[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 draft picks: how do you think it will (or should) shake out now

BeeR

IMO:

DET - Stafford - he's no Marino or Manning etc, but IMO it's very clear he will be their guy.

STL - J Smith - dark horse is Crabtree but I doubt it. It's Smith or Monroe.

KC - Monroe - another dire OL needy team. Gotta protect Cassell. It's whichever STL doesn't take.

SEA - Crabtree - could fall some and they could nab an OL or best avail in Curry.

CLE - Curry - no way he falls past CLE if he's there

CIN - Oher - last of the top-tier OLs here. Might opt a DE like Orakpo.

GB - Raji - best avail and fills need too

SF - Sanchez - risky pick but would fill the seats (for awhile at least)

IMO:

DET - Stafford - he's no Marino or Manning etc, but IMO it's very clear he will be their guy.

STL - J Smith - dark horse is Crabtree but I doubt it. It's Smith or Monroe.

KC - Monroe - another dire OL needy team. Gotta protect Cassell. It's whichever STL doesn't take.

SEA - Crabtree - could fall some and they could nab an OL or best avail in Curry.

CLE - Curry - no way he falls past CLE if he's there

CIN - Oher - last of the top-tier OLs here. Might opt a DE like Orakpo.

GB - Raji - best avail and fills need too

SF - Sanchez - risky pick but would fill the seats (for awhile at least)

After the Senior Bowl I don't like Raji. We don't need a good practice player. Orakpo would be a better choice imo.

After the Senior Bowl I don't like Raji. We don't need a good practice player. Orakpo would be a better choice imo.

Randall, you're not the only Packer backer who's scoffed at Raji at 9. In your opinion, do they see Pickett as the solution? I'd think in a division where they'll see Forte, Peterson, and Smith over and over and over they'll want a better option in the middle. Or is it just that you think Raji won't be what Mayock thinks he will?

I'm still not convinced Crabtree is the best NFL star WR. I still maintain the Missouri kid will have a better impact/career.

do you feel as strong on the Missouri kid(who'sname you do not know) as you did about Stewert last year?

Randall, you're not the only Packer backer who's scoffed at Raji at 9. In your opinion, do they see Pickett as the solution? I'd think in a division where they'll see Forte, Peterson, and Smith over and over and over they'll want a better option in the middle. Or is it just that you think Raji won't be what Mayock thinks he will?

Maybe but I don't really think so. If TT doesn't get someone in free agency he could trade down or get someone later. I think if someone valuable drops he'll trade down 10 spots but it's real hard to predict what he does.

He doesn't even let on who he likes. Most of the guys he has taken in the past didn't even know he was interested. He hides things pretty well.

We do need someone and don't have the prototypical 3-4 tackle right now. Maybe Brace later in the draft.

Let me add Mayock could be right. When I watched him in the game (like Mayock likes to say) he didn't "rag doll" anyone. On the play where John Parker Wilson scored he was pushed out of the play by one blocker.

Mayock could be right, but in that game he looked terrible in my opinion.

Edited by Randall

do you feel as strong on the Missouri kid(who'sname you do not know) as you did about Stewert last year?

:D Yes I know Maclin's name. I prefer to call him The Missouri Kid. Anywho...to answer your question.....yes. When all is said and done, Stewart will have the more productive career than any other RB from 08. But that point is moot anyway since I'm an extreme nut-hugger.

So do you have an opinion either for or against Crabtree? Or do you just like bringing up Stewart in every responce?

:wacko:

Maybe he wants a "Taz Predicts" column. :wacko:

Seriously though how do you see Stewart becoming the great player you deem him to be?

#1 He outplays DeAngelo Williams

#2 DeAngelo gets hurt and Stewart takes over

#3 Stewart throws a sissy fit and forces more playing time

#4 Stewart waits until DeAngelo retires and becomes the start

#5 Stewart demands a trade

#6 Fill in the blank

Maybe he wants a "Taz Predicts" column. :wacko:

Seriously though how do you see Stewart becoming the great player you deem him to be?

#1 He outplays DeAngelo Williams

#2 DeAngelo gets hurt and Stewart takes over

#3 Stewart throws a sissy fit and forces more playing time

#4 Stewart waits until DeAngelo retires and becomes the start

#5 Stewart demands a trade

#6 Fill in the blank

#7 I call Fox and tell him he's a douchebag and that I'll light a bag of dog crap on his front door if he doesn't let his #1 draft pick more playing time.

or... all kidding aside:

#8 DeAngelo and J Stew split carries 60/40 for another year and DeAngelo leaves as soon as he's an UFA. I dunno if Carolina would pay him the bucks he'll command with Stewart more than capable and waiting in the wings

I'm still not convinced Crabtree is the best NFL star WR. I still maintain the Missouri kid will have a better impact/career.

I still maintain you are wrong.

I wouldn't say it's "very clear" that Detroit is taking Stafford right now. I'm not saying they won't pick him, but Curry and others are likely under serious consideration.

I agree. But their latest roster moves suggest it. There two "best" QBs, Kitna and Orlovsky are gone. There is no way (is there?) that they start the season with Culpepper, Stanton and maybe Henson as their QBs. If they pick up Leftwich or Losman, I'd be more inclined to think that its not Stafford.

I agree. But their latest roster moves suggest it. There two "best" QBs, Kitna and Orlovsky are gone. There is no way (is there?) that they start the season with Culpepper, Stanton and maybe Henson as their QBs. If they pick up Leftwich or Losman, I'd be more inclined to think that its not Stafford.

Ha Ha you said Losman....

DET - skill position player, probably QB

STL - offensive lineman

KC - offensive lineman or defensive front-seven

SEA - skill position player, probably WR

CLE - defensive front-seven

CIN - offensive lineman or defensive front-seven

GB - defensive front-seven

SF - skill position player, probably WR or QB

OK w/TJ to SEA I now say:

DET - Stafford

STL - J Smith

KC - Monroe

SEA - Oher or Curry

CLE - Curry - if not there hard to say - DE or maybe RB

CIN - Crabtree

GB - Raji

SF - Sanchez

Someone somewhere (maybe I should have called it an "unnamed source") said that Raji's running mate at BC is rated as a 3rd rounder and is a better fit as a 3-4 NT.

I wouldn't say it's "very clear" that Detroit is taking Stafford right now. I'm not saying they won't pick him, but Curry and others are likely under serious consideration.

I'm leaning Curry but who knows with DET. Everyone is new or in different positions so its a tough guess.

The Seahawks pick got a lot more interesting. This whole offseason, I've had them taking Crabtree or Curry. Now in the past 10 days or so they have signed Houshmanzadeh and franchised Leroy Hill. They still may take Crabtree, but the height, injury and interview issues probably kick him out of the 4 spot. There is now zero chance that the Seahawks take Curry. Three of their highest paid players are already linebackers. They are paying Leroy Hill nine million. It is most likely going to be a tackle, but my dirty little dream is actually Chris "Beanie" Wells. We need a damn running back bad, reach or not. I wasn't sold on Wells for the bulk of the past two years, but he looked absolutely explosive the second half of this season, and at 230+, that is just terrific.

The Seahawks pick got a lot more interesting. This whole offseason, I've had them taking Crabtree or Curry. Now in the past 10 days or so they have signed Houshmanzadeh and franchised Leroy Hill. They still may take Crabtree, but the height, injury and interview issues probably kick him out of the 4 spot. There is now zero chance that the Seahawks take Curry. Three of their highest paid players are already linebackers. They are paying Leroy Hill nine million. It is most likely going to be a tackle, but my dirty little dream is actually Chris "Beanie" Wells. We need a damn running back bad, reach or not. I wasn't sold on Wells for the bulk of the past two years, but he looked absolutely explosive the second half of this season, and at 230+, that is just terrific.

If they DO take a RB, they wont take it there. I could see them trading down and doing so, but not at #4. JMO