there's zero confirmation of this.

Peter King "heard" this info. From whom? How reliable?

The local radio guys who are very in-touch with the Broncos said that this is the first they're hearing of it. The local guys are pretty reliable and while they may exaggerate like the rest of the media, they wouldn't bother denying that they had heard a rumor.

Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the news. I don't see this tidbit as any different than any other report.

J2V and I are exchanging PMs, so I'm not going to comment any further on the subject.

But I will say this about that... I appreciate 2V's time and just offered him a suggestion, so we'll see if it's implementable :wacko:

Well, at least J2V cares, I woulda just called you a newbie doooosh and moved on. :D

Hows this for news???

The Vikings lost out to Seattle in their pursuit of free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Monday, but that didn't mean all was quiet at Winter Park.

The Denver Post reported the Vikings are among the teams that have expressed interest in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, and talks between the sides were believed to be ongoing Monday. It remains unclear what the Vikings might be offering.

Link

J2V and I are exchanging PMs, so I'm not going to comment any further on the subject.

But I will say this about that... I appreciate 2V's time and just offered him a suggestion, so we'll see if it's implementable :wacko:

If you want 2V to lay off on the news, that concerns all of us.